Profile for Mr D Bell > Reviews

Content by Mr D Bell

Mr D Bell

Cheapest Android KitKat - NEW Polatab Elite Q10.1" Android 4.4 (KitKat) Tablet PC QUAD-CORE CPU - POWERFUL GPU - 16GB STORAGE - SLEEK DESIGN - BLUETOOTH - FLAT 50% OFF - LIMITED TIME OFFER (Black front)

5.0 out of 5 stars POLOTAB ELITE Q10.1 - ANDROID KIT KAT, 18 April 2014
I wanted this as a second cheap tablet that I could take with me on my trips away and chuck around a bit without worrying too much about breaking or losing it . (My wife has a high-end dell XPS 10 Windows RT Tablet, which is very good and much underrated!, so I will understandably compare it to that). Firstly, I did not have the "wouldn't charge without cutting away a bit of plastic issue" reported elsewhere here, it worked straight out of the box. I already had a Google account, so signed into that straight away, no issues. At first I couldn't get into the "Play Store", until I realised that if you have set up your google account with something other than a Google mail log-in, (mine was hotmail address) you can't access the store. I upgraded my google account by adding a googlemail address, and hey presto, no problems. (I am not experienced with Android, so this shouldn't be a problem to regular users!). The display is 1200 X 600, which is adequate for everyday browsing. Sound quality is very good, especially through ear phones, I would say as good as the Dell. Display is not as good as the Dell, but surprisingly good for the price. Build Quality and performance is also surprisingly good for the price and given some of the reports I have read on these Chinese Tablets, the battery lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. Downloaded all the usual Apps straight away, and all worked fine, receives wireless signal very well, no issues. Did I mention the performance! IT'S VERY GOOD!. You can't really compare this to a "High End" Tablet, but whilst there is a very big price difference, there's not a lot of difference in quality and performance. It does everything I need it to, at a fraction of the cost! I'm very happy.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2014 11:44 AM BST