Profile for BlueCat > Reviews

Content by BlueCat

BlueCat (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
700mL Fruit Infuser Water Bottle - Leak Free Locking Cap - BPA Free Tritan Plastic - Sport Spout for Easy Drinking - Carrying Loop and Finger Grips for Easy Transport - Instructions and Recipes Included in Box
Offered by Zoma UK
Price: 13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Well constructed, leak proof and good grips!, 12 July 2016
I drink a lot of water and I'm quite happy with plain water but I've seen a lot of these fruit infusion bottles around and thought I'd give it a go - and already I think I'm a convert!

There are few niggles with this but not too many - so let's start on the positives. The bottle is made of a really rigid clear plastic, and there are indentations for hand grips in the side, which is a nice touch (especially as I may use it when I do my yoga and get sweaty!). The bottle holds around 700ml of water, a good size.

The plastic top is easy to remove and inside is a small filter cylinder for the fruit, plus a filter disc that sits on top of the cylinder. This is really good as it stops most fruit residue from passing when you drink - though you do still get some pulp coming through.

The lid is a lockable one and I struggled to work out how to open it at first! Probably me being an eejit but I really couldn't not work out how to open it and there was no instructions either. Anyway, the whole top part twists to a lock or unlock position, and once in the unlock position you push the blue square section at the front and the cover pops open to reveal a circular sipping section. Warning - it pops open quite violently! I've shaken the bottle around, both in locked and unlocked position, and it doesn't leak at all, but the lock is a good measure to ensure it can't come open in a bag.

To use the bottle, simply put some fruit etc in the filter cylinder, put the small filter disc on top and screw the cylinder into the lid. Then fill the bottle - but not right to the top, as it will spill over when you put it all together. Screw the whole top section including the cylinder to the bottle and you're ready to go.

A bit of an issue here is that the base of the cylinder is curved so you can't actually stand it up while you add fruit to it. Not a huge problem but it would have made much more sense to give it a flat bottom!

So far I have only tried this with orange segments - I could fit four into the cylinder easily, though there was probably room for more. As the cylinder is at the top of the bottle I was a bit concerned that the flavour would not permeate or last throughout the drunk, but actually that's not the case at all, and the flavour was strong all the way through. In fact, I filled the bottle a second time, with the same fruit, and still got a good flavour.

Packaging is a simple cardboard box. However, the info on the box promises some recipes but there was nothing in there, no idea of recipes at all. however, it's not difficult to work out what you can put in there - fruit and veg yes, ham and cheese no!

So overall I'm enjoying my new fruit infuser and will look forward to experimenting with different things!

Chicwe Womens Plus Size Short Sleeve Hanky Hem Tunic Blouse White, 18
Chicwe Womens Plus Size Short Sleeve Hanky Hem Tunic Blouse White, 18
Offered by chicwe
Price: 20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely top, good quality, suited me and beautifully packed., 12 July 2016
Buying clothing online is always tricky especially when it comes to sizing, but I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by the quality and cut of this tunic top!

The top arrived in a thick plastic package with a zip closure - very impressive, and means this could potentially be given as a gift. Inside the top was folded and packed with tissue paper, again a good sign of quality., When I unfolded it I was concerned that it would be too small - I am an 18-20 and had ordered an 18, but it looked quite narrow and also felt like the kind of fabric that would cling. however, I put it on and it fitted perfectly and the fabric is stretchy but thick enough not to cling to the lumpy bits! The scoop neck is low enough to suit me (I can't do round or straight neck tops) but not so low as to be revealing, and the material is just about thick enough not to be see through. Love the style too! So overall a really lovely item, and I would not hesitate to buy this brand of clothing again. As a larger lady, it's often difficult to buy styles that suit, but Chicwe seem to have got it right!

I received this at a discounted price in exchange for an honest review.

