Profile for Anters > Reviews

Content by Anters

Anters

Page: 1 | 2
Mcoplus - Coman MT10 Universal Lockable 3-Legged Supporting Stand for Benro Monopod ST1
Offered by HLP.TRADING

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fabulous - very functional, well made, inexpensive. Highly recommend., 5 Nov. 2015
I can't recommend this product highly enough. It's absolutely fantastic and here's why:

I can use it free standing with a full-frame Sony A7R with a full-frame 360mm f/5.6 ALL METAL prime lens (a Nikon AIS 180mm f/2.8 lens and Nikon TC-200 2x Teleconverter) with hood extended!! It's steady enough for me to take 10 SECOND freestanding shots indoors with the monopod fully extended at 1.51m. The camera, lens, and TC weighs in at 1.8kg and the lens extends out 23cm from the tripod attachment point. I'm not sure why a previous reviewer needed it to work with bigger lenses, this is already big enough. I'm attaching a 50% crop of the 10 sec test shot that I made with the above setup.

There's a trick to using long lenses with monopod stands like this. You need to position one leg of the stand directly underneath the lens to counteract the center of gravity of a heavy lens from toppling the monopod over. I wouldn't trust it outdoors, but indoors it works a treat.

The stand is very well made. Nearly all metal construction, except in the rubber soles, rubber point at the bottom (for when the legs are folded up) and a rubber strip on the top of each leg. I'm expecting it to last for years if well looked after e.g. thorough drying after getting it wet.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Andoer 8 Lens Handsfree Headband Head Strap Magnifier Watch Repair Jeweler Loupe with LED Light
Offered by Feeego

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well - highly recommended given the low price., 5 Nov. 2015
This is a cheap product, but it's well made and functions perfectly. I use it all the time for cleaning my camera sensors and tuning my fountain pen nibs. In these situations having the ability to work with both hands is essential and having binocular vision up to 6.0x mag is really helpful. Beyond 6.0x it uses monocular lenses, which work well. Having an angle-adjustable LED light makes all the difference.

My only real complaint is that when using the binocular lenses, I have to wear the head clamp uncomfortably low...over my eyebrows. It would have been much better had the lens attachment points been longer so that it could be worn more comfortably over the middle of my forehead. That said, it's not stopped me from carrying out all the jobs I've needed to do.

Would I pay more for a headset that sits more comfortably? No, I don't use it often enough, but if I were using it everyday, then yes I would.

The lenses are packaged in nicely finished boxes, but I've kept it in its original box to protect the main unit as it is made of relatively hard plastic, which I'm worried my break easily unless treated with care.

The battery pack held the batteries too loosely to create a reliable circuit, but this was easily fixed by bending the battery connectors so that they stuck out a bit more and held the battery tightly.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with how this product functions and even more pleased with the price!

Advanced Fountain Pen Jinhao 159 Black Bright with Silver Broad Nib
Advanced Fountain Pen Jinhao 159 Black Bright with Silver Broad Nib
Offered by fortunemart-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars So good that I bought a second one, then four other models from the same company!, 5 Nov. 2015
I own pens from Mont Blanc, Sheaffer, Parker, etc but I need many additional pens for different coloured inks as I like to write in different colours when taking notes and I don't want to carry so many expensive pens at the same time. I heard about this pen from various fountain pen afficionados on Youtube all of whom were very impressed by it (these are guys with pens worth tens of thousands of pounds).

Here are my thoughts: very sturdy construction. Feels good in the hand, the piano lacquer-style finish makes it pleasantly tactile to hold. It's heavy in a good way, but when posted it can be a little top heavy. I still write comfortably with it posted, but it may not be to everyone's likeing. When posted, the lacquer is so smooth that the cap can come off unless pushed on a bit harder.

The nib writes very smoothly, but in trying to achieve smooth writing, they've introduced "baby's bottom" in the two pens I bought (yes the first one was so good, I bought a second one!). This is where the inner corner of the nib bulb has been over ground and is rounded (making it look like a baby's bottom). It has the effect of causing occasional skips when writing. One pen has more extreme baby's bottom than the other, but both have it to some degree. It's easily rectified by carefully sanding down the nib with very fine specialist grit paper, which is inexpensive. See Youtube on how to do this.

The nib is a standard no. 6 nib, which means you can replace it with a high quality nib for less than £10 from e.g. Bock of Germany (who make nibs for many high-end & luxury pen companies e.g. Visconti and a host of others). That said, I'm still using the Jinhao nibs.

I think there's a design problem with the feed, it feeds well, but perhaps too well, because after refilling from a bottle a blob of ink can sometimes drop out of the nib. I've never had this happen with any of the established brands I've used. The workaround is pretty simple - just be sure to remove the excess ink around the feed with some tissue or cloth after filling.

It takes international converters, which futureproofs if its converter fails (not that it looks badly made...looks fine).

Gets 5 stars because its flaws are easily rectified and otherwise it's a quality product that looks great, writes well and is amazing value.

