Profile for Crispin Muir > Reviews

Colfax [VINYL]
Colfax [VINYL]
Price: 20.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark and emotional, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Colfax [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I really love this album and think the musicianship is outstanding. Amy Boone's voice is great and reminds of Lucinda Williams, and at times Hope Sandoval. Thoroughly recommend it but wish it was longer!

Stay Gold [VINYL]
Stay Gold [VINYL]
Price: 18.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Weakest so far, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Stay Gold [VINYL] (Vinyl)
These young ladies have the most amazing voices, amongst the best I have heard. Whilst I enjoy the album, it is not in the same league as the previous two releases and sounds far more mainstream- for me the excitement and freshness have gone- I shall look forward to seeing them in concert at the Albert Hall in September when I hope there is a greater emphasis on folk/country rock than there is here.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2014 7:23 PM BST

Older Guys [VINYL]
Older Guys [VINYL]
Offered by MEGA Media FBA
Price: 15.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Older Guys [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I bought this to add to my collection and was not disappointed. Again for CRB fans who are into vinyl

Adam's Lament
Adam's Lament
Price: 13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Adam's Lament (Audio CD)
very uplifting and has continued my love affair with Arvo Part. he is a great composer and his music always moves me and is great to contemplate life to.

English Oceans
English Oceans
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding again, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: English Oceans (Audio CD)
Better balance of song writing and singing and am really enjoying it. if you like the DBT you will not be disappointed

Hard Working Americans [VINYL]
Hard Working Americans [VINYL]
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 19.29

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite albums of the past decade-already!, 7 Mar 2014
this album is simply amazing and is the first album I have loved from start to finish in a while. It is a combination of: Jesse Ed Davis, Dr John, Taj Mahal, post Duanne and Berry Allman Brothers with some Delaney and Bonnie thrown in. I have hardly stopped playing it and am hoping that they produce more albums. what a supergroup as well and I think Neal Casal's guitar playing is wonderful and hopefully he will combine this with CRB. It is irritating that the LP is spread over 4 sides when two would have been fine!

Betty's Blends - December 15th, 2012
Betty's Blends - December 15th, 2012
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Quality, 7 Mar 2014
Having purchased eight live recordings of varying quality from Livedownloads, this was music to my ears: an outstanding sound engineered and mixed by the great Lady her-self. I was gutted to have missed the vinyl edition, but these conerts are making up for it and are great value.

Made Up Mind [VINYL]
Made Up Mind [VINYL]
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 19.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Made Up Mind [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I am reviewing the vinyl edition, and whilst I am very pleased with overall packaging and sound quality it is disappointing that the album is spread across 4 sides, as It means constantly getting up to turn the LP over. It should have been on two or even three-Columbia have a precedent for this-Johnny Winter: Second Winter. Great album of soulful blues though

Pattern Disruptive
Pattern Disruptive
Price: 9.20

1.0 out of 5 stars Wretched, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: Pattern Disruptive (Audio CD)
Clearly Richard Betts has released some fabulous music but this is awful: bland heavy rock : avoid like the plague!

Blame Bobby Bare
Blame Bobby Bare
Price: 14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 4 Sep 2013
This review is from: Blame Bobby Bare (Audio CD)
I bought this having read my Relix Magazine and heard one of the tracks on the sampler. A times very good and at times a little too country for me, and not the sort of country that I like. That said I love the lyrics and imagine that many would enjoy

Page: 1 | 2