Profile for Tetsugaku-San > Reviews

Content by Tetsugaku-San

Tetsugaku-San "Tetsugaku-San" (Brighton, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Blackspur BB-HA054 Assorted Picture Hook Set
Blackspur BB-HA054 Assorted Picture Hook Set

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, do no buy., 22 Dec. 2014
total garbage, metal so thin it must have been cut from a tin can. Would;t hold up a playing card let alone a picture.

Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer
Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked first time and hasn't failed in the two weeks we've had it., 24 Nov. 2014
Worked from the first night 100%. Our kids are just turned 4 and just turned 2, they adore the light, the story and waking up to tell us the sun has come up. I can;t fault it.

Pencil by FiftyThree - Walnut
Pencil by FiftyThree - Walnut

1.0 out of 5 stars Next to useless - you're better off with a crayon., 27 Aug. 2014
Imprecise, frequently gets confused between pen mode and rubber mode, useless for any actual drawing work.

You're much better off spending a tenner on a nice solid stylus and expecting less.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2015 7:19 PM GMT

Sony XBA4iP Premium Quality In-Ear Headphones
Sony XBA4iP Premium Quality In-Ear Headphones

1.0 out of 5 stars Leather case - had to return them for a refund, 19 Jun. 2014
Product description doesn't state that the supplied case is real leather (although after receipts, Sony did confirm to me that it is indeed real leather), as a vegetarian I've made a personal choice not to buy any animal products and was disappointed to see this important information hadn't been clearly included in the description.

I've opted for Senheiser IE8I's instead which seem to pretty great, wish I could have stuck with Sony however!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2015 9:29 AM GMT

Bose ® MIE2 Mobile Headphones
Bose ® MIE2 Mobile Headphones

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible ear fit with all of the supplied earpieces, leaks noise to anyone nearby, 10 Jun. 2014
I have some over the ear noise cancelling Bose headphones and expected these to be pretty good - the sound certainly is but the fit is abysmal, too loose and not enough flex to get the air tight fit you need to stop sound leaking out and to get a good bass.

Over £100 for something as bad as the ones Apple sends you for free with a phone? I don;t think so.

Quantum
Quantum
Offered by GamesQuest

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing game - imagine chess in space with more explosions, 10 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Quantum (Toy)
Genuinely adore this game, I picked it up at Essen 2013 and every time we have4 players at the table it comes out. A little like chess, deeply strategic but with the luck of the dice roles to keep things interesting.

Varied maps and varied power up cards mean there are several paths to victory and the game does;t get dull. Easy to explain to new or inexperienced players I'd recommend this to just about anyone. Game on!

Oz the Great and Powerful [DVD]
Oz the Great and Powerful [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Franco

1.0 out of 5 stars Her clothes *actually* fly off., 15 July 2013
Shocker - 1 star.

So lurid it makes you want to turn the colour on your TV down, such bad CGI you think you've gone back 20 years and such shockingly bad gender stereotyping I wouldn't ever let my kids watch this film.

The witches clothes quite literally fly off, to expose an ample wobbling cleavage - FOR NO REASON AT ALL.

Avoid at all costs. Terrible.

(1 star for the china doll, she was well done, the monkey more than cancels that out though)

In The Loop [Blu-ray]
In The Loop [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Tom Hollander

3.0 out of 5 stars If you're looking for a film of "The Thick Of It" - you'll be disappointed, 13 Aug. 2012
This review is from: In The Loop [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Just a quick review - as a recent convert to TTOI I thought we'd splash out on this film - the actors are generally the same but all characters are different, except Malcolm.

The funniest and best part of TTOI, Malcolm let of the leash, never happens & there's no real sense of an end to the film, it just sort of tales off.

Still funny, still well acted and scripted, just not as good as the series 3/5 - ok.

Deliverance Lost (The Horus Heresy)
Deliverance Lost (The Horus Heresy)
by Gav Thorpe

1.0 out of 5 stars Dire. Please BL, give me my £5 and 5 hours back., 1 Aug. 2012
This review rests on a single premise you'll have to forgive - that this book is unbelievable whilst the other books, are.

Maybe I should clarify, other books in the series are broadly internally consistant and believable within the constructed world - this one is not.

Spoilers.....

.... The whole maze thing to find the secret tech? stupid. Just actually stupid. Why? It's so pointless.

.... The emperor would give you tech to make *better* space marines? Almost Primarchs? Really? no.

..... Nothing is resolved, more filler.

.... piss poorly written from start to finish with terrible ideas, more like a 6 year old listed out his super heroe fantasies and someone typed it up for him.

I have the preceding audio drama and was really looking forward to seeing how the older short story, the audio drama and this dove tailed together, unfortunately I wasted my time :(

When I read the HH series again, I'll be skipping this one.

The Primarchs (The Horus Heresy)
The Primarchs (The Horus Heresy)
by Christian Dunn

2.0 out of 5 stars 1/4 worth the ride, 29 July 2012
The Serpent Beneath with its Alpha Legion back story is brilliant, yet takes the mystery and twisted allegiances too far.

The others? Terrible.

Feat Of Iron is so bad I stopped twice, The Reflection Crack'd is ... Dull, reversing the best story point of the Emperors Children (no spoilers, my favourite part anyway). The Lion is so by the numbers you can almost see the... Wait no I've already forgotten.

Anyway, some Horus Heresy is great, it's written almost entirely by Abnett with support from Dembski-Bokwden, some of the rest is passable, some is crap. This is towards the bottom of passable.

Better than Battle For The Abys. But so is a painfully car crash.

Stop milking the series Black Library.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3