Profile for Mr. Craig Sutcliffe > Reviews

Content by Mr. Craig Sutc...

Mr. Craig Sutcliffe "crg52" (North East - UK)

Steepletone Retro BT Corded Telephone - Black
Steepletone Retro BT Corded Telephone - Black
Offered by Delightful-UK
Price: 32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro reproduction, 5 Jan 2013
Yes this is a reproduction, but it is definitely a successful one. Additions are tone dialling and a hands-free speaker phone. The phone itself feels solid and weighty (but not as heavy as the originals). The dialling takes a couple of tries to feel familiar and the lack of a speed dial reminds you of days gone by. The bell ring is authentic (not a speaker) and is audible clearly. I think it's a fantastic phone and it's a must buy if you want a 'proper' phone.

Macally Adjustable Car Cup Holder Mount for iPhone and iPod
Macally Adjustable Car Cup Holder Mount for iPhone and iPod
Offered by dureg Express UK
Price: 11.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, 20 Jan 2011
I own a Seat Altea, and was concerned that this would not fit into the space on the centre console - It does...perfectly. However, it is possible to knock the iPhone when changing gear if you put your hand over the gearknob.

In use, it positions the iphone perfectly, within inches of the Aux-in plug to connect the iphone to the car's hifi, which is exactly what I was planning to do.

The phone sits in a good position for easy, quick use - selecting audio tracks on the iphone is intuitive, as is activating apps (sat-nav, etc).

I have 2 minor reservations - the clamps that hold the phone are tight even at their widest setting (my iphone has a bumper around it, but I expected the holder to have allowed for this). Secondly, the mechanism that holds the holder in the cup holder works well, but will not hold it firm if you plan to try to adjust the position of the phone in situ.

Good price and unique product.

Creature II 2.1 Multi Media Speaker System - Black
Creature II 2.1 Multi Media Speaker System - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable sound quality, 5 Jan 2006
I previously owned a Packard Bell 2.1 speaker system, which I was always wondering if the constant buzz from the subwoofer was a characteristic of subwoofer systems. Since I found these speakers from Amazon, I have been bowled away by the clarity and quality of the sound from the system - my PC hasn't sounded this good in years. There is no buzz, hiss or loss of clarity. I have the subwoofer hidden behind my flat panel monitor, and the satellite speakers are so small they can fit almost anywhere. The only problem I had with the set-up is that I didn't read the instruction manual and wired the left speaker to the right plug (the Right speaker is the powered one, so the system won't work until they are correctly plugged-in).
In summary; a fantastic set-up, at a ridiculously low price.

Blue Album
Blue Album
Price: 13.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks guys, 22 Jun 2004
This review is from: Blue Album (Audio CD)
As a fan of Orbital from the 'Green' album to this, their final album as a duet, I was, to be quite honest, not expecting much. Over the past 2 albums, I felt that the Hartnoll's seemed to lose their way and focus on creating new sounds and experimenting with techniques... I was very pleasantly surprised! The Blue album is a total return to the stunning form of the boys' green and brown album. Sections of the backing tune to 'Acid Pants' is eerily reminiscent of 'Impact' and 'Lush (Euro Tunnel Disaster)' from the Brown album. The final track, 'One Perfect Sunrise', featuring Lisa Gerrard is a cross-genre collaboration that simply blew me away.