Profile for Pam, Charmouth > Reviews

Content by Pam, Charmouth

Pam, Charmouth "Pam" (Dorset England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children)
by Ransom Riggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Very different and thoroughly enjoyable - lots of twists in the tale., 23 April 2016
Thisis a brilliant novel - one of the most intriguing stories I have read in ages. "Different" is putting it mildIy - I would not say too much about the story line as the surprise elements (of which there are many) are so good. It is delightfully illustrated by sepia printed period photos from which I gather the idea of the stories emanated. It certainly is not a "run of the mill\" story and for that reason might not appeal to everyone but it certainly did for me. I have now ordered the follow up and am thoroughly looking forward to it. Incidentally, in my opinion this is better read in book form than via Kindle or similar. I do read many books on Kindle but thoroughly enjoyed this on paper.

Gray Justice (A Tom Gray Novel Book 1)
Gray Justice (A Tom Gray Novel Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant thriller - thoroughly recommended, 23 April 2016
This, the first, of the Tom Gray stories is absolutely great - on the macabre side at times but that is relevant to the story. It held me from start to finish and for afficionados of the adventure/thriller book this is for you.

Gray Resurrection (A Tom Gray Novel Book 2)
Gray Resurrection (A Tom Gray Novel Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping adventure story., 23 April 2016
This is part of a series of Tom Gray novels (2nd) and there is no doubt that they are well written to hold the reader's attention. Full of action and if you enjoy a good adventure/thriller novel, you will enjoy this. The only very slight issue I had with this one is that there were so many characters that I needed to keep reminding myself who(and on what side) they were. However, this is the kind of book that I shall read again after a while and undoubedly take even more pleasure from it. Recommended.

Take Me Home (Glen Avich Book 2)
Take Me Home (Glen Avich Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Unusual and interesting story, 22 April 2016
This novel certainly held my attention with its supernatural elements mixed with a very human story of confused emotions in what is basically a love story. Very enjoyable.

Mightier than the Sword (Clifton Chronicles Book 5)
Mightier than the Sword (Clifton Chronicles Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping novel - JA at his best., 2 April 2016
What a superb story teller is Jeffrey Archer. Once I start one of his novels I just can't stop reading to the end - then he ends it with a cliff-hanger so that you need to get started on the next one straight away. I thoroughly recommend the Clifton Chronicles for lovers of a great yarn but do make sure you read them in the right order. Happy reading!

Best Kept Secret (The Clifton Chronicles series Book 3)
Best Kept Secret (The Clifton Chronicles series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and absorbing novel, 2 April 2016

Gym Dance Ribbon Rhythmic Gymnastic Streamer Rod Baton Twirling Chinese New Year Party - Red
Offered by Vonraech

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good buy., 1 April 2016
Exactly what I wanted - dance ribbons at a good price.

Your Chinese Horoscope 2016: What the Year of the Monkey holds in store for you
Your Chinese Horoscope 2016: What the Year of the Monkey holds in store for you
by Neil Somerville

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended - detailled & Interesting., 1 April 2016
I buy this book every year - which says it all really! Very interesting and I and my friends and students all love to dip into it all the way through the year. Great detail giving horoscope readings not only for the animals but also the element relevant to the reader. Highly recomended.

A Year Of Songs
A Year Of Songs

5.0 out of 5 stars Good mix of easy listening pieces - most enjoyable., 25 Mar. 2016
This review is from: A Year Of Songs (Audio CD)
As a fan of AA on Pointless and having heard him sing on various occasions with his relaxed baritone tones, I was looking forward to this CD - not disapponted. Might not make the CD of the year but very enjoyable - well done to Alexander Armstrong.

Long Road Out Of Eden
Long Road Out Of Eden
Offered by Media Vortex

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable mix of Eagles music, 25 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Long Road Out Of Eden (Audio CD)
good to have as overview of Eagles music - well put togethe!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15