Profile for Peter Lange > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Giro Hex Helmet Pads, UniSize Small to Large
Giro Hex Helmet Pads, UniSize Small to Large
Offered by UK Bike Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy helmet but very expensive replacement part, 30 April 2015
What a difference tis has made! I know I should probably replace my helmet but will make it last the summer at least. The padding had gone and the helmet was leaving marks on my head (#1 cropped hair) and the helmet was uncomfortable.

No instructions included but pretty self explanatory - un-velcro the exisiting padding and attach the new. Instant head relief very comfy now - no odd head marks either :) When I get a new helmet I think I wouldreplace the padding more often - although at over £13 a set - pretty expensive.

Sistema Pots to Go Dressing, Pack of 4
Sistema Pots to Go Dressing, Pack of 4

4.0 out of 5 stars I have found that if I can get the closed container into my lunchbox it works great - and keeps the dressing off the salad until, 13 April 2015
I have been using these little pots for just over a year now as I needed a small container for carrying salad dressing, pesto, pickle or mayonnaise to work for my lunch. I have found that if I can get the closed container into my lunchbox it works great - and keeps the dressing off the salad until lunch. Also works better the thicker the food being carried - mayonnaise and chutney are fine but anything thinner or particularly oily (vinagrette or pesto) and I find oil can seep out so I either have to wrap the container in film and put in a bag or put them in my lunch box to avoid spills onto dull work items like my laptop.
So if these were properly leak proof I would go 5 stars but with a bit of care they do the job really well.

Selections GFA805 Solar Powered Battery Operated Ultrasonic Cat Repeller (Batteries Included)
Offered by Garden Selections

4.0 out of 5 stars Looking promising to deter cats, 27 Feb. 2015
Early days but it seems to be working as the amount of poo in the freshly dug garden has reduced over this week and hopefully the local cats will find it unconfortable enough to find somewhere else to go - preferably at home! My only niggle is that there is no way to tell if the ultrasonic blast is even working as I am over 50 and slightly deaf so no chance of hearing it - seems a bit cruel to borrow ask a neighbour for a child to test it or borrow a friends cat:) The LED lights flash whenever I go near it though.

Other issue is with Amazon delivery that does not ever alert me by text even though I am registered and why can't we be given a better time range - even AM or PM would allow me not to be trapped in the house all day. Last delivery was at 5:30PM after being in all day!

Typhoon Utensil Pot- Cream
Typhoon Utensil Pot- Cream
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice enamel painted finish which will age well - and ..., 26 Feb. 2015
The diameter means that even when crammed full it is stable on the counter top. Nice enamel painted finish which will age well - and cleans off with a wipe of a cloth. Bought another in red as have a lot of spoons and knives.

Homecraft 1.25 L Topper Male Urinal
Homecraft 1.25 L Topper Male Urinal

2.0 out of 5 stars Good capacity but leaks badly from poor lid design, 17 Nov. 2014
Bought this for use at night to save trips down stairs - so has to be easily used at night, in the dark and have a decent volume. This product scores well on stability - nice square sides and end so stays put, at 1250 ml great capacity as well. Good wide neck for easy use at night in dark.

Where the product is let down badly is the flimsy hard to release, hard to secure snap on lid - it leaks!
Thankfully I tried this in daylight using water from a tap. No matter how you put the lid on, if you tip it up liquid dribbles out as the lid does not seal watertight or even just tight. I could not get it to stop leaking when using tap water in daylight - so there is no hope at night in the dark.

So make sure you keep the bottle upright if you have used it or you will have spillage.

Why can't anyone make a easy threaded screw on lid that is watertight with a decent bottle capacity? It seems these products are deliberately designed to humiliate the user by leaking or overflowing.

Velcro VEL-EC60329 50mm x 92cm Brand Adjustable Wide Strap - Black
Velcro VEL-EC60329 50mm x 92cm Brand Adjustable Wide Strap - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Bye-bye bungee cords on my bike!, 8 Sept. 2014
I was sick of being whacked by flying bungee cords that never seemed to be the right length to secure items to my bicycle rack, or damaged items by cutting into them - enter these velcro straps.

I use these to secure my folded and baggged suit to my bike rack for commuting (use a Free-fold carrier) 50mm wide so they don't leave marks or creases on the suit. Because they are thin they don't get in the way of a pannier bag (which bungee hooks do). The velcro gives a secure hold that is easy to release (no flying ends). The plastic loop helps pull the strap tight before securing.

I can't imagine why i didn't get these years ago.

niceEshop(TM) BT-168D Digital Handheld Battery Volt Tester/Checker For Button Cell Battery AAA / AA / 9V / 1.5v
Offered by Cosy-Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves re-charging unecessarily, 5 Aug. 2014
brilliant product - was sick of charging batteries and after leaving them for a while not being sure if they were still okay to use - problem solved with this little gadget

BLACK+DECKER Workmate WM301
BLACK+DECKER Workmate WM301

2.0 out of 5 stars Parts for assembly missing from box., 5 Aug. 2014
Moving house and needed a sturdy bench to work on - I was very disappointed to find when following the instructions that there are parts missing. There are separators that are not among the packets that were in the box.

I specifically bought Black and Decker thinking it would be quality checked to make sure all the parts are included - not the case apparently. Maybe why it was cheap.

I just hope the other one for nearly £80 has all the parts.

Thermos Stainless King Food Flask 0.47L Hammertone
Thermos Stainless King Food Flask 0.47L Hammertone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for winter lunches, 16 Jan. 2014
Does what is says - keeps things hot for several hours. Good wide mouth for getting food in (the flask not me).
I have been using this to take hot soup/stew for lunch at work and no longer have to queue up for the microwave - just heat it up at home put it in the flask and at lunch just put it in a bowl and eat.
The spoon works well - mainly use that when I am down the allotment having lunch. The flask has been sitting in the cold at the plot for 4-5 hours but the food is still piping hot come lunch time.
Nice and compact as well.

92cm Snowflake Design Door Hanger Silver Card Holder - Christmas Decoration
92cm Snowflake Design Door Hanger Silver Card Holder - Christmas Decoration
Offered by Christmas Concepts Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad design for Christmas card holder, 6 Jan. 2014
The glitter paint on the rack sheds constantly and gets all over you hands if you touch it.

The attached rings to hold the cards are rigid and set at an angle from the vertical such that they don't hold cards in place. Cards just fall out of the rack if the door is opened or closed.

Cards have to balanced comletely upright and centered so they sit in front of each other obscuring the previous card - expected a system where cards could be placed at an angle (a leaf arrangement) on the holder. Cards just fall out if you try this.

Back to string and pegs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3