Profile for Mr. Neil Rapley > Reviews

Content by Mr. Neil Rapley

Mr. Neil Rapley

Page: 1 | 2
FAT QUARTERS LIME GREEN Soft Anti Polar Fleece Fabric, Top Quality Soft Fleece Material SOLD BY 50cm x 60cm UNIT
Offered by falconsuperstore

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 24 April 2014
The fleece is thin and slightly bobbly. The piece I received was 50cm wide but 5cm along one edge was not usuable as it was full of machine holes.

MadCase® Apple iPhone 5s 5 High Quality Smooth PU Leather Wallet Style Flip Stand Case cover with Credit Card Slots & Stylus Touch Pen & Screen Protector - Apple Green
Offered by Gadgets 'N' Bits Ltd.

1.0 out of 5 stars no stand, 3 Jan 2014
The case looks fine and fits the ipod touch 5th generation, however the picture clearly shows the case bending to create a stand, which it does not in fact do. My son is quite disappointed as he spent a long time looking for a green ipod touch case which would function as a stand.

Gelco GSeat Ultra Pressure Cusion for Prostatitis, Prostate, Back & Soft Tissue Pain Relief
Offered by StressNoMore

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 1 Dec 2013
I'm not 100% sure why it didn't work for my chronic prostatitis, but my feeling is that it was too soft. This meant that as I sunk into it I had more of my perineal region in contact with the cushion which is where I need to remove pressure from to ease the pain.

Personally what I have found better is to use a foot stool to raise my knees which causes weight to be shifted back from the perineal region.

X-stamper Gold Star Xclamations
X-stamper Gold Star Xclamations

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't stamp cleanly, 22 Oct 2013
The stamp seems dirty and when I try to stamp a child's work it creates a brownish star that is flecked with grey. This is disappointing and I won't be using the stamp again as I don't feel it reflects how pleased I am with work that deserves a stamp.

Cutter and Mould - Butterfly
Cutter and Mould - Butterfly

1.0 out of 5 stars clunky, 28 Sep 2013
I love the petunia and hydrangea cutters. They create beautiful delicate sugarpaste flowers. I was very disappointed with the butterflies produced with this cutter and mould. They weren't very delicate. Rice paper butterflies are far more effective.

100 Blank [White Extra Thick] Playing Flash Cards [Curved Corners] Approx 54 mm x 90 mm The Perfect Aid for Personal Learning and Exam Revision Create the Flash Cards You Need!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great flash cards, 9 Feb 2013
Blank playing cards. Perfect for use as flash cards in school. They have a smooth slightly shiny finish and rounded corners. The only improvement would be if they came in a box rather than a plastic bag.

UK 2012 Olympic Souvenier Medal
UK 2012 Olympic Souvenier Medal
Offered by Balloon Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely medal but the ribbon was plain, 25 July 2012
I'm really pleased with the quality of these medals. They will be perfect as prizes for our mini Olympics. I'm slightly disappointed that the ribbon is plain rather than Union Jack as shown in the photograph.

Floor Wall Mounted Galvanised Bike Cycle Rack Holder Storage Stand Stores Up to 5 Bikes 134cm (W) X 33cm (D) x 25.5cm (H) Round Tube DIA 16 x 1.2mm Square Tube 30mm x 30mm x 2mm

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for 5 bikes, 25 Mar 2012
Each holder on this rack is too close to the next. Because of this it makes the bikes awkward to put in and more so to take out again. I could not take one bike out without having to remove others which made this rack too inconvenient to use.

Note that if you do purchase this rack and decide it is unsuitable then after the seller deducts the original postage costs and you have paid to send it back then you will only get back about half the cost of the item.

Bananas in My Ears
Bananas in My Ears
by Michael Rosen

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical Michael Rosen, 6 Mar 2012
This review is from: Bananas in My Ears (Paperback)
My children (7 and 9) love Michael Rosen. He writes about the things they are interested in and they find his writing humorous.

Noble Beast
Noble Beast

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 6 Feb 2012
This review is from: Noble Beast (MP3 Download)
I recently discovered Andrew Bird and as a fan of such leftfield "indie" as Radiohead, Sufjan Stevens, Belle & Sebastian and Tindersticks this was right up my street. Noble Beast is leftfield in its unusual song structures (note the crescendo then sudden fade in Souverian) and in particular in Bird's brilliant violin playing which is present throughout. The clever wordplay stands out, my favourite example being at the start of Tenuousness: "From proto-Sanskrit Minoans to Porto-centric Lisboans, Greek Cypriots and harbor sorts who hang around in ports a lot". There is also Bird's whistling which seems to divide opinion, but for me works in the context of the songs.

If I had to choose highlights, I might go for the catchy Fitz And The Dizzy Spells, the experimental Radiohead like sound of Not A Robot, But A Ghost or the simply beautiful The Privateers. However, that would be to ignore all the other brilliant tracks herein, which make choosing highlights seem somewhat churlish. Indeed I would be hard pressed to name another album completely devoid of weaker tracks. Put simply, this is one of the best albums I have heard. Ever.

Page: 1 | 2