Profile for AL > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
IKEA BREIM - Wardrobe, white - 80x55x180 cm
IKEA BREIM - Wardrobe, white - 80x55x180 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to assemble and sturdy, 2 May 2014
This item was very sturdy compared to a few I tried at a catalogue shop. The item didnt take long to put up managed on my own, just get poles in right place and the your good to go.
Assemble with Alan Key which is provided, holds really well and cover fits well and its easier to have zip front rather than a role up cover.
I would recomend especially for long term use, it will last.

LeapFrog LeapPad Explorer Case (Green)
LeapFrog LeapPad Explorer Case (Green)
Price: 14.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect cover to protect Leappad, 27 Feb 2014
Happy with this product was only purchased to protect the leappad when not in use to avoid getting damaged. the leappad fits in fine and the games go inside in little individual slots.
The only small thing is would of preferred the cover to be a little bit more stronger as is quite soft but at the end of the day do 3/4yrs olds worry about that no!!

I has been dropped once within the cover and machine was fine, it certainly protects also when taking the game out for days/holiday travels.

I would for sure recommend this product, does its job and great price. Item arrived within timeframe so would use this seller again.

Asics GT-1000 Womens Ladies Structured Running Training Shoes T2L6N 0138
Asics GT-1000 Womens Ladies Structured Running Training Shoes T2L6N 0138

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for overpronators, 11 Jan 2014
I am pleased with this product, I do tend to overpronate so this trainers offers support and stability and they are comfortable.

I do go to the gym regularly so I do like a good pair but reasonable trainer and these Asics do not disappoint. I use for gym work, running short/long runs also doing HITT on the treadmill/cross trainer. These trainers are very stable and also light weight and I am heavy footed and I do have slightly wider foot and these trainers were good fit not tight.

I would recommend these to others good trainer and good value for money.

Vicky Pattison's 7 Day Slim [DVD]
Vicky Pattison's 7 Day Slim [DVD]
Dvd ~ Vicky Pattison
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD if pushed for time....., 27 Dec 2013
I brought this DVD to mix things up fancied a change but wasnt sure at first as it didnt give to much away on the cover however VIckys will not disappoint.

What i liked was that there are 6 workouts all 10mins long so you can easily fit into your day and if you have longer can do 2/3 etc or the whole dvd.

Some of the moves used are similar to Josie Gibsons 30 sec slim, which isnt a bad thing as you certainly target areas you forget to work.

So 6 workouts 10mins long you have warm up and cool down either side of the work out but the main work out I think averages to 7mins which is interval training 15sec all out and then active rest. I have so far gone through Workout 1-3 and the moves include:
Workout 1= lunges, gorillas (plank position then bring left foot on outside of left hand then do other side), squat jumps, hip lifts, walk in /out of plank, climbers, sprints, tri cep dips, plank.

Workout 2= gorillas, sprints, lunges, ice skaters, walk in/out of plank, side squats,shuffle lunges, tri cep dips, plank, side shuffles, hip lift with a twist (raising a leg).

Workout 3 = punching, blast off (rocking back and forth hand/feet on floor), punch whilst in lunge position, hip walk (hip lift but moving feet in and out), squat punches, sea turtles (on belly static jumping jack),
squat thrust (single/single/double), dead lifts, speed crunches (elbow to knee).

What is good is when Robbie is talking you through the workout he is clear no faffing about and Vicky doesnt do much talking. (as it grates on me when celebs have full blown conversations/cheesy jokes - we are there to work not listen to random rubbish and when playing the dvd a few times it is boring) so there is none of that on this one.
You get the option of doing an easy option with trainer robbie and vicky does the harder option. I like that there wasnt any hanging around in between each move it flowed, just whilst learning the routine and format you do move quite quick in and out of each exercise as one min up doing sprints and within 15seconds down doing dips but when I got into it you do tend to keep up.

I like doing a dvd as I tend to stick to the same old thing at the gym and sometimes it is good to give your body a shock by doing a work out it does not expect. I certainly felt the burn doing the gorillas, lunges, walking in/out plank & squat thrusts.

I would recommend at the end of the day Technique is key and if your doing it right you will be working out, it is what you put into it. I didnt find this dvd cheese and overall im happy it is nice to do a different dvd for a change and vicky is not annoying. Most celebs are now doing interval dvd so moves will be similar. What I liked though as have lower back issue as the intervals only 15/20sec before the active rest I was able to keep up where if it is 30/40sec I find my back hurts and I have to stop little sooner.

Theres no long slog cheesy routines these are short sharpe and snappy and the next morning I certainly could feel the areas targeted, the more i do it I no this will ease.... as they say no pain no gain.
You wont need a lot of room to do this dvd which again is another bonus.

I would recommend this one to friends I am a fitness bunny and if like me you have if you done davina, josie or jillian michaels you will like this one.

This does work but it goes hand in hand with good diet as well..........

GOOD LUCK..................
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2014 8:13 PM GMT

Cars 2 Cliffside Challenge Porta Corsa Track Set
Cars 2 Cliffside Challenge Porta Corsa Track Set
Offered by B420 Retail
Price: 34.95

3.0 out of 5 stars little flimsey, 26 Dec 2013
This item was purchased for a 3yr old boy and the track is great and when cars go down is good fun to keep them entertained. however I think it is over priced for what it is only that the track is not very strong quite flimsey so come apart quite easy when playing and this little 3yr can be heavy handed.

my boy loved the toy he has fun and kept entertained and a 3yr old isnt going to think about how well it is made after all eh... but if it was slightly stronger it would be better that is all.

Would recommend but just bear in mind the quality or lack of.

