Profile for Lou P. > Reviews

Content by Lou P.

Lou P. (York, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Epicurean Europe 1-Piece 48 x 48 cm Polyester with Zinc Plated Steel Frame Food Cover Umbrella, White with Pink and Green Strawberry Design

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely & summery, 21 May 2014
I love this as it was larger than average & could accommodate a large deep sponge cake on a stand with room to spare. I bought the Daisy design too. They have a sort of retro feel to them & they are great for keeping your cakes, party food etc covered until you are ready to tuck in & look quite stylish on the table.

Epicurean Europe 48 x 48 cm Polyester with Zinc Plated Steel Frame Food Cover Umbrella with White and Yellow Daisy Design
Offered by Colanders FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely cover, 19 April 2014
Really good size- could fit over a deep sponge cake on a stand & looks pretty too. Folds up neatly for storage.

Vintage Tea Party
Vintage Tea Party
by Carolyn Caldicott

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little book, 29 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Vintage Tea Party (Hardcover)
I really like this little book. It has some great recipes & it is intresting to read. It gives lots of background info & has some nice pictures in it too.

40 Personalised Handmade By Business Labels Stickers
40 Personalised Handmade By Business Labels Stickers
Offered by Label Amour - Paper Personalised

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little stickers, 29 Mar. 2014
Very good service as I had not followed the instructions properly but was guided by the team from from Label Amour via e-mail & still received the stickers promptly. Look nice. Fantastic price.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, 15 Sept. 2013
I was recommended this product by a friend to use on our camping holiday. It's a nifty washing up bowl that collapses flat so doesn't take up much room in the car. When up it was surprisingly sturdy & a good size so easily fit our pots in to take down to the washing up area. It was very handy having handes to carry it, although when there were alot of pots in the bowl it was not always possible to carry with just one hand. Most of the time I could manage to carry it like a shopping bag though! I am very pleased with this product. Roll on next summer for our next family camping trip!

Wilton Graceful Tiers Cake Stand
Wilton Graceful Tiers Cake Stand

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks lovely!, 6 Sept. 2013
I saw this cake stand used in a May Clee-Cadman book & when my partner (now husband) & I finally got round to tying the knot (took over 19 years & two children) I had my heart set on using this stand for our cake. I'd always wanted to make my own Wedding cake. I did lots of searching & found that this stand seems to be manufactured in America (I think) & was not readily available in the UK. I do think it was pricey but Amazon had the best offer & it was for a very special occasion.
It didn't feel too sturdy when it was put together but actually it held 3 fruit cakes with no problem & looked stunning!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Savoy Disposable Icing Piping Bag pack of 20
Savoy Disposable Icing Piping Bag pack of 20
Offered by Classikool® Luxury without expensive packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 6 Sept. 2013
I love these piping bags. I've used similar piping bags before but found these to be stronger & much bigger. Great for using in the catering trade & like myself, for cake decorating when piping lots of buttercream. Too big if you are just making a little cake but great for batch-baking & mass-piping!
Also, fantastic price & speedy delivery.

Everything's Amazing (sort of) (Tom Gates)
Everything's Amazing (sort of) (Tom Gates)
by Liz Pichon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 6 Sept. 2013
I bought this for our son's 9th birthday & he loved it. He couldn't put it down & has since read a couple of the other Tom Gates books.
He prefers it to the Wimpy Kid books.

Airfix A50089 Aston Martin DB5 1:32 Scale Model Medium Starter Set
Airfix A50089 Aston Martin DB5 1:32 Scale Model Medium Starter Set
Offered by Hawkin's Bazaar

3.0 out of 5 stars Too hard for average 8-9 year old., 6 Sept. 2013
We bought this for my nine year old son's birthday as he is a big James Bond fan. It is rated as Level one for beginners & was within the right age range (8 yrs +). He has previously made lots of fairly tricky Lego models so we thought this was a step-up. Also, my husband loved to make Airfix aeroplanes when he was a similar age, so he was looking forward to helping our son.

In reality, it was really tricky & my husband ended up making it himself & struggling! He said it was harder than any Airfix model he had ever made.

The finished product looked nice but it was just too hard for your average 8-9 year old. One for the grown-up boys I'd say!

Marvel Heroes - Attack - Maxi Poster - 61 cm x 91.5 cm
Marvel Heroes - Attack - Maxi Poster - 61 cm x 91.5 cm
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Super heroes, 10 Aug. 2012
We bought this for my son's birthday. He turned 8 and has recently got back into Marvel characters & other superheroes after seeing the Avengers film. He loves it. It is good quality & nice & bright. He gets me to try & identify the characters on the poster - of course he knows far more than I do. We were pleased with this product. Speedy delivery too.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2012 9:38 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4