Profile for Angelz > Reviews

Nigella Christmas: Food, Family, Friends, Festivities
by Nigella Lawson
Price: 13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Christmas Recipe book ever, 17 Oct 2012
I bought this book a few years ago and regularly use the recipes from it not only at Christmas but throughout the year too. I just love the way she describes the little things in her recipes that a lot of other books don't and the fact that the recipes are all really easy to follow and of course the fact that there are pictures to show you what the end product looks like. It is also helpful that she lists suppliers in the back where you can buy (for example) some of the cake decorations and unusual ingredients for some of her recipes. You don't have to buy these things but they do make the finishing touches that your guests will talk about forever. Can't help but love Nigella as much as I wish I didn't.

Trunki Mini Yondi Travel Pillow - Frog (Green)
Trunki Mini Yondi Travel Pillow - Frog (Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 18 Oct 2011
I bought this product because my son was very small when I first brought him home from hospital and although we had all of the head supports etc. in his car seat, pram etc... he was too small to obtain any benefit from them. I found this product after searching to see if there was a way I could do something other than shove muslin clothes around his head and came up with this. It is perfect!!! I use it everyday now (6weeks down the track) and it stops his head and neck from swaying in one direction or another. We use it everywhere including his bouncer and when sleeping in the pram, in the car seat. It is really easy to use and the bright colour looks great. A lot of people have commented on what a great product it is and asked where I got it from. We are travelling to Australia for xmas and intend to make great use of it on our very long trip out there. I intend on purchasing the next size up once he is big enough as I think they are such a good product. Other colours/animals are available too if you don't like the bright green frog.

Cheesecakes, Pavlovas and Trifles (The Australian Women's Weekly Minis)
Cheesecakes, Pavlovas and Trifles (The Australian Women's Weekly Minis)
by Susan Tomnay

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cheesecakes ever!!!, 12 April 2010
I bought this book a few years ago and have made almost every recipe in it. My favourite is the white chocolate and raspberry baked cheesecake. It is a little fiddly but has been successful each and everytime I have made it. The cover recipe is also a nice "take" of a lemon meringue pie and also a reasonably straightforward recipe to follow. All of the recipes are easy to follow and there are some really yummy things to make. There are also some great recipes for things like pavs, trifles, tiramisu and fruit salads which are great at a BBQ or family gathering. My friends often phone me to see if they can come and borrow my book as they want to replicate something I have cooked for them at their own dinner parties. I was only a beginner cook when I first got this book which goes to show you don't need any special skills to have such fabulous success.

The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook: Old-Fashioned Recipes from New York's Sweetest Bakery
by Jennifer Appel
Price: 15.27

3.0 out of 5 stars Cake Heaven, 12 April 2010
I am a keen baker and recently visited New York for the first time. Because I am into baking a friend suggested I visit the Magnolia Bakery and try some of their delicious cakes. Whilst I love baking I am actually not a keen cake eater (that's usually my husbands job) but the cakes we bought were all very delicious and the texture so light and fluffy. I immediately bought this book when I got back to the UK and am pleased to say that the recipes are virtually fool proof. Everything I have baked from the book has so far been a huge success with family and friends and the only criticism I could make of the book is that there should be more pictures of what the cakes look like near the recipes. I am a very visual person in that I like to see the cake and recipe on the same page (or next to each other) rather than having to flick through the book to the photo section. Apart from that one little thing I would thoroughly recommend this book for complete domestic baking success! Your family and friends will love you!

A Dog Abroad: One Man and his Dog Journey into the Heart of Europe
A Dog Abroad: One Man and his Dog Journey into the Heart of Europe
by Bruce Fogle
Price: 7.93

4.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, 15 Feb 2009
If you are a dog lover and love travelling you will love this book. I have a golden retriever myself and have several of Bruce Fogles more serious books but this one was fantastic. This book is more like a journal of a man who travels Europe with his dog. The unexpected part for me was finding out so much about parts of Europe I had never thought of before or had any inclination of visiting. I found out that they build platforms for storks to nest on in some european countries. It is a cross between a travel book (a la Bill Bryson) and a book about dogs (Marley and me). A great read.

Kyocera 14cm Santoku Knife - Black Ceramic Blade
Kyocera 14cm Santoku Knife - Black Ceramic Blade
Offered by Bright Sparks Store
Price: 52.39

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, 15 Feb 2009
A friend recommended that I buy this knife as they had one and really loved it. I ordered it and I was advised it had been dispatched and a month later it still hadn't arrived. I contacted the supplier via amazon and they told me that it had been sent by them but they would investigate and send me another. The only problem was that they didn't have another available for 2 months so offered me a refund which I accepted. I was really dissapointed as I was buying it as a present for my husband who loves cooking. I have tried to buy one locally but to no avail so in all reality.....if I had received the knife in the first place I would have been able to give it a much better review. Make sure you keep track of orders placed with 3rd parties through amazon as I have had this problem before.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2011 2:16 PM GMT

Tomy Winnie the Pooh Baby-Soft Bath
Tomy Winnie the Pooh Baby-Soft Bath

4.0 out of 5 stars What a great idea, 15 Feb 2009
I have now bought 4 of these baths. I first bought one for my sister when she was having a baby and she used it every day until her baby was too big to fit. The reason she loved it so much was because it is inflatable so it is extremely portable and for her it really saved her back an enormous strain. She uses it on the kitchen bench or any other appropriate surface and it means she doesn't have to bend over like she would if she bathed her baby in her household bath. The other 3 baths I have bought for my sisters friends when they have had their babies. They loved the idea so much they wanted an inflatable bath too!!! They make great baby shower presents and they are relatively cheap. Two of the girls have taken them with them when travelling and found them absolutely fantastic as they fold up to nothing and just take a few breaths of air to inflate. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Madhur Jaffrey's Ultimate Curry Bible
Madhur Jaffrey's Ultimate Curry Bible
by Madhur Jaffrey
Price: 13.00

4.0 out of 5 stars If you're a curry muncher you'll love this book, 15 Feb 2009
A friend of mine recommended I buy this book as there are lots of different curry recipes from all parts of the globe and they are easy to make and she wasn't wrong. I have made several of the curries in the book and all have been relatively simple to make and all of them have been really tasty. It was a bit of effort at first to get all of the different spices but now I have them I can knock up just about any of the recipes in a flash. There are curry recipes from all over the world including places like Japan which surprised me as I wasn't aware the Japanese were into curry. My husband also really likes this book and has also had a bash at knocking up a few curries and I'm telling you....if he can make it so can you.

Air Babylon
Air Babylon
by Imogen Edwards-Jones
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, an explanation for the madness that goes on!!!, 6 Oct 2006
This review is from: Air Babylon (Paperback)
I loved this book. As a frequent long distance flyer and an employee in the hotel business I felt I could relate to most of what went on the book.It also opened my eyes to many events that must occur whilst flying and how airline staff deal with them - things that I had not considered before. My husband is a terrible flyer and he also read this book and in a bizare way it assisted him overcome some of his previous fears and gave him a few new things to think about.This book made me laugh (and cry) and since reading it I have bought all of the others in the series and thoroughly enjoyed them too, especially Hotel Babylon. Even if you are not a big reader buy this book and give it a go as it is a great read!!!