Flexable Glucosamine Massage Cream, 1 Pack
Flexable Glucosamine Massage Cream, 1 Pack
Offered by PharmEthicals Ltd
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A little goes a long way, 1 July 2016
I have an arthritic knee and take glucosamine tablets (when I remember!) but thought this would be worth trying.

The tub is quite small but a little of the cream goes a long way! It rubs in quite easily so I don't know how well it would work as an actual massage cream. It has a slightly "cold" tingly feeling about it which is quite pleasant, and it's not sticky.

I've only been using it for a few days so I can't tell you if it's having any long term effects yet, but it is pleasant to use!

3-Port Car Charger ,THZY 6.6Amps 33W 3-Port Car Charger for Apple and Android Devices
Offered by THZY-UK
Price: 8.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Reduce car arguments by keeping everyone's devices charged!, 1 July 2016
My partner and I went away for a weekend recently and it involved a long drive, made even longer by being stuck in traffic. He was using sat nav on his phone, which was in the charger and powered by the car cigarette lighter. I was on Facebook - and my battery soon started to drain but the only way I could charge it was to unplug his phone and let his battery drain instead. "If only we had a double USB adaptor thingy," I said ...

So when I was offered the chance to review this I had to say yes!

This works really well. It fits neatly and firmly into the cigarette lighter hole and allows your to add three USB devices. The sockets are far enough apart that you can fit three cables in easily, and the charge time is pretty quick, even when using all three sockets. Means I can keep my phone charging while I use sat nav and let my partner and son charge their phones at the same time - everyone is happy and no arguments! Very useful little gadget!

I received this at a discount in exchange for an honest review

Egg Poacher , Set of 4 - Cooking Perfect Poached Eggs - Green Extra Thick Silicone Egg Poacher Molds - Replace Microwave Egg Poacher, Silicone Egg Ring -GAINWELL
Offered by GAINWELL UK
Price: 16.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong silicone to make poaching easy, 1 July 2016
I already had two silicone egg poaching cups but sometimes you just need to poach more eggs at once, so when I was offered the chance to review this set of four I couldn't resist.

The cups are of a strong silicone and quite large, means the egg sits low in the cup and there's plenty of material to get hold off. Eggs poach in about 5-6 minutes, slightly slower than my other cups, perhaps because of the thickness of the material. I can just about fit all four in my largest saucepan and as you don't need more than a few inches of water for these to work, it's not a problem.

The only slight downside for me (and why I only give them 4 stars) is that on my other cups, there's a small circular lip on the bottom so they sit steadily on the worktop. Makes it really easy to break an egg into them. These don't have that lip, so it's easier to knock the whole thing over and spill the egg. But so long as you're careful and have a steady hand, that shouldn't bee too big a deal.

I received these at a discounted rate in exchange for an honest review.

Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000mg 365 Softgels by Nu U Nutrition (1 Year Supply)
Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000mg 365 Softgels by Nu U Nutrition (1 Year Supply)
Offered by Nu U Nutrition
Price: 29.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge jar, easy to swallow, great value for money, 23 Jun. 2016
I've recently started taking a few supplements to help with weight loss and peri menopause symptoms and omega 3 was recommended. This product is a HUGE bottle packed with 365 100mg capsules - a years worth if you only take one a day. The capsules are quite large but easy to swallow, and while there is a slight fishy smell it's not enough to put you off.obviously I haven't had these long enough to tell if they have an effect yet ... Will update in a month or two.

I received a free or discounted product in exchange for an honest review

Apple iPhone 6 Case,iPhone 6s Case,Lizimandu TPU 3d pattern Case Cover for iphone 6/6s(Blue Flower)
Offered by Lizimandu
Price: 19.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely design, feels good, great fit, 23 Jun. 2016
For a long time I've used a clear silicon case to protect my phone but I wanted something pretty and this caught my eye. It comes wonderfully packed in a padded clear packet. The case is in a material that is not too soft yet not too brittle and it fits my phone perfectly. I love the pattern and the slightly raised texture of the back of the case, and it feels comfortable in my hand - it's not too bulky but it does remove that annoying slippery press of the iPhone 6. I haven't dropped my phone yet so can't say how protective it really is ... But at the moment I am very pleased with this! I've deducted one star simply because the lip around the screen is very thin so I'm not fully confident it will protect it.

