Profile for it must be me > Reviews

Content by it must be me

it must be me (UK)

Lee Evans - Monsters Live [DVD] [2014]
Lee Evans - Monsters Live [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Lee Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars Been a fan of Lee Evans since the 90's but ..., 12 Sept. 2014
Been a fan of Lee Evans since the 90's but only saw him live for the first time at the Sheffield Arena on 11 Sept. Made us laugh for over 2 hours then touch our hearts with showpiece song at the end. Not only that but a surprise encore of a classic routine (I won't spoil it). However, what's with audiences these days? Getting up and leaving before the show ends, even as he begins his song! Arrogant and extremely rude! A comedian who pus heart and soul into his shows and has the time and energy to thank everyone several times and the lucky ones at the front who get to shake his hand and pose for selfies - long may he reign - long may he tour - I certainly won't miss another live performance again.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2014 6:22 PM GMT

Timex Expedition Rugged Metal Analog, Full Size, Black Dial, Black Resin Strap - T49882

5.0 out of 5 stars everyday wear - rugged and smart, 15 Nov. 2013
I already own a Timex Expedition watch which I wear for weekends and smart and is a bit more substantial. However, my work environment varies and I didn't want to risk ruining my other watch so I bought another Timex, a simple and clear clock readout with a date window is all I wanted. Nice carbon/black metal case, the outer dial doesn't move so it there for decoration only, well aren't they always - I mean how often do you use it unless you're a diver and even then you'd buy something more suited.
Would recommend as an everyday wear watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Bond Theme, 11 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Skyfall (Audio CD)
This certainly delivered. As a song it stands on it's own merit. As a title sequence it goes beyond and is very moving I think.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting souundtrack, 11 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Skyfall (Audio CD)
Well I'm a Bond fan and particularly liked Skyfall having watched it twice at the cinema. I did find it hard to place the music to the scene, but having now watched it again on DVD/BluRay I notice where the music parts fit in now.

Philips HS85 Replacement Shaving Heads
Philips HS85 Replacement Shaving Heads

5.0 out of 5 stars New life into a shaver, 11 Mar. 2013
I dropped my shaver and damaged the original shaving heads. This new set s far better and gives a smoother finish. Just got to be sure not to drop it again. I also won't be using the shaving balm feature of my shave so it won't clog up the heads this time around. Bit of a gimmick I think anyway,

Perixx PERIBOARD-710PLUS, Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad - Super Mini 230x160x20 mm Dimension - 2.4G - Nano Receiver - Up to 10 Meter Operating Range - On/Off Switch - 2xAAA Brand Batteries Included - Silent X Type Scissor Keys - US English Layout

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and perfectly formed, 11 Mar. 2013
This is a great keyboard for using with a HTPC system. If the keyboard doesn't appear to respond on bootup (in Windows 7 at least) just pressing NUM LOCK on and off again seems to get it to function. Not sure where I read this but it seems to wake it up. USB dongle is small, so don't lose it!

Jaws (Anniversary Edition) [1976] [DVD]
Jaws (Anniversary Edition) [1976] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Roy Scheider
Offered by Jasuli

5.0 out of 5 stars Just when you thought it was safe, 11 Mar. 2013
We bought this for our sons, to show them what scary movies used to be like for us as kids. I'm sure we watched this under the age of ten back in the day - yet it has a 12 certificate - not sure if this was the original certification. To err on the side of caution we'll let our elder son watch it during the daytime and see what he thinks. However, whenever it is on the TV, you just have to watch it don't you? If nothing else it reminds you of being a kid and being scared to let your feet dangle out of your bed at night (maybe it was just me then?)

James Bond (Skyfall) - Teaser - Maxi Poster - 61cm x 91.5cm
James Bond (Skyfall) - Teaser - Maxi Poster - 61cm x 91.5cm
Offered by Poster Revolution UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Skyfall poster, on the wall? DONE!, 11 Mar. 2013
See what I did there? :-)
Well I thought the movie was great and I can enjoy it over and over again having bought it on DVD/Blu Ray/Digital. Luckily I have a "man cave" to put up this poster and it was worth the wait (it came from the US), good print, quality paper and a good poster size for the door it is now pinned to. The image is a cool moody one as you can see - classic Bond.

Skyfall (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
Skyfall (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone's a critic...., 4 Dec. 2012
For what it's worth - I've seen the film, twice at the cinema.

My advice - don't base your purchase of this DVD/BluRay on the "reviews", good or bad contained herein.

Films, like so many other things in life are down to personal taste. Only YOU can decide if you'll like it or not by actually seeing it for yourself. If you don't want to take the risk, simply rent it (or wait a few years when it'll be on telly). If you buy it and don't like it, sell it on. Just don't read reviews of someone's personal opinion or that of "film buffs" who have to discect every last scene or element of the film. It is afterall only a film. It's NOT real (sorry - spoiler there!) and on the subject of spoilers - if you must read reviews, do so at your peril, because people are giving too much plot away here which is unfair.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2013 6:08 PM GMT

The Life of Lee
The Life of Lee
by Lee Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars we should perhaps think ourselves lucky, 8 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Life of Lee (Hardcover)
You can't help but feel admiration for Lee Evans. Seriously, what a really hard life he had lead growing up. Heart wrenching really (Tragedy strikes). Some of the completely insane things he did or situations he found himself in, you really couldn't believe someone would fall for, (especially The Governor chapter) but his determination to keep smiling and get back up and dust himself down is truly remarkable. It is really an inspiration.
I think there are parts missing though, possibly edited out - i.e a photo in the images section dates his marriage to Heather in 1984 but it is not covered in the text. Surely he almost goofed that up somehow....;-)
Having read this book now, go back and search out some of his TV appearances, like "So what now" or "The Martins". You can see some aspects of his life reflected in these shows.
You get the idea though that he is a genuinely nice and good guy and like others have said, truly appreciates people coming out to his shows, which I have yet to do, but will be first to buy a ticket should he tour in a couple of years time, by which time maybe we will get part two of his rise to the "big top". Monkey boy!