Profile for Carlos > Reviews

Planning, Designing and Making Railway Layouts in Small Spaces
Planning, Designing and Making Railway Layouts in Small Spaces
by Richard Bardsley

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners or returnees, 21 Mar. 2013
I am returned to modelling after 35 yrs and I found the book really useful. It was well written in an way that was not patronising to us beginners. I bought it for my kindle and the pictures were very clear and you could enlarge them which I found helpful. I picked up a number of good ideas and have redesigned my layout as a result. Probably not a book for experienced modellers who may look down on this type of book but I enjoyed it thoroughly.

The Long and Short of it: The Autobiography of Britain's Greatest Amateur Golfer
by Gary Wolstenholme

3.0 out of 5 stars For the golf fan only, 11 Oct. 2010
I have been following Gary for some time, as an amateur his achievements are unique in the modern golfing world. The book is an interesting insight into the man, however unless you are a keen golf fan then stay away!

Gary admits to a lot of things in the book and can come across as slightly bitter to the way he has been treated over the years. I enjoyed the book & read it in only three sittings, you do need to have you own view on Gary but you cannot deny his talent. I wish him well in the future....