Profile for A. Trytsman > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Delonghi EN520.BL Nespresso Lattissima Plus Coffee Maker, Blue
Delonghi EN520.BL Nespresso Lattissima Plus Coffee Maker, Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Cappuccino Maker, 2 Jun. 2012
This is a fantastic machine. It is quiet and idiot proof. I love milk based coffee drinks. This machine makes espresso, lungo, cappuccino and latte machiato at the touch of a button. Cleaning is also a doddle. The only negative point is that the drinks aren't quite hot enough for my liking. However, this can be remedied by pre-heating cups with boiling water or nuking the beverage for 20 seconds afterwards. The quality of the coffee is fantastic and extremely addictive. There is also a great variety of capsules available. I have to restrict myself or I'll be chugging cappuccinos down all day long!

NESCAFE Dolce Gusto Piccolo Manual Coffee Machine by Krups - Black
NESCAFE Dolce Gusto Piccolo Manual Coffee Machine by Krups - Black
Offered by PoolProp E-tailing UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Efficient little machine, 31 May 2012
Received my machine this morning. Fast delivery from Amazon and a great price! Mainly bought it for the hot chocolate as hubby doesn't drink coffee. So far, the pros:

It makes really hot drinks (scalded my tongue)
It is compact
It dispenses quickly and heats up quickly too
It comes with four sample drinks

The cons:
The milk tastes weird
Water tank holds enough for two small or one large drink

I have only had a choccacino and a cappuccino so far. The chocolate was ok but the cappuccino tasted like those in the sachets that you add hot water to. It left a greasy layer in my mouth for ages afterwards. Having said that, I also have a Nespresso Latissima so I guess I'm spoilt by authentic tasting cappucino.

Gordon Ramsay Chef's Secrets
Gordon Ramsay Chef's Secrets
by Gordon Ramsay

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious food, 12 May 2011
I'm not a huge fan of Gordon on TV as his potty mouth doesn't impress me. However, there is no doubt that the man can cook. This is my first serious cookbook and I must admit, some of the recipes are a little time consuming. I made the pork belly which took all afternoon and a part of the evening (making chicken stock from scratch) but boy was it worth it. The flavours were amazing. I also tried the tagliatelle of wild mushrooms which was tasty without being overly rich. When I win the lotto I intend to attempt the lobster salad. This is not simple cooking so if you're a Jamie Oliver fan, this may not be for you. I would highly recommend this book for dinner parties. The ingredients are not too exotic but some can be costly. The photography is fantastic and the only reason I've given this book 4 stars and not 5 is that I would have preferred more photos of the beautiful food and less of Gordon (no offence).

Prosimmon Icon Junior Graphite Golf Club Set - 4-7 Right Hand
Prosimmon Icon Junior Graphite Golf Club Set - 4-7 Right Hand

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 13 May 2010
I bought this golf set for my toddler who loves to do everything that Daddy does. It's a perfect miniature set and even comes complete with rain cover. He loves it. The quality is good.

Cupcakes From the Primrose Bakery
Cupcakes From the Primrose Bakery
by Martha Swift

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 20 Jan. 2010
I purchased this book after reading all the positive reviews. I must say that I'm disappointed. The vanilla cupcake recipe is fiddly to make and the cupcakes came out rather stodgy even though I followed the recipe to the letter. The icing is also far too sweet.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 14, 2011 5:40 PM BST

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child: A step-by-step programme for a good night's sleep
by Dr Marc Weissbluth

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a lifesaver, 10 July 2009
If you're sleep depreived and at the end of your tether, then this book is for you. We tried all the other soft approaches with no improvement. I gave up on controlled crying after two weeks of crying for up to an hour at each waking and decided to sit with my son at bedtime and every time he woke up until he fell asleep again. This started at 9 months and continued until 20 months. At first it wasn't too bad as he would take 10-30 minutes to fall asleep again. When he turned 19 months old it started taking anything up to 3 hours to get him back to sleep again. We were both tired and cranky during the day and I have another baby due soon so I knew I needed drastic action. I decided to try the suggested approach of letting him cry himself to sleep. The first night was awful. He cried on and off for 2 hours and 40 minutes and I almost gave in. So glad I didn't. He then slept through. The next night he cried for an hour and slept through. Five minutes of crying on the third night and after that he no longer cried when put down to sleep. He now sleeps through for 10-11 hours at night and has a 2 hour nap during the day. He is well rested, loving and happy and so am I! What I like about this book is that it is written by an experienced paediatrician, not by a Mum who thinks she's a sleep expert. There are numerous case studies and a special section on colicky babies.

Page: 1 | 2