Neewer® LCD Digital Timer Remote Shutter Release Control Cable Cord Intervalometer Time-lapse Photography Device Compatible with RM-VPR1 Multi-Terminal Plug for SONY Alpha A7r, A7, A6000, A3000, SLT-A58, NEX-3NL, DSC-HX300, DSC-RX100M3, DSC-RX100M2, DSC-RX100III, DSC-RX100II Cameras
Offered by Neewer Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat and delivered on time!, 5 Nov. 2015
This timer remote shutter release works great on my A7R. What I like best is the illuminated LCD screen, which is pretty handy when doing astrophotography or fireworks. Much cheaper than Sony's and works a treat...conclusion: great value!
As for the delivery and packaging: this was as expected. It arrived quickly and I was pleasantly surprised to find it included a decent manual. Would definitely recommend this.

FD to NEX,K&F Concept® FD Adaptor NEX Adapter Lens Mount Adapter Ring for Canon FD FL Lens to Sony Alpha NEX E-Mount Camera Lens Adapter Ring FD-NEX
Offered by dcmall

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality manufacturing let down by poor tripod mount design., 5 Nov. 2015
The manufacturing quality of this mount is very, very good. I bought it for its built-in removable tripod mount, but I don't own any G lenses (yet) so can't comment on the aperture control. Having used it once in the field, I can say that the design of the tripod mount is flawed, because it allows minor movement between the adapter and its tripod foot. It's enough to be quite annoying and it introduces vibration when shooting. As a result of this movement, the screw can also loosen....not the extent it will fall of the tripod, but definitely to the extent that you need to continually keep tightening it up.

I didn't send it back, because I'm really pleased with the quality of the adapter and my workaround solution is to fit a metal pin between the tripod foot and the adapter. The end in the tripod foot will be securely glued in, the other end will be removable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2015 9:55 AM GMT

Quick Shoe Plate With 1/4-Inch Camera Screw and Pin for Alloy Ball Head VANGUARD SBH-100 - SET OF 2
Offered by Smart Shop UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Product as described and delivered promptlly., 5 Nov. 2015
It works fine and is well built, but it's a shame that you need to use a coin to tighten the mounting screw. That's poor design on the manufacturer's part! Never had this problem with my Velbon tripod heads, whose baseplates had a flap built into the screw for tightening and tucked neatly underneath when mounted. Two steps , step backwards.

E70 Laser Distance Meter with Bubble Level Rangefinder Range Finder Tape measure 0.05 to 70m (0.16 to 229ft)
Offered by Shining Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars I tested this and it works well...amazing value!, 5 Nov. 2015
Amazing value. I've actually tested it by comparing its readings using a tape measure (at a short 2m distance) and I can confirm it works and operates as described. Very convenient. I'd definitely recommend it....for the price its unbeatable.

Sennheiser PC21 II Overhead Monaural Single Sided Headband On-Ear Headset
Sennheiser PC21 II Overhead Monaural Single Sided Headband On-Ear Headset

3.0 out of 5 stars For Left ears only, 25 Feb. 2015
Sound quality is good, but the boom only rotates 90 degrees, which means this headset can only sit on the left ear. If it could rotate 180 degrees, then it could have worked on either ear. Very surprised in this design oversight from Sennheiser.

Pixco Lens Adapter For TILT Adapter Minolta MD MC To Sony NEX Adapter
Pixco Lens Adapter For TILT Adapter Minolta MD MC To Sony NEX Adapter

1.0 out of 5 stars Locking mechanism failed, 25 Feb. 2015
It was working fine for about 3 months, then the locking mechanism stopped working, meaning the lens wouldn't click in. Before I realised the problem, one of my lenses fell off the adapter during manual focusing and hit the concrete. Luckily the glass is fine, but I have a ding that needs fixing. The other thing to watch out for is the tilt wheel isn't tight enough, so after a while it can work its way into a slight tilt, which of course means defocused edges. I have a second copy and that one has been okay so far. May be I was just unlucky.

Fotga For Konica mount Lens To Sony NEX-3 NEX-1 E Mount Adapter Ring
Fotga For Konica mount Lens To Sony NEX-3 NEX-1 E Mount Adapter Ring
Offered by Fotga

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for me to keep and use, 25 Feb. 2015
I'm pleased with this mount. It gets 4 stars instead of 5, because it's finish isn't perfect, but is good enough (more below). I procrastinated for ages before buying it. I was torn between going high-end and getting the Fotodiox Pro for £46 (5x the price). My main worry was whether or not its finish was good enough, such that there are no sharp edges that would damage my lens mount or camera mount (the photo looks iffy). In the end, I thought it was worth a gamble and it paid off. The finish on this copy is good enough that I'm confident it won't damage my gear. It allows infinity focus, there's no play at all - it's solid as a rock, and the lens dismount button seems sturdy enough to last.

Page: 1 | 2