Profile for Sunny > Reviews

Content by Sunny

Sunny

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
STAR N9599 - 5.7 Inch HD (1280*720 pixels) huge Screen Tablet Phone Android 4.2 MTK6589 Quad Core 1.2GHz with hand-write stylus (Grey, White)
Offered by JZK Express Network

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to a Galaxy Note 2, 21 Dec 2013
Firstly, having had previous problems with another overseas seller I decided to buy from DracoTek. Fantastic service! Item arrived within 11 days of ordering (China to UK) with tracking facility. Worth paying the extra £5-£10 for peace of mind.

First Impressions [based on 2 weeks use]
My current phone is a Galaxy S2 and the Star N9599 is definitely a step in many areas.
The phone is BIG but looks great and well made. Screen is crisp and phone feels weighty. Almost on parr with Galaxy Note 2 in many respects.

Handset
This is a device to be used with 2 hands but this is expected. The phone has some weight to it so holding it with one hand may become tiresome with prolonged use. The 'Home' button is a bit loose but works fine (happened to my S2 after 2 years). The battery cover is a pain in the a*** to take off. It doesn't come away easily for some reason, and I have to use my nail or credit card around all the edges to pry it off.

Screen
Very impressed with it. The screen is sharp at 720p. You won't notice the pixels. The only downside it has a slight blue hue and the contrast and colour isn't on par with the Samsung amoled screen. I've tried a few apps to change the settings but no luck yet. This is a minor niggle though.

Battery
Battery life is good, I'm getting 24-28hours with normal use. The 3800mAh hours is huge.

OS
Mine came with Android 4.2.1 with what looks like a replica of Samsung's Touchwiz OS which I don't like at all, as it looks dated and clunky. On the plus side the phone only takes 5 seconds to boot and switch off, which is amazing. I'm so used to waiting 40+ seconds for my S2 to boot before I can use it. The OS is very fast and smooth and apps open quickly. I ran AnTuTu benchmark and it achieved a score of 16500+ compared to 10900 of my S2. This is on par with the S3. Great!

Other stuff
The stylus works well with an app called 'Write' which I installed from Play store. Make sure you give it a go. In my box I received a bumper case and a flip cover. The flip cover looks real nice and adds a classy touch. Wifi and GPS work as expected. Call quality is clear. The only this to note is that Google services or apps won't update properly if you have a SD card installed.

Overall, this is a fantastic buy and great alternative to the Galaxy Note 2, for a 3rd of the price. I'm now looking for a Note 3 alternative too. Would recommend. Thanks

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent alternative, 8 Dec 2013
This is the third batch of the same brand (of x4 brush heads) I've used from various sellers. The quality and longevity of the different batches varies. For example, the first lasted me 4-6 months... Great! However the second batch I ordered lasted me just a week, as the internal mechanism kept breaking... and the third batch? So far so good. I've been using the first brush head for two weeks with no issues. Fits perfectly onto my Oral B toothbrush and the oscillating head is very sturdy. I just hope these last as long as the first batch.

You just have to be mindful that you get what you pay for and its a bit hit and miss with these. But overall I'm happy with these ones (so far). Thanks

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, 28 Nov 2013
I ordered this for my Galaxy S2 on 8/11 and it arrived 26/11 (ship to UK).

Overall I'm very please with the case. The back cover is a hard matt plastic material and easily clips onto the phone. Everything is accessible except for the volume buttons when the cover is closed.

The front cover is leather (effect?) with microfiber material on the inside, keeping the screen well protected.

Well made and sturdy for the price. Would definitely recommend. Thanks.

Samsung 16GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Extreme Speed Card
Samsung 16GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Extreme Speed Card
Offered by ezone-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 23 Nov 2013
Have been using this product with my Samsung Galaxy S2 for 3 months now and have had no problems so far.

Transfer rates are good. Stored and transferred large 2GB movie files with no problems.

Phone works as normal. Thanks

CHROME UNSLOTTED BASIN SINK TAP PUSH POP UP CLICKCLACK
CHROME UNSLOTTED BASIN SINK TAP PUSH POP UP CLICKCLACK
Offered by iBathUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 23 Nov 2013
Ordered Thursday, arrived Saturday. Fantastic. Good quality product and service.

Build quality is strong and sturdy with a good finish. Fitted perfectly into my countertop sink, and the large metal thread nut meant I could use this to secure down the sink. Perfect.

Dab a bit of silicon around the upper seal to prevent leaks. No problems at all.

Just bare in mind this is a 32mm (1 1/2 inch) diameter thread, so you'll a sink trap of the same size.

Autel MS300 MaxiScan (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Autel MS300 MaxiScan (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by YES MY GADGET

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 14 Nov 2013
Works on a Mercedes C Class W203 2002 and A Class 2003. Was able identify generic codes and clear them too. Will try it on other cars.

Cablesson MHL (MicroUSB) to HDMI (Female) Adapter - Black - for Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Evo 3D, HTC Evo 4G Tablet, HTC Sensation 4G, Sprint Epic 4G Touch, Galaxy Nexus (GT-I9250) ONLY
Offered by HDCentral

2.0 out of 5 stars Ensure you're running a stock ROM, 14 Nov 2013
I bought this for my Samsung i9100. This only works on a phone with a stock ROM. Since I was running a custom ROM it didn't work, however strangely it worked perfectly on a HTC One.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2014 5:00 PM BST

Toppik Fiberhold Spray 118ml
Toppik Fiberhold Spray 118ml
Offered by Essential Products On Line

2.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, 14 Nov 2013
The one I received had a faulty atomiser spray, just would not spray. So I purred it into a spare atomiser I had.

However, I found the liquid dries into a gel/glue and was clogging up my spare atomiser too.

As a fibrehold spray its okay.

But having used several of these products I've found that normal hairspray does exactly the same job for a fraction of the price. For example - I travelled abroad once and forgot to take the spray, so by chance I purchased Tresemme Extra hold hair spray 100ml for £1.80. It works a treat and will use this from now on.

Digital Additions® USB Host Cable For Sony Tablet S and Archos Internet Tablet 70 43 32 2 7
Offered by accmart

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 14 Nov 2013
Does what its supposed to do. Transfer rates are fine. Connects with my Samsung i9100p fine. Be warned this ships from China and took around 25 days. I was aware of this and for the price its worth the wait. Bought several.

Fuzzy Chocolate Bunny
Fuzzy Chocolate Bunny

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: Fuzzy Chocolate Bunny (Toy)
Bought for a niece and she loves it. Was worried that the fur would come off, but its actually well made.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3