Profile for pego'myheart > Reviews

Content by pego'myheart

pego'myheart (UK)

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Tree needs TWO adaptors and only ONE is provided, 9 Dec 2013
This tree comes in two separate parts each with its own set of lights which require an adaptor each. Only ONE adapter was provided . Consequently only half the tree can be lit at one time . Finding a second adaptor is almost impossible as there are so many different types and I know nothing about this type of thing.
Once you have found a second adaptor- if that's possible- you have to find an extension cable to plug them both in .
I'm very annoyed!!!

FlamingoFace Branded Strong Pet Crate Foldable Cage Soft Fabric Dog Cat
FlamingoFace Branded Strong Pet Crate Foldable Cage Soft Fabric Dog Cat

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 11 Dec 2012
I ordered this item yesterday and it is already in position ready for habitation !I bought it as a replacement for the more traditional cage our cavapoo came with .At 7 months she had outgrown it . This crate is the perfect size and folds down easily . It looks so cosy and welcoming . It would be nice if there was an option to buy a removeable soft liner the exact size for the inside. However I still award it 5 stars.

Jung: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
Jung: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
by Anthony Stevens
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise and readable, 7 May 2011
I bought this book as I had to give a short talk on Jung to a community group. Having waded through a lot of dense stuff on the internet I decided to buy this excellent summary of Jung and his work. I found everything I needed to know was presented in a very readable form. It was a huge help to me . I loved the inclusion of photographs of Jung and his family . I really felt I got to know Jung the man as well as Jung the intellectual. It's a great little book.

Peig: The Autobiography of Peig Sayers of the Great Blasket Island
Peig: The Autobiography of Peig Sayers of the Great Blasket Island
by Peig Sayers

4.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating piece of social history, 7 Jun 2009
This is a fascinating insight into the extremely hard life of poor Irish familes in the West of Ireland in the second half of the 19th century.It might take a bit of time to get used to the language as it is translated from the original Irish.
Having family who originated in this area I can vouch for the truthful portayal of people and events. Peig is a true survivor ,enduring loss and hardship that is almost unheard of today outside the third world. Crucially, it's her own voice we hear not a second hand report from a historian or the re-imagining of a novelist. The only complaint is that sometimes it asks more questions than it answers.I wanted to say -"Yes but what happened then ??" A very interesting read if you love social history.