Profile for Cynthia > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Everlasting Sin
Everlasting Sin

2.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Everlasting Sin (Kindle Edition)
The sequences written about flashbacks from the past were told really well, I much preferred the child versions of Riley and Hudson to the adults. For some reason as soon as it jumped to the present it became full of repetitive angst that was so incredibly boring I found myself skipping paragraphs. The idea that Riley was doing a journalist piece on underground fighting and everyone just accepted it and the fact that they all had a bonding camping trip for those fighting to win the right to represent the club, and that she was invited too?? Give me a break. Never mind the fact that the one non-fighter amongst them is the one that actually gets the shot to represent the gym. Ridiculous. You can forgive mushy cliches if the story is purporting to at least be realistic.

The Convenient Bride
The Convenient Bride

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't live up to it's potential, 21 July 2014
There were a few cracks to the fluidity of the story in the way it was written and some of the cliched speech used but the real issue was the length, it didn't allow for the story to unfold naturally. It felt as if chunks had been edited out to keep it short but the emotion behind the storyline suffered for it.

Unexpectedly Yours: A Forever Love Story (InterMix)
Unexpectedly Yours: A Forever Love Story (InterMix)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good follow on, 21 July 2014
It's not a taxing read but it's a good second book. Thought there could have been a little bit more around the character development of Josh though, he comes across as a hard nose in book one but a softie here, just thought it could have had more focus early on.

Nero (Made Men Book 1)
Nero (Made Men Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely recommend, 20 July 2014
I like alpha males so I expected to enjoy this but thought the fact that the main characters were in their last year of high school that it might be a bit corny or lack depth but I'm very pleased to report that this was absolutely not the case. Not sure what it says about me but the fact that Nero made no apologies for his violent behaviour was incredibly hot, probably because it was tampered by his desire to protect Elle. I wouldn't call it gritty but it was closer to that spectrum on the romantic novel scale, much like MC books. I'll definitely be looking for more by Sarah Brianne.

Gypsy Hearts (Texas Hearts)
Gypsy Hearts (Texas Hearts)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 16 July 2014
It's not a long book and it doesn't cover a vast timespan but I thought the author did well to make the development of their relationship seem more involved. I loved the maturity that she gave the main characters as well, it's sometimes hard to find in a romance novel.

Fiancé by Friday (Weekday Brides Series)
Fiancé by Friday (Weekday Brides Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 15 July 2014
Really well written but thought some crucial scenes like their first time in the hotel, were a bit rushed. Really enjoyed it though and I'll be reading more in the series.

A Husband's Regret (The Unwanted Series)
A Husband's Regret (The Unwanted Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional, 13 July 2014
In terms of a believable premise which creates the drama that the story revolves around, I'm not sure this qualifies; what person would just leave their home like that? Having said that, I thoroughly enjoyed the story. I read the Unwanted wife and found that to be brilliant and this was just as well written the characters were likeable.

Fall To Pieces: Broken #2 (The Broken Series)
Fall To Pieces: Broken #2 (The Broken Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Drama, 12 July 2014
This was well written and it might have just been my frame of mind when I read it but it was a bit too dramatic for me with a bit too much angst. Every chapter seemed to cover a new dramatic turn but that didn't leave much room to explore the characters and get to know them. Well written but I don't think I'll be reading the rest of the series.

Wind Warrior
Wind Warrior

5.0 out of 5 stars New favourite, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Wind Warrior (Kindle Edition)
I was a bit suspicious at first because I thought the dialogue seemed stilted but as i read on i realised that it's O'Banyons way of communicating the Blackfoot speech and once this was clear I completely lost myself in the story. I love it when the culmination of attraction between the character's is left to the end, it peppers the whole book with tension and this did not disappoint. I will now be going and buying everything by Constance O'Banyons.

The Twin Moon (The Moon Series)
The Twin Moon (The Moon Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these Were tigers, 27 Jun 2014
I really enjoyed the first book in the series but I liked The Twin Moon more. I love the fact that Ian's mate was human, I just wish there was more time spent on Andy getting to know Ian's tiger. I'll be reading the rest of this series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17