Profile for Book Dragon > Reviews

Book Dragon

Wilton Cakes 'N More 3-Tiered Party Stand
Wilton Cakes 'N More 3-Tiered Party Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job!, 17 Feb. 2014
This is a lovely stand for cupcakes, canapés or a wedding cake. It also packs flat for storage. I used it for a wedding soon after it arrived. It did the cakes proud!

4pcs Metal Ball Cake Decorating Sugarcraft Modelling Cutter
4pcs Metal Ball Cake Decorating Sugarcraft Modelling Cutter
Offered by LinTimes(from Hong Kong)

5.0 out of 5 stars ball tools that do the job, 15 Jan. 2014
I ordered these a while ago and I love the weight and the silicone grips. They are well finished too, no rough edges.

Folkmanis Field Mouse Finger Puppet
Folkmanis Field Mouse Finger Puppet

5.0 out of 5 stars Classroom favourite, 6 July 2013
This has been a real hit with my children. They love using him to tell each other stories/secrets/honest opinions. He is well made, and so realistic that he gave one of my colleagues a fright when he was lying on the table!

12 Piece Stainless Steel Wax Carving Set
12 Piece Stainless Steel Wax Carving Set
Offered by customdealers

5.0 out of 5 stars Super quality, 6 July 2013
These are really good quality tools with z nice slender handle. I use them for modeling poly clay for jewellery pieces and they have been invaluable for getting a more detailed and professional finish. Great turn around time from the vendor. I would highly recommend this product.

A Spoon Full Of Sugar
A Spoon Full Of Sugar

3.0 out of 5 stars ManicTeacher, 20 April 2011
I needed a copy of this tune for a Comic Relief act by some of our staff. It did the job well enough. The sound quality is not marvellous and the arrangement is a little stodgy but the singing is clear and easy to understand.

Bread: River Cottage Handbook No. 3
Bread: River Cottage Handbook No. 3
by Daniel Stevens

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple bread bible, 27 Dec. 2010
This book is a brilliant source for the beginner baker. If you want to understand what makes a good bread, buy this book. Having little knowledge of the art of beadmaking, I read it through to begin with, the opening section explains the basics of bread well. I have made a basic loaf dough and spelt loaves now, as well as ones with added extras such as seeds or fruit. The biggest hint was the way to time and prepare and getting the oven set up correctly. I am just making my own sour dough starter - eager to try out lots of different types of bread now. I'm even contemplating building a brick oven in the garden! Thank you, Daniel. You've converted me.

Evensong
Evensong
Offered by nagiry

4.0 out of 5 stars Stunning close harmony singing as well as other sound effects with voice, 21 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Evensong (Audio CD)
If you enjoy the sound of human voices singing in accurate, tight harmonies, you will love this album. Voces8 Evensong album has a lovely variety of pieces that suit different tastes and different moods. The arrangements are really good.

Tamasin's Kitchen Bible
Tamasin's Kitchen Bible
by Tamasin Day-Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars The well -humbed and gravy-stained variety., 16 Sept. 2007
Bought this after watching some of TDL's programmes and found it was not only full of recipes that I would wish to try (or come back to) as a seasoned cook, but a great read as well. It went away to university with my first born, who was taught the rudiments at home - but used to mum doing the actual work! The book has been thoroughly and successfully used , not only by my offspring but his flat-mates as well. This has resulted in my purchase of a second copy for home. I think a third will be needed soon when number 2 flies the nest for the higher annals of learning.