Profile for J Carpenter > Reviews

Belkin MixIt Color Range Rockstar Multi 5-Way Splitter for Headphone - White
Belkin MixIt Color Range Rockstar Multi 5-Way Splitter for Headphone - White
Price: 9.82

4.0 out of 5 stars More than I paid for, 11 Jun 2013
First of all I feel it is important dispel some of the criticisms of this item from my own experience.

I have tested this with 3 sets of headphone and 2 outputs.

As other reviewers point out without any sound boosting element to the product sound loss is inevitable and such an item would be significantly more expensive if it did have sound boosting facilities.

I have bought other headphone splitters some cheap some not so and I would say the sound loss even with 3 inputs and 2 outputs is comparable to other 2 way splitters.

Some people complain about the size. I'm not sure how a 5 way splitter could be any smaller. Its diameter is about the same as the width as my iPod touch.

Personally I'm very impressed with the item, probably in part because from the reviews I was expecting a huge great cumbersome item with very poor sound transfer.

Finally I missed the fact that this comes with a second input lead so you can run two sound devices into it as well as up to 5 out of it (only 4 if there are two input devices attached).
To some this might seem like a pointless waste but I can see great potential for parties and playlist battles.

The one thing I can't comment on is longevity and durability as I have just purchased it ( I may update this at a later date).
This is the only reason I don't feel I can give it 5 stars at this stage.

Personally if you think there is any chance you will need more than a 2-way splitter I would recommend this item.

The Rolling Stones: GRRR! [Blu-Ray Audio]
The Rolling Stones: GRRR! [Blu-Ray Audio]
Price: 12.19

5.0 out of 5 stars What part of, "Blu-Ray Audio" are you struggling with, 31 Jan 2013
Most of the negative reviews of this product are by those who have misunderstood what this product is.

I am reviewing this as somebody playing a Sony blu-ray player through an Onkyo amp to Wharfedale diamond speakers so I am probably the sort of person this product is aimed at.

I am not reviewing the music, you already know if you like the Stones or not.

This product is not for everybody but for those who have a reasonably set up and appreciate good quality music (and by that I mean 24/96 DTS not as a comment on the Rolling Stones ability as musicians).

For those of us who are constantly getting ripped off by record companies who know we will pay for extra sound quality this collection represents incredible value for money (Pink Floyd hang your heads in shame).

If you like the Stones, you have an ear for sound quality and the AV equipment to play it, this is a must.

Oh and for those worried about screen burn once you have set your choice of audio option switch your TV off.

And for those who like 5.1 I have found "Studio Mix" on my Onkyo amp works really well with this disc so you may have an equivalent on yours.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2013 7:45 PM BST