Profile for ten24 > Reviews

Romancing the Duke: Castles Ever After
Romancing the Duke: Castles Ever After
Price: 3.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the usual you expect from Tessa!, 19 Feb 2014
Huge fan of TESSA DARE but was expecting so much more from this novel which it didn't deliver!!!
It was a good story but for some reason it did not have Tessa's usual sensual, sensitive, passionate story telling style?

I'm not sure if I am just jaded from reading one too may historical romance novels or that I'm expecting ground breaking romance from every read but surely it can't be too much to expect one of your favourite authors to deliver what she is known for!!!
I find myself looking for new authors out there that I have not discovered yet in the hope that maybe I find that elusive novel that is a KEEPER!

Round up, it is a good read but I have read ALL of Tessa's books so I know this is not her best but still a great read. I cross my fingers for the next one!

NOTE TO AUTHOR: Please Tessa bring a novel back like, THREE NIGHTS WITH A SCOUNDREL love love love that book!
I have read it more times than I can remember, I think I shall read it again now just to remember how good you really are! Thank you.

Skinetica - The new name for Acnigon 80ml
Skinetica - The new name for Acnigon 80ml
Offered by Hair At Last
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for all ages!, 1 Feb 2014
Ordered Skinetica for my teenage daughter who wanted me to get her oral medication from the doctor for her acne. I thought that would cause more side effects then needed so I decided to do a search for some topical solution that actually works just as well. After searching Google found Skinetica which took me to amazon and after reading all the positive reviews thought to give a go and made my purchase!
My daughter used it as did I for my hormonal breakouts and have to say it was great! It brightened the skin, spot weren't as angry and are starting to disappear and helped with blackheads.
There was no stinging sensation, really gentle and I really didn't expect that as I personally have very very sensitive skin. All in all a great product that I will continue to purchase long term for both of us!!!

Bio Vitamin D3 Capsules 25mcg Pack of 80
Bio Vitamin D3 Capsules 25mcg Pack of 80
Offered by Nutrition Centre
Price: 6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The best D3 by far!!!, 29 Jan 2014
Tried lots of D3 supplements as I found most of them gave me an upset stomach but not these, which was fantastic!!!!
Great size capsule easy to swallow and love the blister pack style hygienic and fits through post box. Great price will be back for more!!!

Pharma Nord 100 mcg Bio-chromium - Pack of 60 Tablets
Pharma Nord 100 mcg Bio-chromium - Pack of 60 Tablets
Price: 9.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for PCOS!, 29 Jan 2014
I have PCOS so I was looking for a supplement that would help with my irrational hormones!
Heard that chromium was good for Insulin regulation, glucose balance,weight regulating and metabolism. All the key factors associated with PCOS and very hard to control as I have in the past followed a strict diet and exercise but found myself still battling to regain control of my body!
My main problems were excess weight around the middle, constantly bloated, lethargy, and super water retention! I purchased PHARMA NORD BIO- CHROMIUM and decided to give it a go and see if it made a difference to my symptoms?
Well, IT WORKED! The bloating has reduced considerably. I seem to have more energy as I feel it helps with digestion turning food into fuel rather than just sitting there! I am running to the toilet more often as the water weight is being shed and I don't hold onto the water as I used to which is FANTASTIC!!! Sugar cravings have also ceased (having a sweet tooth didn't help!)
I am assuming over time this supplement will help with my overall weight as I feel calories are NOW being burned hence the lift in energy. Been taking them for a couple of weeks and made such a difference to my lifestyle and I don't say that lightly as I have tried lots different supplements but nothing with these results and I only take half a tablet in the morning after breakfast and gives me great drive start to the day!

This worked for me after three years of searching and testing different products it may not be for everyone but for me it was a life saver so thank you to all the articles I read about chromium as I had no idea there was a supplement for this kind of problem and thought I would have to grin and bare it, not any more though!!!!!

Crystal Cove: Number 4 in series (Friday Harbor)
Crystal Cove: Number 4 in series (Friday Harbor)
Price: 5.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Where did it all go wrong!!!!, 23 Jan 2014
Lisa Kleypas one of my most favourite authors. I have all her books but this one I just did not understand!
I have read the previous 3 Friday Harbor series which were great. Crystal cove had such good premise but it never happened, WHY LISA????? It felt rushed and the love story was dominated by witchcraft and can two people really have that much wrong with them in the supernatural sense! A witch who had so much power and didn't use it, why not? I really thought that Justine and Jason would have worked together to find the solution together knowing how strong here powers were and the conclusion was so short I needed just a little more of their happy ever after to satisfy the long journey it took to get there!!!!!
Just disappointing knowing Lisa usually writes so fantastically well!

Then Came You (Gamblers)
Then Came You (Gamblers)
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Lisa, you never disappoint!!!, 3 Jan 2014
I started reading this book thinking maybe this one won't be for me but I shall read it anyway! How wrong was I.
Oh Lisa where to begin, firstly a huge Lisa Kleypas fan, I have all her novels some are more favourite than other but ALL Lisa's books are fantastic!!!
At the start of this book I wondered how the H&H were ever going hit it off since they disliked each other so much? Well it happened in the true sense of all Lisa's books where she takes you on a journey through each character without it being laborious to read she has just the right balance of information needed to tell the story and keep you interested without going off course!
If you like a brooding Hero and a Fiery Heroine and an explosion of Major heat, read this you wont be disappointed!

