Profile for E P Sheard > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Dr. Boonidigga & The Big BW [VINYL]
Dr. Boonidigga & The Big BW [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 4 May 2013
I already had this on CD but thought it was worth trying on vinyl. It sounds great with the full richness that can be achieved with vinyl. I think it came with a cd too!

Rockers [Blu-ray] [1978] [2009] [Region Free]
Rockers [Blu-ray] [1978] [2009] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Leroy Wallace

4.0 out of 5 stars No point in bluray really, 18 Mar. 2013
I bought this for my dad but watched it myself too.

The film itself features a cast of well known reggae artists and there is of course a fantastic sound track. Unfortunately even with remastering the sound quality is not great and doesn't really need to be on bluray to be honest. Therefore if you own this already on another format, don't buy the bluray in the hope that it will be much better quality.

Something that some people might appreciate knowing is that it is very very hard to understand what the characters are saying. This being said there are at least subtitles to help you along!

Sony PlayStation Vita Memory Card 4GB Model (PlayStation Vita)
Sony PlayStation Vita Memory Card 4GB Model (PlayStation Vita)
Offered by UK ENTERPRISE

1.0 out of 5 stars Not big enough, 18 Mar. 2013
I know it seems silly to say that this card is not big enough because 4GB is 4GB in the end of the day. It is however hard to tell how much memory you will use if you don't yet own the machine. This is the problem I had. I purchased this card with the Vita and filled it VERY fast. It is important to note that I don't heavily use the console and had only downloaded a small handful of demos before I ran out of memory.

I would definitely recommend that you do not buy this and instead splash out on a bigger card. I quickly replaced this with a 16GB card and have never filled it with modest usage.

Remember this,

"Buy cheap, buy twice"

Wisdom Easy Floss Daily Flosser
Wisdom Easy Floss Daily Flosser
Offered by Dental Direct UK

5.0 out of 5 stars No more gipping!, 18 Mar. 2013
No longer do I need to force my hands down my throat to floss!

I have always hated flossing as it was near impossible to get right to the back without throwing up. With this device it is simple. The handle is just like a tooth brush and the floss end is big enough to fit over a tooth and give side to side motion but not too big to be awkward. I have tried other solutions to this problem but never been satisfied as they are usually painful or just don't work.

The only negative I have for this is that I can't seem to find the refills anywhere and so end up having to buy a whole new one. You do get quite a few refills with it, though, and they last quite long!

Ivuna Advanced High Speed 0.5m (0.5 Meter) HDMI to HDMI Cable with Ethernet (Latest 2.0/1.4a Version, 21Gbps) 1080p 4k2k ARC UHD FULL HD LCD GOLD PLASMA & LED TVs AND ALSO SUPPORTS 3D for XBOX ONE SONY PS4 SKY HD VIRGIN BOX DVD Blu-ray Nintendo Wii U
Offered by HDCentral

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't complain, 17 Mar. 2013
For the price of this cable I wasn't expecting a lot from it. It's no high end audio/visual cable but it does have a quality feel to it with tough gold ends.

I use it in quite a demanding system and I can't complain on the way it performs. I have other HDMI cables up in the hundreds of pounds and this isn't totally inferior. I guess that's the magic of digital!

Kolay® The New Apple iPod Nano 7G 7th Generation Pink Flip Case Cover & Sock
Kolay® The New Apple iPod Nano 7G 7th Generation Pink Flip Case Cover & Sock
Offered by iDELTA UK LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable for the price, 17 Mar. 2013
I bought this for my sister and I was reasonably impressed with it.

Firstly it is great value as it is not much more expensive than other cases but with this you get the two parts.

The sock is very much like what apple used to make for the iPod mini way back and is decent quality. Obviously though you need to remove it every time you use the thing!

The flip case is much more substantial and although it doesn't feel or look as sharp and clean cut as apple products it does offer good protection and usability. The iPod fits into it well and it does not obstruct any functionality.

The Green Hornet (Blu-ray 3D + 2D Blu-ray) [2011] [Region Free]
The Green Hornet (Blu-ray 3D + 2D Blu-ray) [2011] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Seth Rogen

4.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, 17 Mar. 2013
It is very stupid in parts but not to a point where it spoils the fun. I wasn't expecting a lot from this film, which might be why is was pleasantly surprised and impressed. Seth rogan is always fun to watch with his odd and slightly aggressive manor and the other guy is pretty good too!

The 3d is not just a gimmick in this film and it doesn't have too much poking stuff out at you just for the sake of it but it does have good depth and I believe it adds to the experience.

If you want some fun 3d or you just want a good comedy/action film then this is worth buying. In fact I think I might watch it again soon…

Tron Legacy (Blu-ray 3D + 2D Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free]
Tron Legacy (Blu-ray 3D + 2D Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Michael Sheen

2.0 out of 5 stars Really don't like, 17 Mar. 2013
I'm sure they will be people who completely disagree with me here but I found is film absolutely awful. I only really bought it for the 3d but even that was not particularly impressive.

The storyline is both weird and forgettable. Oh, and ridiculous. I think it's a bad sign when you are hoping the film will end soon.

I struggle to find much plus points for this film but as it is Disney, there is at least high production value and the audio and picture is very good quality. Shame they didn't just film something else…

Nintendo 3DS Handheld Console - Cosmos Black
Nintendo 3DS Handheld Console - Cosmos Black
Offered by iSolutions

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cool, 17 Mar. 2013
I had to have the 3DS just because I love everything 3d. That being said it is actually pretty impressive. The machine itself is pretty tidy and a nice size (there is a bigger one now if you require it). The metallic plastic is really nice and has a solid feel.

I have a Vita as well and although I find that a more grown up device, this is much more comfortable to use and is a lot more portable. The graphics are not as good as the Vita but are still impressive. It upsets me that Nintendo didn't add another analogue stick from the start. You NEED two stick to really enjoy a lot of different types of games and to me is an obvious necessity for a gaming device. You can get a stick on analogue stick though but it's still a short fall on my eyes.

The augmented reality works really well with the 3d screen and cameras. I think if anything is to make augmented gaming worthwhile it is the addition of 3d. It seems to be much more enjoyable than on the Vita but is still a gimmick you will get bored of quickly. Especially as you need the silly cards to use it most of the time.

The Nintendo store works really well and let's you download all sorts of games all the way back to ancient Nintendo systems. It is sometimes quite slow however, and very very childish. You will find you have to turn the volume down otherwise you will go insane from the repetitive bleepy music!

It's a tough call to choose between the 3DS and the Vita as they are actually quite different machines. I would recommend the 3DS to the more casual gamer and if you just want to carry your home console around with you and play big blockbuster games then get the Vita.

Piranha 3D (Blu-ray 3D)
Piranha 3D (Blu-ray 3D)
Dvd ~ Elisabeth Shue
Offered by MusicnMedia

3.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous, 17 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Piranha 3D (Blu-ray 3D) (Blu-ray)
I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy this film but it is definitely ridiculous. There is a huge amount of horrific gore in this but it IS balanced out with plenty of nudity, obviously.

Highlights:
Kelly brook swimming naked under water in 3D!

Lowlights:
Almost everything else.

Buy this film if you like seeing people chewed up by fish or if you like boobs.

Page: 1 | 2