Profile for Matthew Lee O'Sullivan > Reviews

Content by Matthew Lee O'...

Matthew Lee O'Sullivan

Page: 1 | 2
Head First Design Patterns
Head First Design Patterns
by Eric Freeman
Price: 29.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Patterns within patterns within patterns, 23 April 2013
Having used this book to implement the core brains of my new skynet system. I unknowingly unleashed the monster onto the internet where it currently resides in the outward form of kim jong un. I am frantically attempt to battle this digital tyrant with the help of a T-1000 and John Connar

Swedish Army Firesteel
Swedish Army Firesteel
Price: 11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I am Ray Meyers!, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Swedish Army Firesteel (Sports)
Whilst trekking through the Borneo rain forest whilst being pursued by pigme head hunters, I was glad to realise that I had my trusty firesteel with me, I rapidly set up a defensive perimeter, and harnessed two wild boar to act as steeds for my palm leaf chariot. After charging the pigme hoard with my valiant steeds, the head hunting king recognised me as an equal and challenged me to one on one mortal combat. By a slight of hand I used my firesteel to land a spark onto the kings beard, thus robbing him of his super powers and rightfully claiming myself as new king of the pigmes. 10 minutes and some squeals later, we were all sat round a hog roast congratulating each other on our antics and marvelling over the modern technological wonders of... the Swedish Army Firesteel!!!

Great tool

AG13 - 357 - LR44 button cell watch batteries for Watches, LED torches - 10 Pack
Offered by LOGICS TRADERS LIMITED
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars By the power of greyskull!, 23 April 2013
Inexpensive, and did the job. These little beauties will keep those little gadgets rocking and rolling for some time to come.

SanDisk SDSDB-016G-FFP 16 GB SDHC SecureDigital High Capacity Card - Frustration-Free Packaging (Label May Change)
Price: 8.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Data extension!, 23 April 2013
If you've got a HD camcorder you will need a plentiful supply of these if you are like me and only ever try to download the data 5 minutes before the next birthday party or alien sighting and realise that you need 5 hours to clear the previous video.

Great kit!

Panasonic SD90 Full HD 1920x1080p (50p) 3D Ready Camcorder - Black (SD Card Recording, x40 Intelligent Zoom, x26 Optical Zoom, 28mm Wide Angle Lens & iA + Face Recognition & New Hybrid OIS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 23 April 2013
I am now able to capture my kids every joyous moment in full HD and play it back on a T.V. or PC without actually ever watching them first hand and recording it in my own brain. I suppose this is a good thing as when I get to a ripe old age where I can't even remember who I am, or these people sitting round me who keep trying to prompt my memory and saying things like ahh, bless, let alone who these familiar looking children are on the T.V. At least I will be able to watch the kids on T.V. and smile as they have the time of their lives and say things like, "My daughter looks just like you you know", and "I remember when this was all just fields", or "Did I ever tell you the story about that old oak tree?"

Wow, that was depressing.

Seriously though, a great piece of kit, make sure you get lots of SD cards and you've got some sort of home server for storing all those videos.

The Financial Spread Betting Handbook: A Guide to Making Money Trading Spread Bets
by Malcolm Pryor

3.0 out of 5 stars Go online instead!, 23 April 2013
Yes it was a good read which took all of 30 minutes to complete, but all the information inside is available elsewhere for free. As I am now a multi- pachillionaire from spread betting, and own half of England, the minor inconvenience of parting with my cash to buy this book can be ignored whilst I go and sun myself on my mile long sail boat on which I have built a mansion and which I now call home.....

None of this really happened unfortunately, except for the bit about the book being ok and information being elsewhere for free.

United Kingdom 2012 Diamond Jubilee Commemorative Medal
United Kingdom 2012 Diamond Jubilee Commemorative Medal
Offered by Strictly Coins
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a coin!, 23 April 2013
The kids were given these by their school to commemorate the diamond jubilee and prince will and kate getting married. No matter how many times I said to the kids "don't play with it and put it away for when you're older", out it came and missing did that little coin become. So we got a replacement and a week later the little lost coin became lost no more. So we have an extra coin... Still you know what they say. "See a penny pick it up, and all day long you'll have a penny." Or something like that anyway.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2014 8:19 PM GMT

SLx 27985K 64 Element Digital TV Aerial Kit
SLx 27985K 64 Element Digital TV Aerial Kit
Offered by Sivitec_Direct
Price: 39.89

5.0 out of 5 stars No aerial = no tv, Yes aerial = yes tv!, 23 April 2013
OK, so I bought this to stick on my roof so that we could watch T.V. in our new house. Amazingly I discovered that I could get a signal by poking it out of the window and strategically balancing it on some books and pieces of fluff. Being a man the problem was then deemed to be solved and the aerial has been there ever since. Now I admire her as a thing of beauty and amazing poise, wondering if ever the pieces of fluff get blown away will I ever be able to balance her ever again.

Economics
Economics
by Richard Lipsey

5.0 out of 5 stars A little economics for some light reading?, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Economics (Paperback)
Seriously, who buys an economics book for some light reading? Well me actually. I know, my brain isn't quite wired correctly but there you go. Anyway, I bought this in an attempt to understand what those untrustworthy, money grabbing, economy derailing, second house expense claiming, nonsense speaking politicians are actually talking about. It turns out they've mainly been reading this book. If you wanted to understand what fiscal policy is, why do interest rates matter, how does the micro and macro economy work? Then this book is for you. Not only does it make you look smart at dinner parties (does anyone have dinner parties anymore?) but it helps you understand a little bit of what they're jabbering on about on the news.

All in all, if you've reached that stage in life where you want to learn something new and you're unsure of what to invest your time in, give this a go.

Laptop Charger AC Adapter HP 2133 Mini Note 2140 2533t + LEAD POWER CORD CABLE
Laptop Charger AC Adapter HP 2133 Mini Note 2140 2533t + LEAD POWER CORD CABLE
Offered by ukoutlet
Price: 5.48

5.0 out of 5 stars It's alive, alive I tell you!, 23 April 2013
After my original charger decided to visit that electronic retirement home in the sky, I bought this in the hope that I wasn't wasting my time, effort and money by buying a cheap, dodgy replica. It turns out, she's a beaut! My laptop is now working again. Hoorah! You can tell I'm not lying because I'm writing this on that same laptop, see I told you it's now working.

Page: 1 | 2