Profile for BeccaJaneStClair > Reviews

BeccaJaneStClair (Lincoln, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Skullcandy Lowrider 2.0 On-Ear Headphones with Mic - Athletic Purple
Skullcandy Lowrider 2.0 On-Ear Headphones with Mic - Athletic Purple
Offered by E W Link Co Ltd.

3.0 out of 5 stars good for a small head, 25 Feb. 2015
I bought these because I have a small head and trying to find headphones that stay on is hard. The size of the band is perfect for smaller heads and the sound is decent. I wish it had a volume control attached to the cord and a clip to attach the cord to my clothing as it hangs down a bit far on me and I think the mic is too low. It has one button for answering calls, pausing, and skipping tracks that you use a different number of clicks on. I'm hoping in time I will remember how many clicks do what. They do fold, though not as small as I thought they would. But for the price these are nice.

Buster Inflatable Collar, XS
Buster Inflatable Collar, XS

1.0 out of 5 stars Too small for a small cat, 17 Jan. 2015
Way too small for our very small cat! It would have strangled her if I had tried to put this around her neck, and her neck is much smaller than the small dog pictured.

"Slave" Princess Leia Costume -- Star Wars Fitted Juniors Tank-Top Shirt, X-Large
Offered by S.A.B.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the design, but the sizing is off, 17 Jan. 2015
I absolutely love this design, but the sizing is way off. It runs small across the chest, but it also runs LONG -- so on me, I could wear this as a mini dress if I wanted to! But, it's really cute and I only need it for a costume, so it didn't bother me that much.

Tulip One-Step Tie-Dye Kit Med Moody Blues
Tulip One-Step Tie-Dye Kit Med Moody Blues
Offered by supermart USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fun!, 17 Jan. 2015
This was super easy! I don't know why I never tried tie dying before. My only suggestion would be to limit the number of folds for thicker fabric, as I did have one shirt turn out only with tie dye at the bottom and none at the top, but it still looked cool. Also, if you plan on dying more than 3 items, you will need extra rubber bands. The rubber bands supplied are quite thin, and I found I got better results using thicker standard rubber bands. My other suggestion would also be to use different rubber gloves, as my finger tips did get stained slightly. However, after 2 showers it's virtually all gone. This kit says it will dye up to 6 shirts, I managed to get 5 items done - a vest, 2 t-shirts, a long sleeved t-shirt, and a thin cardigan. Not included in the directions, but something I remembered from camp is to put them in the washing machine, add white vinegar and run a rinse cycle in cold water before washing them. This will help to set the dye.

Also just a note that the colour on the end is NOT purple, it's a navy blue. I was a little disappointed as I had wanted purple, but I was ok with blue.

Me & My Large Sisal Cat Scratching Post & Platform
Me & My Large Sisal Cat Scratching Post & Platform
Offered by SDE Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Cat Not Impressed, 17 Jan. 2015
It's a bit wobbly and our cat hasn't been much interested in it after I replaced the stepstool at the window with this, but that doesn't mean your cat won't! Ours is just fussy. But it does wobble a bit, so make sure you have a level floor to sit it on.

Lowepro 17L AW Nova Sport Shoulder Bag for DSLR Camera - Slate Grey
Lowepro 17L AW Nova Sport Shoulder Bag for DSLR Camera - Slate Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bag for all our needs, 17 Jan. 2015
Fantastic bag for my husband's Canon 600D, two additional lenses, and our mini camcorder. We particularly like that there also is a tablet sleeve, and that it has triple water protection if you do up the draw string on the inside, plus the flap, and then put on the rain cover...though I will say the rain cover was hard to sort out at first! In a pinch, my 600D also will fit in here, so that will be good for when we travel and I need to carry on my handbag and pack my camera bag separately.

Otterbox SYMMETRY SERIES Glacier Protection Case for Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Otterbox SYMMETRY SERIES Glacier Protection Case for Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Compared to Other Otterboxes, 17 Jan. 2015
I'm disappointed in this product. My first disappointment came when it was only available with the main colours of black or white. Being a purple fan, and previously owning a Samsung Galaxy S3 with a purple/pink Otterbox Commuter case, I was hoping to get a similar colour. I purchased this over a cheaper purple case because my husband and I both assumed the Otterbox would be more protective by virtue of it being an Otterbox, and both of us have dropped our S3s plenty of times with no damage.

This case does not come in two pieces like the Otterboxes for other phones. The layer of silicone is fused to the hard plastic and it doesn't give me the same feeling of confidence that the Otterbox Commuter did. Also, there are no silicone plug holes to cover up the charging port and headphone jack. I'm sure it's not necessary, but it did help to keep those ports clean. There also was no screen protector. The Commuter didn't come with an attached protector like the Defender, but it did come with a sticky backed protector to put on. I've had to purchase a separate screen protector for an additional £5.

Will this protect my new phone? We'll see. but overall, I'm really disappointed and I hope Otterbox comes out with the Commuter design and/or more colours for the S5 Mini.

4-Port USB Wall Charger Travel Kit with Interchangeable Plugs (US, UK, EU, AU) for iPhone iPod and other Smart phone, Most Tablet, MP3 Devices etc(Black)

1.0 out of 5 stars useless, 6 Jan. 2015
Does not charge multiple devices. Pretty useless.

Futurama 8 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Futurama 8 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

2.0 out of 5 stars Pixilated and Garbled, 31 Aug. 2014
Futurama gets five stars, every time. But the quality of this DVD brings my rating way down! It's pixilated and garbled. I vaguely remember we had the same problem with volume 7. Very dissapointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 30, 2014 1:18 PM BST

Twirl 100% Cotton Berry 2 Piece Bath Mat Set
Twirl 100% Cotton Berry 2 Piece Bath Mat Set

2.0 out of 5 stars I have to wash our bathmats frequently as we have ..., 17 Aug. 2014
I have to wash our bathmats frequently as we have an older cat who sometimes misses her box. I've had this bathmat for several months, but it has faded in the wash (and turned a cream bath mat pink when washed in cold water!) and now it has started to lose bits of yarn. I have just had to purchase yet another bathmat.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4