Profile for Silks n Sugar > Reviews

Content by Silks n Sugar

Silks n Sugar (Devon, England)

Plain Plastic Scraper Flexible blade. 4.5 x 3"
Plain Plastic Scraper Flexible blade. 4.5 x 3"
Offered by RightPrice Catering Equipment
Price: Click here to see our price

2.0 out of 5 stars I'll try a silicon one next time, 18 Aug. 2012
This was a suggestion on the page when I bought Dough, the technique used in the book uses a scraper so I bought this one. Although this is servicable I noticed it showed wear/scuff marks on its edges on its third use, as it's also used as a cutting tool for the dough I'd prefer one that keeps a clean edge.
I found it was not particularly comfortable to use but I will still use it for some jobs. However if you are in a hurry for a scraper, this was delivered very quickly.
I have since seen a silicon scraper and think I will be buying that fairly soon.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2012 7:51 PM BST

Pastry
Pastry
by Richard Bertinet

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought a 2nd for a gift, 18 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Pastry (Hardcover)
I was so pleased with this book that I immediately ordered another as a gift for a family member who has quite recently started out on her journey with home cooking. This will be a good book to be able to refer to and also to stretch her abilities.
At the same time I bought this book about bread Dough, the techniques shown are very clear and a little different to many others, this book comes with a useful DVD showing the techniques for bread dough mixing, folding etc.

York T500i Compact Motorised Treadmill (Factory Reconditioned)
York T500i Compact Motorised Treadmill (Factory Reconditioned)

4.0 out of 5 stars York T500i (factory refurbished), 28 April 2009
I passed over this item many times as it's a factory reconditioned item but ultimately settled on it due to it's motorised incline. It is a lower powered motor than I wanted and hope this isnt it's weak point but I searched for a motorised incline that was close to £300 and this seemed to be it. I have not used it for running yet but it's fine for the walking that I want to do. Only the box showed any sign of being used before. The delivery was excellant, PureFitness gave me details of the Dawlish company they used for my area, they delivered on the day I phoned and asked for, the driver was very helpful and brought in indoors too. I've had this a few weeks now and there have been no problems.It certainly seems to be good value for the money.