Profile for Roland Herrera, Bristol UK > Reviews

Content by Roland Herrera...

Roland Herrera, Bristol UK (Bristol, Avon United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Night Sky Observer's Guide: Vol 2
Night Sky Observer's Guide: Vol 2
by Kepple

5.0 out of 5 stars My review is positive, 16 Nov 2013
This series of 3 Guides is delightful. They are large and informative volumes. Beautiful layout, and much much information available. What a useful reference work for my Astronomy library. I really recommend this Atlas / Book.

FRIEDRICH SEITZ COMPLETE PUPIL S CONCERTOS NOS.1-5 VLN (Schirmer's Library of Musical Classics)
by Various
Price: 10.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Good compilation of 5 Concertinos, 16 Nov 2013
These are pretty essential Concertos for a budding violinist Grade 3-7. They fill a repertory gap and are certainly tried and tested Student Concertos used Worldwide that no aspiring young Violinist should be without. There are two Grade 3 Concertinos, two intermediate ones, and a more advanced Concerto which I would estimate to be at Grade 7 level. Nice Collection. Classical to Early Romantic style. Recommended for sure.

Bach: 6 Brandenburg Concertos
Bach: 6 Brandenburg Concertos

5.0 out of 5 stars I Musici are first rate, 16 Nov 2013
I can't believe no one has reviewed this. My favourite is Richter's version with the Munich Bach Orchestra, recorded in the 60s I think. But this could easily come in at second. It's good and I would not hesitate to recommend it. Be aware, it's not a period performance. Much in the same style as Academy of St Martin in the Fields recorded by Sir Neville Marriner.

Bach, J.S.: The Organ Works
Bach, J.S.: The Organ Works
Price: 34.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable all the way, 16 Nov 2013
I like Simon Preston's Bach. Much joy and sprightly rhythms everywhere. Quite different from Walcha, which would be my first choice. Preston comes in a worthy second. No regrets at having bought it! Very positive lively playing which communicates a certain joie de vivre.

Piatnik Playing Cards - Elizabeth I / Henry VIII, double deck
Piatnik Playing Cards - Elizabeth I / Henry VIII, double deck
Offered by Saverstore
Price: 14.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected more, 16 Nov 2013
I can't say anything negative here. However, I was a little surprised at how thin the cards were. I was expecting stiffer, better quality cards, and a better plastic finish. Perhaps I am no expert on cards, so take my impression uninformed, and probably unreliable.

The Complete Sonatas for Solo Violin Op. 27 (Clamagirand)
The Complete Sonatas for Solo Violin Op. 27 (Clamagirand)
Price: 10.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 16 Nov 2013
Well I see there are no reviews for this. Ms. Clamagirand is a stunningly good Violinist. (I love her wrist vibrato!). She is obviously an up and coming World Class Artist. Congratulations.

The Tree of Life [Blu-ray]
The Tree of Life [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Brad Pitt
Price: 5.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive, 16 Nov 2013
True Art has been made here. Well done Terence Malick. It's quite different from his previous films, but something that you'd expect from someone who has life experience and is looking back on it with fond memories. A joy to watch and I loved the classical sound track, especially the Couperin played by Angela Hewitt.

Glenn Gould plays Bach: The 6 Sonatas for Violin & Harpsichord BWV 1014-1019; The 3 Sonatas for Viola da gamba & Harpsichord BWV 1027-1029
Price: 8.42

5.0 out of 5 stars A Winner, 16 Nov 2013
I have been listening to this recording for 40 years. This is a good remastering... let me just say that it is as enjoyable to listen to today as it was when I was 10 years old. I wouldn't ever want to be without Rose & Gould.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2014 7:57 PM BST

Price: 109.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy, 16 Nov 2013
I bought this for my wife, and she uses it all the time. It's great for reading in bed too, as it's backlit and our bedroom lighting is a bit poor. It's a very tried and tested product, for sure, and there's no doubt it performs well. I just wish it had more on board memory to store more books. Perhaps that's just my opinion. Lastly, I with ebooks were cheaper.

English Suites 1-3
English Suites 1-3
Price: 10.11

5.0 out of 5 stars The New Bach, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: English Suites 1-3 (Audio CD)
This is stunning in my opinion. I am a Glenn Gould, Murray Perahia, Helmut Walcha and Simon Preston fan. That tells you where I'm coming from. Walcha is the top of the top. If you're still with me read on: Martin Stadtfeld is the next Bach genius. He has extraordinary rhythmic tightness and discipline, call it an even touch. This main feature of his playing really allows him to reveal the structure and meaning of Bach. No one little phrase stands out more than the whole... therefore one gets a global view... something like a whole picture of the composition which he plays. I find his expressive warmth totally satisfying; it certainly speaks to me, yet his rhythmic nerve take the music a whole degree higher, somewhat in the direction of Walcha. I advise all Bach lovers to pay attention to this wonderful German Pianist... he has Bach in his veins. Now I'm not saying this is the only way of playing Bach, and I'm not saying you'll be instantly converted... but it didn't take long for me to realise what a precious musician we have in Martin Stadtfeld. Please may he record much more! Unreserved recommendation

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10