Profile for Mr. Alan Nash > Reviews

Content by Mr. Alan Nash

Mr. Alan Nash "Alan" (Woodford, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Apple IPAD MINI Cellular 16 GB 512 MB 7.9 -inch LCD
Apple IPAD MINI Cellular 16 GB 512 MB 7.9 -inch LCD
Offered by ELife
Price: 286.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ever Tablet, 2 Sep 2013
I cannot fault the iPad mini. Having a series of tablet in the past (windows) and recently an Andoid 7 inch. This knocks spots off any of them. I chose a 16GB as I know the fairly limited number of apps I require. The amount of music and videos are also not a priority for me plus I think the price Apple charge for increased memory is excessive, an extra 140 for another 48GB whereas the cost of a 64GB usb stick is around 10. With apps being store on iCloud and having all the apps I require (50 apps) I still have 11.5 GB free. The screen resolution is excellent and find the size of the mini is ideal for being on the move but still large enough to use with ease. Seeing people with the standard iPad look more like they are carrying a PC around. I have a broadband only T-mobile SIM and this works perfectly. Neat on the go computing. Recommended.

Micro SIM Cutter for iPhone 3, 3G, 4, 4S & iPad
Micro SIM Cutter for iPhone 3, 3G, 4, 4S & iPad
Offered by CDL Micro
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a Treat, 26 May 2013
This little gadget works a treat. Knowing that all your contacts are on the SIM and you are about to put it into this cutter is frightening if anything went wrong. But it works fine and my old SIM is now a micro SIM and working in an iPhone.

Boardwalk Empire - Season 1-2 Complete [DVD] [2012]
Boardwalk Empire - Season 1-2 Complete [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Steve Buscemi
Price: 37.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Addictive, 14 April 2013
The original Bill Board adverts for this series appealed to me. Don't watch enough TV to warrant Sky, so having seen the pilot on Pick TV, I bought these box sets. This is by far the best series I have ever watched. Far better than the 'Sopranos', story line is very good. But first warning 'more addictive the illegal drugs'. The words ' just one more episode' always come out of my mouth as the credits roll up. Second warning - contains swearing, violence and lots of nudity, you have been warned. What else could you expect when it's written by the same guy as the 'Sopranos' and Martin Scorsese is the executive producer.

Quality 3.5mm Stereo Jack Socket to 2 Phono / RCA Plugs Cable 0.25m
Quality 3.5mm Stereo Jack Socket to 2 Phono / RCA Plugs Cable 0.25m
Offered by Consoletronic Ltd
Price: 4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 14 April 2013
Can't say a lot as these are permanently connected to my Sennheiser RS120. Just sit behind my TV and works perfectly. Good quality build and fast delivery.

Sennheiser RS120 II RF Wireless On-Ear Headphone with UK/Ireland power supply
Sennheiser RS120 II RF Wireless On-Ear Headphone with UK/Ireland power supply
Price: 74.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bit of kit, 14 April 2013
These have made my TV watching equivalent to surround sound without disturbing neighbours. The sound is great, the charging stand is very well designed and the battery charge life is fantastic. The whingers who complain about the fiddly controls are just whingers Would thoroughly recommend. But why only 4 stars. Does not include a 3.5 jack to phono connector, had to buy separately, even Gizoo's 9 battery wireless earphones include the adaptor, and if there is no signal for a couple of minutes they emit white noise. So put DVD on pause, leave earphones on go make a cup of tea in pure silence then without notice, bang, white noise. Think this may be a design facility to let you know you have left them switched on, but can be disturbing the first time it happens with the earphones on.

Mini Google Android 4.1 TV Box HD Player WIFI Dual Core Cortex A9 1.6GHz
Mini Google Android 4.1 TV Box HD Player WIFI Dual Core Cortex A9 1.6GHz

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Bit of Kit, 11 April 2013
For the price, this is a great bit of kit that plugs straight into the HDMI on the back of the TV. Whilst It's advertised for Netflix, iPlayer, ITVPlay, 4OD etc, I can get iplayer OK but ITVplayer I have yet to get working and 4OD downloads, searches and then said "Cannot Play on a TV" what's that all about. Netflix is fine but occasional green stripey screens and the buffering are annoying at times. My router is situated upstairs and the TV downstairs, whilst my laptop works OK on wi-fi, the signal wasn't being picked up by this gadget. So weak signals needs to be addressed moreso than with laptops.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2013 6:51 PM BST

2.4G 2.4GHz Fly Air Gyro Sensing Mouse Wireless Keyboard for PC PS3 Android TV Box HTPC (Black)
Offered by Golden Battery
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great with the Android 4.0 TV Box HD Player, 11 April 2013
Purchased this with the 'Mini Google Android 4.0 TV Box HD Player' works very well. No instructions with it so explore the battery compartment for the USB reciever.

Wahl ZX281 19 mm Hot Brush
Wahl ZX281 19 mm Hot Brush
Price: 8.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product - Shame about the Combs, 1 Feb 2013
This product works very well. My wife uses it every day, but in common with other similar products "Crown" and others, the combs gradually lose their teeth one by one and as sets of combs are either not available or at a price near the original product it's easier to buy new. The latest purchase is the 4th of this type, had previously bought 4 or 5 Crown hot brushes that my wife preferred to this product but sadly no longer available. Having said that I will, at the reasonable price, continue to replace when the combs break.

TomTom Via 125 5 Inch Sat Nav with Western Europe Maps
TomTom Via 125 5 Inch Sat Nav with Western Europe Maps
Price: 107.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than my old GO720 but less add ons, 1 Feb 2013
My old Tomtom GO720 served me well, but the internal rechargeable battery gave up. Tried replacing but broke my old faithful. The VIA 125 is better in almost all respects except an external aerial and remote control are not add on options. I drive a London taxi and like the tomtom mounted low on the dash. My old GO720 I had a permanently fitted holder with the external aerial wired in. The GO720 unclipped by press of a button to remove from cab when parked. Also the remote is easier to enter details than prodding the screen.
Speed Camera Database. I subscribed to the speed camera database, which will be the same for the whole range of tomtom's but sadly this is not as up to date as my "out of date" as my old Road Angel Classic, which I was hoping to abandon but I now have to rely on both.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2013 12:47 PM BST

TAXI DRIVER COIN DISPENSER/TAXI DRIVER COIN DISPENSER BLACK WITH NOTE HOLDER
TAXI DRIVER COIN DISPENSER/TAXI DRIVER COIN DISPENSER BLACK WITH NOTE HOLDER
Offered by Taxi-Mart Taxi Accessories & Car Spares
Price: 15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The Indispensable Dispenser, 31 Dec 2012
Just replaced my old 16 year old one with new. Reason, old one took old 50p's (new 50p coins often jumped out) and no 2 coins, This one fits the bill perfectly. Sturdily built, will last until next coin change. Only reason for 4 stars is some rough edges by the coin exit that needed to be smoothed off.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4