Profile for Ms. T. M. Williams > Reviews

Content by Ms. T. M. Williams

Ms. T. M. Williams "mutley11" (Reading)

Page: 1 | 2
Dexter - Season 3 [DVD]
Dexter - Season 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael C. Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic Dexter series, 27 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Dexter - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
I love Dexter so there's not a lot bad I can say about the series but this is one of my favourite series to date.

iGadgitz Purple Leather Case Cover for Apple iPod Classic 80GB, 120GB & Latest 6th Generation 160gb launched Sept 09 + Belt Clip & Screen Protector
Offered by iGadgitz

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tine, 27 Oct. 2011
This is a great cover for my ipod. I previously had a clear plastic case which got scratched quite badly. Very pretty lilac colour too.

Venice
Venice

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, personal and full of information, 2 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Venice (Kindle Edition)
This review is based on the Kindle version of this book.

Having only had the pleasure of visiting Venice on a grey, stormy day I am longing for the day when I can return and really explore the well known and not so well known parts of Serenissima. For now, I hoped that this book would keep me going until I am able to return. It is very obvious that the author has a passion for and an extensive knowledge of Venice and sometimes this left me feeling overwhelmed with place names and little understanding of their physical place. There is also an over use of lists and superlatives which can sometimes be a little tedious. However, the emphasis is not on the tourist sites and traps but on Venice as a whole. There are maps, but these are unfortunately too small to be worthwhile on the Kindle. Also, there was a page missing in the afterword, which because it gives a histological timeline, is rendered pretty much useless due to the omission.

I'm not sure where this book fits. It is neither a travel book nor a complete history of Venice and yet, it has renewed and reawakened my desire to return to Venice and now, because I am more educated about the not so well known but equally enigmatic areas of Venice, the visit will be so much more fulfilling.

The Savage Garden
The Savage Garden
by Mark Mills

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea not excellently executed, 7 Oct. 2007
This review is from: The Savage Garden (Paperback)
The idea this book is based on is a good one. Lots of puzzles which could have had me gripped. However, some weak underlying storylines and a predictable ending spoiled it. Following on from the likes of the Da Vinci Code, authors know that readers enjoy trying to solve puzzles. I guess to appeal to a broader audience, a romance and some sex were included. For me, this distracted from the main theme of the book, the one that drew my interest in the first place. It was a shame. The book could have been so muxh better.

Page: 1 | 2