ARRAY(0xa9bdb7d4)

Profile for Ms. T. M. Williams > Reviews

Content by Ms. T. M. Williams

Ms. T. M. Williams "mutley11" (Reading)

Page: 1 | 2
Griffin Technology AutoPilot for iPods Plays Control Charges iPod in Car
Griffin Technology AutoPilot for iPods Plays Control Charges iPod in Car

4.0 out of 5 stars Too early to review fully, 2 Jun 2013
Only received this a couple of days ago and bought it because I am driving to Glasgow next week. I've used one of the iPod tuner gadgets and always been disappointed by them. I had been quoted 250 to convert my stereo to enable me to play my iPod but was loathe to spend that much money. I did some research online and found a lot of recommendations and good reviews for this product. I used it yesterday just to see if it worked and have to say that I was really impressed. The sound quality is great and with my iPod set to shuffle I can listen to my music without worrying that I am going to lose it at any moment. There is a charger as well which uses the cigarette lighter. I've only given it 4 stars because I don't know how it will perform over a long journey. However, I am very pleased I tool the plunge with this rather than spend the 250.

Beatrix Potter The Complete Tales
Beatrix Potter The Complete Tales
by Beatrix Potter
Price: 24.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book and the perfect present, 11 May 2013
I needed to get a special present for a little boy's Christening and decided to buy the box set of Beatrix Potter books as I had bought them for my son. I was incredibly disappointed to see that the box set only seems to be available for silly sums of money. Not to be defeated I continued to look and found this. After reading the reviews I decided to buy it and hope that it would be up to the occasion. I received it this morning and am more than happy with it. It is a stunning book, full of illustrations and it comes in a case so it looks even more special. I'm so happy with it I am thinking of buying another copy for myself.

200G 10% Sulphur Soap
200G 10% Sulphur Soap
Offered by Christina May Ltd.
Price: 4.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 12 April 2013
This review is from: 200G 10% Sulphur Soap (Misc.)
I bought this after doing some research. I had scabies and after using the cream the GP gave me I wanted something I could use on a more regular basis. I had looked and saw that a few people had used this for scabies so I took the plunge. I've used it a few times and it has certainly helped with the scratching. There are a couple of downsides one of which is that you smell like rotten eggs and the other is that my skin felt very dry after but this was a small price to pay to stop the scratching. I will definitely use more.

Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Darker
Price: 3.32

3.0 out of 5 stars A little tittilation and a lot of repetition, 23 Jun 2012
I had to read this to see what all the fuss has been about. This book isn't meant to be a literary classic and so the reader shouldn't feel disappointed with the writing style. There is however an awful lot of repetition not only the constant reminders that Grey is beautiful, the references to Ana's subconscious and inner goddess but also the repetitiveness of her orgasms! For me this was the least believable part of the book. Does any woman really have such earth-shattering orgasms every time her partner comes anywhere near her? I'm also not convinced that Grey's turnaround from love-avoiding loner to someone who is not only willing to try to love but someone who seems so quick to give in is believable either. He's obviously a damaged man and I know that once those walls are built up it takes a lot more than someone asking you to do something you are opposed to, to enable you to do it.

The book's reputation is built on its erotic nature and I have to say that at first this does its job. It is erotic and as a woman I did feel jealous and wish I was Ana with my very own Grey. However, by the end of the book I was a little bored with it. I think the fact that it is never a disappointment, there are no sexual failures her interminable orgasms of which she has two nearly every time Grey so much as walks into the room never builds the excitement again. It does become a little tedious. Towards the end of this first part I was skipping over the sex and more interested in the relationship and how it was all going to end. Disappointingly, the first book ended not as I thought it should have but a little too rosily. We'll see how that affects the second instalment.

The Hunchback Assignments
The Hunchback Assignments
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 5 April 2012
Sometimes I found it difficult to think of this as a children's book because it is such a good read. Nothing overly taxing for adult readers but engaging nevertheless. I was engrossed and have since downloaded the next in the series. I could see this being made into a film or even a TV series.

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly great, 24 Mar 2012
I was drawn to this book by some of the other reviews and although categorized as "young adult" reading I have to say I really enjoyed this and the other two books in the trilogy. The premise reminded me a little of Logan's Run but this was in no way as distraction because everything else seemed fresh and clever. There is the ubiquitous "who-will-she-choose" love story but this is not what the story is about and therefore although you do become invested in that there are far bigger things for you to be interested in. I think it also throws up some dilemmas for today, one of them being at what point do morals and entertainment part company?

Welsh Teatime Recipes: Traditional Welsh Cakes (Favourite Recipes)
Welsh Teatime Recipes: Traditional Welsh Cakes (Favourite Recipes)
by A.R. Quinton

5.0 out of 5 stars I love all things Welsh and this is cake as well, 24 Mar 2012
Has all the favourites, bara brith and Welsh cakes and then some. I've tried a few of the recipes which were received and eaten to lots of ooohs and aaahs. A successful baking purchase

A Room With a View
A Room With a View
Price: 3.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 24 Mar 2012
This is one of those books I read time and time again. The characters are well written and full of personality. It's a study of social life and snobbery and how these barriers are blown away by love. As a bonus, it is also one of the few books where the film doesn't disappoint. Read it, you'll love it.

Chimes of Whitechapel
Chimes of Whitechapel

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 24 Mar 2012
The title says it all. Although I could also add disappointing, disjointed and poorly written. To this add the fact that the kindle edition is full of spelling errors and duplication of phrases and sentences and it really is a terrible read. I started it, gave up but am determined to finish it although quite frankly I have no idea what I'm reading or what is going on. I'm not sure that if I didn't already know a lot about the Ripper murders that this book would provide any insight at all. Thankfully it was free, even so, if you haven't downloaded it, I wouldn't bother.

Witness to Death
Witness to Death

3.0 out of 5 stars Great read until the end, 8 Mar 2012
This review is from: Witness to Death (Kindle Edition)
Not usually the type of book I would read but I was encouraged by the reviews. Until the last few pages I was debating whether to give this a 4 or 5 star rating. It was a great read and kept me interested right to the end, and that's where the problem is for me. The end is bizarre. I read the last chapter a few times to see if I had missed something but can't see where I did. It's such a shame because this is a good book but the end took the shine off it for me.

Page: 1 | 2