No Good Duke Goes Unpunished (Rules of Scoundrels)
No Good Duke Goes Unpunished (Rules of Scoundrels)
by Sarah MacLean
Price: 6.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Something lacking!!!!!, 27 Dec 2013
I will start with I am a big fan of Sarah Maclean's novels and have all her books,read everyone but this series of books has something lacking!
I read the first one 'A rouge by any other name' and found that slow and wanting then read the second 'One good earl deserves a lover' hoping for better and I put that book down 4 times as I found it really hard to commit as it was unconvincing skipped most of the pages and I have never done that before!!!
Moving onto 'No good duke goes unpunished' was hoping for so much more and still nothing, found each scene repeating the last scenes words again and again! I came to the conclusion that there is no real detail of place or character and I mean in the sense of setting a scene or picture in your head it can feel rather 2D where you yourself are writing in the details and as an avid book reader all my life that is the one thing that never needs to happen when reading a good book!
I really don't want to give this book a negative review but I somehow feel cheated! It feels rushed, onto the next one which does happen when there is a series. I wish authors would take their time writing and produce great fiction rather then forgettable novels. I will purchase the final one in the series as I personally need a conclusion with all the time and money invested but as for any future novels from this author I am still on the fence about that?
I will let you be judge and read for yourself maybe I wanted something more surround then tunnel vision!
If you want everything of a novel read Lisa Kleypas no one does it better it almost feels like you've watched a visual of the story, SUPERB!!!

P.S.
The best novel from this author Sarah Maclean has got to be 'ELEVEN SCANDALS TO START TO WIN A DUKES HEART' loved it so much read it more times than I can count and will read again and again! You fall in love with both characters and beautifully written, please Sarah more like that!!!!!!!!

Billy's Farm Organic Spelt Cookies Apple and Cranberry 175 g (Pack of 4)
Billy's Farm Organic Spelt Cookies Apple and Cranberry 175 g (Pack of 4)
Price: 9.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Soooo yummy!, 16 July 2013
I am on a low GI diet due to PCOS so bought these to replace my usual sugar fix. A healthy alternative. They taste absolutely scrummy and are good for you as they are made from spelt flour with all natural sugars from apple puree, rice malt syrup and cranberries so no nasties and it's organic! You can't go wrong! . Will be back for more, so tasty!!!!!!!!

Riemann P20 Once a Day 10 Hours Protection SPF 20 Medium 100ml
Riemann P20 Once a Day 10 Hours Protection SPF 20 Medium 100ml
Offered by RB Health
Price: 8.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Rash, what rash!!!!, 7 May 2013
Last summer I had itching, burning and redness on the back of my hands and forearms! It always seemed worse when I went out especially when gardening or driving. I thought I may be allergic to plants or some type of heat rash! It got so bad tried every type of cream to help stop the itching but to no avail. Come winter my hand and arms went back to normal so I thought okay must be a summer thing. I happened to visit the doctor this winter (the same one who said it must be an allergy of some sort) just discussing that the rash has disappeared and then said 'Oh yes, it is because of your auto immune disease Sjogrens, You will always be allergic to sunlight!' Now why I wasn't told this sooner I don't know so this year I was taking no chances!(apart from two weeks where I forgot until my sun induced rash turned up with a vengeance) After searching online for the best one a day sun protection I found P20 once a day spf 20 tried it and after one application went out in the sun did the gardening and driving and no itching redness. Could not believe it so if there is anyone who may suffer from a similar problem give it a go you wont regret it. A great product with such simple efficiency!!!!!!!

Three Nights with a Scoundrel
Three Nights with a Scoundrel
by Tessa Dare
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars wow!, 7 Aug 2012
I can't understand why this book has been given such mediocre reviews so I write this review to give this book the deserved credit it is due!!!
Firstly I have read every single book of Tessa Dare's right from the start with her very first novel and have since, been hooked! There have been a couple of books in her inventory that have not ticked all the box's for me but still good reads. Now this novel has to be my all time favorite of this authors to date! This story is more emotionally sensitive in regards to the hero and heroine. I think the hero has been misunderstood! The main reason he is the way he is because he thinks he is not worthy of the heroine so he leads a mental battle of what his heart wants and what is the right thing to do as he feels he can never give the heroine a fraction of her true worth! There are some real tender and such loving moments in this book I always find myself crying no matter how many times I read this(I have read it more times than I can remember)always left with a lump in my throat!!! It is not the usual chase of a regency novel as both characters have loved each other for years and for they own reasons can't seem to own to it until much later. If you want to read a book charged with sensitivity,love,emotion and acceptance then this book is for you you won't be disappointed. I have this in book in paperback and kindle format as I LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!

Page: 1 | 2