Profile for D. D. Colvin > Reviews

Content by D. D. Colvin

D. D. Colvin (uk)

BisLinks® iPhone 4S On Off Power Button Internal Switch Flex Cable Repair Replacement Part
Offered by BisLinks®

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor pattern part, 18 Sept. 2015
Rubbish, a small piece of plastic at the top fell apart and the sensors would not fit into the correct position. It also never worked so I had to order another one from a different supplier which was fitted correctly and worked.

Men's Dunlop LUKE Suede Moccasins BLACK size 10
Men's Dunlop LUKE Suede Moccasins BLACK size 10
Offered by The Slippers Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and good quality, 9 Nov. 2014
Great product, would always replace with Dunlop, much more durable than most other moccasins out there

Tinxs Portable Adjustable Folding Laptop PC Table Stand Tray Lap Sofa Bed Tray Computer Notebook Desk Office Workstation Secret Santa(Wine Red)
Offered by tinxs

2.0 out of 5 stars Wonkey and fittings do not align, 9 Nov. 2014
Unstable and wonky when assembled. Bolt holes do not align so you have to leave one out. Very dissapointing

KJV Giant Print New Testament: KJ481N
KJV Giant Print New Testament: KJ481N
by New Testament

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for people with weak vision, 9 Nov. 2014
Bought this for my Grandad whose eye sight is not what it once was. He loves it and can once again read his favourite book without magnifying lenses

Gorilla 5-Way Multi Guitar Stand Foldable Acoustic Electric Bass Guitar Rack
Gorilla 5-Way Multi Guitar Stand Foldable Acoustic Electric Bass Guitar Rack

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor design and construction, 9 Nov. 2014
As others have found, poor stability and threads too tight on one side. Sorted out with a tap and dies kit but you don't buy goods expecting to fix them before you can use it and assemble it. Guitars do not sit very well in it either.

Sojourn
Sojourn

5.0 out of 5 stars Self produced, recorded and totally independant, 1 April 2010
This review is from: Sojourn (MP3 Download)
I can't really review this myself as I'm the artist that made this album. However I wanted to say a few words about it and add a few quotes from reviews I have had. I recorded this album in my own studio (ahem garage) between 2007 and 2009. I wanted to make an album that felt like all the songs were part of a jigsaw weaving narratives that explore my own joy and pain and emphasise with the human condition; from personal songs like Sunshine to stories of loss (Christmas Lights) and the horror of Auschwitz (Chambers of Hell). I hope you enjoy the album and thank you for your support, without it new music that sits outside the box won't get made.

Here are a few quotes from listeners:

`DD Colvin
In the Dark

This was really impressive. I was taken somewhere off the coast of Morocco. Excellent track. The production was perfect for the entire ambience of the song. I loved it man "nuff said". `

`Lost and Found - D D Colvin

Very, pleasantly British... reminded me of Lloyd Cole and The Commotions (remember them?) I love the melodic keyboard work in here, and the tremolo guitar in the chorus... nice tempo, upbeat and driving, regardless of the sombreness of the lyrics (I like sombreness amongst upbeat music...it works)...'

`Love your music especially Christmas Lights and Cry For Help. Your music to me has a very David Bowie feel about which is great cause Bowie is a legend. Love it, never sell out. Cheers Phill
12 out of 10'

`DD Colvin
Cry for help

love the rev guitar. Well produced. Good vocals too and well written lyrics and good arrangement.
Quite and meaningful song which is what is sometimes lacking on myspace.
Could listen to this over and over again.

Nice Job
10/10'

Toontrack EZ Drummer · Softsynth
Toontrack EZ Drummer · Softsynth
Offered by Mercier Musique

5.0 out of 5 stars Friendly interface, ez to use!, 24 Jan. 2010
I bought this last year whilst I was recording my album. My friend who is a professional producer was doing the mixes and mastering recomended it to me during the project and I'm glad I got it. It's cheap and the drums are very good, particularly the additional packs you can add to the software to increase your kits.

I'm quite lazy when it comes to midi programing, which is where this comes in handy, as it has hundreds of fills, groves etc in the software which you just drag and drop into you sequencer (mine being cubase)

Otherwise you can just link it to a midi device and tap out the rhythm you want.

Anyway, to help anyone interested in this you can hear this product on my music on myspace under darrendcolvin on the songs Chambers of Hell, Christmas Lights and Musical Interlude.

It's used throughout my album Sojourn and for me was a Godsend in getting the project completed.

d d colvin