Profile for hellphooey > Reviews

Content by hellphooey

hellphooey "Hellphooey" (Swindon, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Chatham Womens Atlantis Loafers D1284-060 Brown 6 UK, 39 EU, Regular
Chatham Womens Atlantis Loafers D1284-060 Brown 6 UK, 39 EU, Regular

5.0 out of 5 stars So comfy and soft, great quality, 9 April 2014
When I first received these shoes they were a little tight across the widest part of my feet, however, within two occasions of wearing them they had softened and now feel beautiful to wear. The quality is great and I virtually live in these shoes now. They have a lovely, soft sole and go well with jeans.

Crocs Unisex-Adult Specialist Vent Navy Back Strap Sandal 10074-410-006 6 UK
Crocs Unisex-Adult Specialist Vent Navy Back Strap Sandal 10074-410-006 6 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!, 16 Mar 2014
I wear these for 10 hours at a time and I'm on my feet for pretty much all of that time walking miles up and down corridors. These are by far the best shoe I have for work and I have tried several other types of footwear including a leading manufacturer of theatre footwear which left my heels and balls of my feet in terrible pain. I've had the same pair for almost 2 years and they are still going strong so good value. The only negative thing I could say is that because of the material they are made from I occasionally stub my foot on the floor because they kind of stick to the surface, not painful just embarrassing but this is common amongst other wearers of this type of shoe. I still wouldn't swap them for another work shoe.

Horwood 26cm Marble Rolling Pin
Horwood 26cm Marble Rolling Pin
Offered by One Click Wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 16 Mar 2014
I love this rolling pin which I originally bought to make rolling regal icing out and it's fan. It is heavy but that makes rolling easier because you need to use less pressure. The little stand is great too as it means you can rest the pin in between rolling without worrying that it will fall off the work surface. My friends mum has varthritis and she borrowed it and also thinks it's fantastic.

Behind a Closed Door (The Estate Series Book 2)
Behind a Closed Door (The Estate Series Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Uncomplicated series of easy read books, 16 Mar 2014
Easy to read, a little predictable at times but served the purpose of bedtime reading that you can pick up and put down without having to concentrate too much on where you left off last time. Not one for people who enjoy complex, twisted thrillers.

Fighting for Survival (The Estate Series Book 3)
Fighting for Survival (The Estate Series Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, 16 Mar 2014
I bought the series as I wanted some easy read books for when I'm trying to tire myself out at bedtime. These fit the bill nicely. Not complicated, with somewhat predictable endings, some typos in the kindle versions but an OK easy read.

Brilliant Bread
Brilliant Bread

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, well written with fab tips!, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Kindle Edition)
I would describe myself as a novice bread maker but this book has given me confidence in my bread making. The first section about bread and bread making generally is worth a read as it helps to answer those questions you inevitably have when you are progressing through a recipe e.g. is my dough too wet? Have I kneeded this for long enough?
So far I have made soft white rolls but tweeked the recipe adding a bit of wholemeal flour, made my first ever sour dough starter and a sour dough white loaf, a focaccia and I'm now proving my first Marmite loaf which is rising beautifully.
I have a stand mixer with a dough hook on it but one thing I would say is that my results are always better when I hand kneed and I put this down to the easy, hassle free technique instructed in this book. So, all in all if you're just starting out on bread making like I was and/or you want to progress to more complex stuff then this is a great book but read the introduction, it's worth it!

Andrew James Electric Food Stand Mixer In Stunning Red, Includes 2 Year Warranty, Splash Guard, 5.2 Litre Bowl, Spatula And 128 Page Food Mixer Cookbook
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars Had to send the first one back...., 19 Feb 2014
After the second use my initial machine started making a terrible noise, then smoking and was uncontrollable ( I was only creaming butter and sugar). The only way I could turn it off was to unplug it from the mains. After contacting the supplier I was given a click & collect label to return it but they would not send a replacement initially until they had received the defective machine. After complaining about this they agreed to send it as soon as I gave them a tracking number. I have used my replacement twice so far and it's doing ok so far.

Pro's - feels solid, looks good, is powerful, lots of accessories, easy to clean

Cons - might not actually be up to the job if my first machine is anything to go by but will update if new one continues to go strong

I am disappointed with the customer service as I was without a machine for a while, other suppliers on Amazon have replaced defective products immediately without quibble.

Delta Adjustable Wall Spot Light with Dimmer Switch, Satin Chrome Finish, 760 WB SC

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 8 Jan 2014
These lights were purchased for my conservatory and look great. The are a good quality and good value for money. The only negative was that I had to wait months for them as they were out of stock which I didn't know when I ordered. They were worth waiting for.

The Fast Diet: The Secret of Intermittent Fasting - Lose Weight, Stay Healthy, Live Longer
by Dr Michael Mosley

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 8 Jan 2014
I have enjoyed what I have read of this book so far and like the level it is pitched at. I've done the plan for a few weeks and definitely felt better and have lost weight. I do find that some days the fast is harder than others but knowing I can eat what I want the next day really helps. Having said that I think my appetite generally has decreased.

Melissa & Doug Car Transporter
Melissa & Doug Car Transporter

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved by my nephew, 8 Jan 2014
Speedy delivery and the product looked good in the packaging. My nephew loves it but I haven't seen it out of the packaging yet as I posted it as a Christmas gift.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3