Profile for Joss O. Whittle > Reviews

Content by Joss O. Whittle

Joss O. Whittle "Proinventor91" (Boston, MA)

Page: 1 | 2
Tingkam led strip kit 5M 5050 RGB color changing 150 LEDs Waterproof Flexible led Strip Light+44 key IR Remote +2A AC uk plug System for home kitchens decorative
Offered by Kingsdom

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fun, I now have these attached to a raspberry ..., 12 Jan. 2015
Really fun, I now have these attached to a raspberry pi running a script that lets me pick the colours from my smart phone.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2015 8:49 PM GMT

28020 Fahrenheit Analogue Variable Temperature 150 - 480°C 58W Soldering Station
Offered by delighttobuy

5.0 out of 5 stars A great purchase., 12 Jan. 2015
Cheap and gets the job done. A great purchase.

Zombies!!! 8 Jailbreak Card Game
Zombies!!! 8 Jailbreak Card Game
Offered by GamesQuest

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this as a gift for my sister. Our ..., 12 Jan. 2015
Bought this as a gift for my sister. Our whole family loves the zombies series. 10/10 would nearly kill each other over.

Vktech 5pcs 6x8cm Double-Side Prototype PCB Universal Printed Circuit Board
Vktech 5pcs 6x8cm Double-Side Prototype PCB Universal Printed Circuit Board
Offered by vktech-HK

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 12 Jan. 2015
Pretty good quality. Beware of overheating the copper around the holes.

TIP31A NPN Transistor TO220 60V 3A Pack of 3
TIP31A NPN Transistor TO220 60V 3A Pack of 3
Offered by Rk Education

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Jan. 2015
Good for what they are, arrived in a reasonable amount of time.

The Art of Computer Programming: Volumes 1-4a (Box Set)
The Art of Computer Programming: Volumes 1-4a (Box Set)
by Donald E. Knuth

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic compendium of computer science knowledge, 12 Jan. 2015
A fantastic compendium of computer science knowledge. Volume 1. gives a nice review of the necessary mathematics for working through this series, although I can highly recommend Knuth's Concrete Mathematics text for the dedicated reader.

MSI GT60 2PE Dominator Pro 626UK 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook (Intel Core i7-4810MQ 2.8GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic laptop, but limiting from warranty restrictions., 8 Aug. 2014
Pros: This laptop is brilliantly fast, has a powerful graphics card, a great cooling system with a fan that is easily accessible for cleaning.

Cons: The laptop has a second, empty, harddrive bay which I would like to put an SSD into. However, the warranty sticker is over the edge of the bottom panel making opening the laptop impossible without voiding the 1 year MSI warranty.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2014 2:08 AM BST

'I'm not a paper cup' - Ceramic Travel Mug with Silicone Grip - Orange
'I'm not a paper cup' - Ceramic Travel Mug with Silicone Grip - Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. It holds hot fluid, doesn't spill, doesn't burn your hand. What more could you want., 3 Jun. 2012
I bought this to bring my morning coffee into uni with me. Initially I literally walked in with my normal open top ceramic coffee mug, I live right on the edge of campus. But after I was mistaken for a lecturer as I walked around campus sipping from my mug I decided that I needed to do something about my coffee problem. This mug is great, it holds just as much as my tall mug, the grip stops it burning my hand, the lid does not fall off (though I think it would if you turned it upside down when full), and it keeps your coffee warm for a good hour to two hours. Buy it, it's a good purchase.

Learn PROLOG Now! (Texts in Computing)
Learn PROLOG Now! (Texts in Computing)
by Patrick Blackburn

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, don't know what more you could want except maybe to have the knowledge beamed directly to your brain., 3 Jun. 2012

You'll find that nearly every university's CS course on Prolog is based off of this book. They often don't even bother making their own support material. This is not because they are lazy, this is because this book and it's writers got it right on the money.

If you need proof I knew nothing about Prolog at the start of this semester and I have secured a 96 average at the end of my Prolog module at Uni. I attribute all knowledge gained on Prolog to this book. Which I read in the first two days of the module, got all the lab work done in the follow 3 days (because all the lab work was actually just the digital versions of the books exercises), then sat back with my feat up feeling a little bit smug all semester and then took the exam. Buy this book, and then profit.

Conrad WA-139 Red LED Binary Watch
Conrad WA-139 Red LED Binary Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, love it, love it. But not when I am drunk., 3 Jun. 2012
It's great, it's fun, it keeps you up on your binary skills. Mental arithmetic is really good to practice regularly but we often don't have a reason to. This gives you that reason.

Great build quality, I was dubious because of the price but is actually really good. Mine has been through quite a lot these last months and it certainly doesn't show it.

As I said in the title, only con is that it is a royal pain in the behind to read while drunk. But with time you actually get quite good at it. My drunk arithmetic is better than ever now!

Page: 1 | 2