I received a free or discounted product in exchange for an honest review.

Enjoydeal Women Casual Sport Anti -Slip Yoga Socks Gym Dance Foot Massage Grey
Enjoydeal Women Casual Sport Anti -Slip Yoga Socks Gym Dance Foot Massage Grey
Offered by LED Light Store
Price: 1.53

3.0 out of 5 stars Good no slip properties but very small, 18 Jun. 2016
Took a while to arrive but they are finally here. I sometimes find I slip on my yoga mat so I thought these would be useful. The rubber bobbles on the bottom are comfortable to walk in and indeed do prevent me from slipping - result! (I could do with some non slip gloves too!)

The only issue is that these are very small - I am a size five and they only just fit me, and would not be comfortable for anyone with bigger feet! The sizing also means that the bobbles stop short of my heels, and while that hasn't been a problem yet, it could in certain yoga moves.

I received these free or at a discounted price in exchange for an honest review.

Karma Active Deluxe Multi Purpose - Yoga Mat/Exercise Mat/Pilates Mat - 1/4" Extra Thick Memory Foam - Anti-Tear and Slip Resistance Surface - With FREE VELCRO Carrying Strap
Offered by KarmaActive
Price: 16.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Memory foam takes getting used to but good non slip mat, 18 Jun. 2016
I do a form of yoga every day and my current mat is already showing signs of wear after two months, so when I was invited to try this mat I couldn't resist.

Although the mats own packaging is simply rolled up and wrapped in cellophane, Amazon delivered it in a HUGE box, which wasn't very environmentally friendly.

The mat is a dark charcoal grey colour, perfectly inoffensive and suitable for anyone. The surface on top is kind of bobbly, and the underneath is smoother. The maker's logo is embossed into the top right corner of the mat, which makes it look like a good quality product. I used the mat on a carpeted surface and it didnt slip at all.

I've never used a memory foam may before and it took a few minutes to get used to seeing my foot impressions! This mat is thinner than my other one and I was a bit concerned it might not provide enough cushioning - I have an arthritic knee - but actually it was fine, very comfortable to use for floor work despite the thinness. Not convinced it would be thick enough on a hard surface though. The slightly bobbly surface and memory foam properties meant my feet gripped firmly and didn't slip, though I did find that sweaty hands could slip quite easily - but that's the same for any mat really.

The mat rolls up easily and compactly. However, I didn't receive the promised Velcro strap! This means the mat has a tendency to unroll slightly, which is not so good for storage. The strap was a big draw for me so I've deducted a star from my review for this reason. I'm going to email the seller and will add a star if they send the strap!

I received this mat free or at a discounted price in Exchange for an honest review.

Nu U Turmeric Curcumin 500mg, 365 Capsules (1 Year Supply)
Nu U Turmeric Curcumin 500mg, 365 Capsules (1 Year Supply)
Offered by Nu U Nutrition
Price: 29.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Large but easy to swallow and a full year's supply, 7 Jun. 2016
I bought these as I seem to be having issues losing weight despite moving more and eating less - and I heard curcumin can help boost metabolism. I was also interested to see if there were any benefits for my arthritic knee.

I've only been using them for a few days so I can't say yet if there's been any benefits, so this review will be on the actual product itself, and I will try to remember to update in a month or two if I get any positive or negative effects.

First thing I noticed is the bottle is HUGE!!!! I've never seen such a big health supplement bottle. However, this is because it holds 365 tablets, one a day for a year, which represents excellent value for money, especially as the expiry date far outlasts the year.

The tablets are about an inch long, pretty big, but I've not had any issue with swallowing them and they slip down easily. There's no taste and very little scent, I'm pleased to report.

Not much else I can say at this stage!

I received a discounted item in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14