Profile for L. L. Hunt > Reviews

Content by L. L. Hunt

L. L. Hunt "hunt5865" (London, UK)

The Hollow (book 1)
The Hollow (book 1)
by Jessica Verday

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Beautiful, 22 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The Hollow (book 1) (Paperback)
One of the most beautiful books I have read it a long time it was almost poetic at some points. I cried not once but twice looking rather odd on the bus and tube. I would recommend this to anyone who is or was an awkward teenager who just didn't fit in. At 30 I can still relate to this character and I think her heartbreaking story touched me more now as an adult than it would have as a teen.

Definitely Dead (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
Definitely Dead (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
by Charlaine Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars At last the answer to all our questions, 15 May 2006
As all the Sookie Stackhouse novels this book brings you back to small town America and the weird underworld that is rarely seen.

In this novel we follow Sookie as she has recently discovered her cousin, who had become a Vampire, is now 'definitely dead'. Sookie must go to New Orleans where she has to go through her cousins apartment, whilst dealing with a new boyfriend, and ex-boyfriend and an ex-lover who are all vying for her attention.

At last we discover the answers to some annoying questions like Who is Bill? and the Pelt saga finely comes to a close (I hope). This is a truly enjoyable read and picks up the pace where the last book left off.

Odds and Gods
Odds and Gods
by Tom Holt
Edition: Audio Cassette

5.0 out of 5 stars hilariously funny, 14 Nov. 2001
This review is from: Odds and Gods (Audio Cassette)
As a lover of books on tape I am always keen to try new things. I found odds and gods in a cheep books store and took it home to ocupy an houre or two. All I can say is it turned out to be an amazing find. Simon Callow lends his luxurious and slightly sarcastic tones to the many characters which adorn this book. It is the tail of the retired gods, ie the one's from Egypt anf Greece and Rome and all the other civilisations which have perished since the dawn of the hot dog! We hear of the escape of a rather crusty old osiris who is on the run from his godson Julian who wants to have him declared clinicaly insene so he can inherit the universe sooner rather than later. Needless to say Julian is a lawer!!!!!