Now That's What I Call Music! Christmas [2013]
Now That's What I Call Music! Christmas [2013]
Price: 12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars "It's Christmas. Or as Slade would put it: ITTTTT'S CHRIIIIIIISSSSSTMAAAAAAS!", 24 Dec 2013
I was looking for a Xmas CD to play in car or at home but i wanted one with all the main ones on. This has 3 CD's and got everything on it. Good mix with all your fav's and something for everyone.

Best price was on amazon and my order came within 3days was quick and so I would sure recommend this seller.

You cant go wrong with this one, it will get you in the spirit.. and as I done 80% of my xmas shop online I wasnt bored of xmas music so having my cd to play was fab. If it wasnt for the fact I like to play cd in car then I would of downloaded it from amazon.

you wont be disappointed and i would recommend this CD.

Josie Gibson's 30-Second Slim [DVD]
Josie Gibson's 30-Second Slim [DVD]
Dvd ~ Josie Gibson
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Interval Training DVD, 24 Dec 2013
I am a gym bunny but I as I tend to do the same routine without mixing things up every 6/8wks I do like to use a DVD to hit other areas. I am a fan of Jillian Michaels and Billy Blanks so ordering Josies I was not sure thinking just another celeb DVD.. well I was wrong this is a great DVD. It kind of reminded me of when I used to do circuit classes... there are 3 levels and moves of the main workout include:- Squat jumps, squat thrusts, walking in and out of plank position, punching, wall climb, lunges and jump lunges, split jumps and good old burpees.... you can use weights to make it more intense.
The trainer was good and josie doesnt talk much through it.
I do suffer with my lower back (slight nerve damage) so some of the burpees and squat thrusts I did struggle with a little but it does get easier.
I find even level 1 interval is good and you still get good work out.. it is of course up to you how hard you push yourself but at the end of the day each level is 20 mins 4min warm up/cool down and 20 min hiit so what the hec just go all out and it goes quite quickly and if you do the moves right and dont cheat then you will feel the burn.
I would recommend this dvd it is good to hit the areas you loose track of and boy after doing this the first couple of days i did feel which parts of my body I hadnt moved.
I dont use dvd every day i tend to go gym 3/4 times a week but it is good sometime to shack things up and hense having a stack of dvds to play with. If I go gym I would never do burpees or squat jumps/thrusts unless in a class so doing them in comfort of own home is fab.
Just stick with it HIIT does work and working out 20mins flat out is better than sloggin away in gym on hour on treadmill, to get full benefit I would recommend looking at your diet 80/20 rule I do love my haribo but cutting back on sugar will help excess fat being stored so you will end up burning it off as after HIIT you continue to burn fat.
You dont need a lot of space for this workout and good to have small hand weights to use or cans of beans....
So treat yourself to this dvd I am a happy customer......
DVD delivered quickly and within times so also recomend seller.

oh Good Luck..... :0)

Liquorice and Fruit Winegums-(Dutch Duo's) - 100 grams bag
Liquorice and Fruit Winegums-(Dutch Duo's) - 100 grams bag
Offered by Liquorice with a Twist LTD
Price: 2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars fruit and licorice gums, 18 Dec 2013
these are fab sweets if you like wine gums and licorice you will love these great mix one half fruit and the other licorice and i find these morrish. I can eat 100g in one sitting they are so nice. they are size of winegums come in oblong or round shape mainly i had orange, lemon and strawberry fruit flavours. they are tasty and good value for money these are a favourite dutch licorice and the fruit and licorice flavour go well even a couple of my friends like them who are not licorice lovers.
the price can vary in sweet shops who sell traditional sweets you can pay averge 1.50 - 2.20 per 100g and the price on amazon can vary up/down so keep your i on it.
I love these for a treat as i prefer gums to chocolate so would rather pay that little bit more for these as they are a dutch licorice so would pay bit more in england.
im a happy customer and will buy these again , shame dont offer to sell them in a box of 500/750g.

Salt Liquorice Coins-Dutch Munten Drop-100 grams bag
Salt Liquorice Coins-Dutch Munten Drop-100 grams bag
Offered by Liquorice with a Twist LTD
Price: 2.45

5.0 out of 5 stars salty licorice coins, 18 Dec 2013
these coins are nice I do like a bit of salty licorice but you do need to be a fan of licorice. I like these as they are hard coins but not as hard as a toffee, they are a salty flavour licorice which is nice for a change and the last in mouth longer than softer licorice and I didnt need to many as not sweet you dont crave one after other. however they didnt last 2days the 100g i got as i kept munching on them through the day.
I guess I would say they are about size of 50pence piece and they are nice good old fashion dutch licorice. I love them and will certainly but more and I didnt think they were over priced as can pay between 1.80-2.20 per 100g in some shops and free shipping was good.
i would recomended like a previous review to store in airtight container as this does keep licorice fresher without going dry/stale.

Bassetti The Original Hard Liquorice Sticks (box of 75)
Bassetti The Original Hard Liquorice Sticks (box of 75)
Offered by Tangerine Confectionery
Price: 11.70

5.0 out of 5 stars good old fashion licorice, 18 Dec 2013
I am a fan of licorice and these hard licorice sticks takes me back to early childhood. I love these as they are long licorice sticks and they are not to sweet and not salty. I think good value for money when buy the box compared to some retailers who charge quite high for one stick in some shops who sell pick n mix. I have managed to see cheaper only by about 1 in wholesales so to be fair amazon have a good deal here.
they are true to size the sticks and hard candy not soft licorice but this I love as it lasts longer I do sometimes chop in half and I feel satisifed after 1 or 2 as not mega sweet you dont feel the need to eat one after the other..

good buy and if your a licorice lover or know of someone who is then treat yourself to this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3