Profile for Robert Evans > Reviews

One Summer - The Complete Series (2 Disc Set) [1983] [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Morrissey
Price: 10.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Class Drama, 20 July 2014
One Summer Dvd. I was looking on Amazon to buy something decent and I came across this Fabulous gem of a Tv series which first aired on Tv in 1983 and again in 1985 which I managed to watch but didn't have a video to record it on. I loved every episode of this great series and it's a pity no more were made. David Morrissey and Spencer Leigh are excellent in their roles and James Hazeldine was also superb. Buy this and you won't be disappointed.

Benidorm - Series 6 [DVD]
Benidorm - Series 6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steve Pemberton
Price: 9.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Benidorm Series 6, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Benidorm - Series 6 [DVD] (DVD)
Fantastic series this has been. the episode where Jack, played by Elliot Jordan gives Michael and Tiger a scare with a fake shark fin was class. Liam and Kenneth were also funny in the excersice scenes were also hilarious. More of this series Please.

Frankenstein: The True Story [DVD] [2006] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Frankenstein: The True Story [DVD] [2006] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ James Mason
Offered by RAREWAVES USA
Price: 5.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Frankenstein The True Story, 19 July 2012
I remember watching this in two parts as a young kid & it is a pity that this great movie is only on Region 1 Dvd as it would make a terrific addition to any collectiion. I would love to see this re-released on 2 discs just like Salems Lot which I recently purchased. Please make this available on 2 discs & especially in the run up to Halloween. I love this version of the story.

Superman The Movie Soundtrack
Superman The Movie Soundtrack
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Awesome, 29 July 2010
what can I say about this Soundtrack to one of the greatest movies of all time. SUPERB. John Williams really lifts your spirits when you hear this glorious 2 disc CD. I bought the other version of this & was very disapointed, but this Soundtrack is much, much better, The Main Title is in all it's 5 minute 29 second glory, not like the other version & The London Symphony Orchestra could'nt be better. I became a fan of John Williams after I saw Jaws, which I also have on CD. he is in my opinion the best score composer. Excellent. if you are a Superman fan, buy this fabulous Soundtrack. you will not be disapointed

The Wizard of Oz (2 Disc Special Edition) [1939] [DVD]
The Wizard of Oz (2 Disc Special Edition) [1939] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Judy Garland
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 8.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful as ever, 23 Nov 2005
I am glad I bought this classic movie as I was amazed by the new transfer & I have to say that the colour is simply stunning. the yellow brick road is as pretty as it's always been & if there is a word to describe this movie it will be Wonderful. buy this one as it's a classic. Over The Rainbow is one of my favourite movie songs & this 2 disc DVD will make a great Xmas present for the young in heart.

Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 52.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gothic Classic, 19 May 2005
This review is from: Dracula (Audio CD)
This is a brilliant soundtrack CD. I bought this in 1992 & I loved every track on it. Main Title & Storm Sequence blows me away each time I hear it & you can hear the rumble of thunder in the background which sets the mood for the film. John Williams & The London Symphony Orchestra have without doubt excelled themselves, I also love the Superman Soundtrack which is a classic, but this is one of John's finest moments. along with Jaws, Star Wars, ET & Schindlers List. I have been a fan of John's since I seen Jaws all those years ago & this score should have won an Oscar for Best Music. Brilliant. Long may John continue.

Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 52.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Dracula Soundtrack. (John Williams), 8 May 2005
This review is from: Dracula (Audio CD)
This has to be without a doubt John Williams best score with The London Symphony Orchestra. The Main Title & Storm Sequence blows me away each time I hear it, we hear the rumbling of thunder in the background which sets the mood for the film. To Scarborough is another great track which is fast & furious & Dracula's Death is an operatic classic. I have been a fan of John's ever since I seen Jaws in the cinema all those years ago & this ranks along with that score. Well Done for bringing a great score into my life & long may John continue.