Profile for B. W. Neve > Reviews

Content by B. W. Neve

B. W. Neve "Bhashini" (London)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Hoodie, 18 Feb. 2013
I'd normally take a 12 in sweatshirts so I bought the extra small which fits fine. The zip looks a bit cheap and I don't know how long it will last. The kelly green is very bright but I love it. Really wish I hadn't just spilled olive oil all down it...

For Life Stump Teapot Mandarin 18oz
For Life Stump Teapot Mandarin 18oz
Offered by PureGusto

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Teapot, 18 Feb. 2013
I bought this for my parents for Christmas. They have a history of either losing or breaking the lids to teapots. The Stump teapot with its attached metal lid solves that problem. They're very happy with it.

The Magic
The Magic
by Rhonda Byrne

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformational, 7 Oct. 2012
This review is from: The Magic (Paperback)
Excellent! A truly life-transforming programme. It takes some discipline to stick with it for the full 28 days but the results are well worth it. Highly recommended.

The Wings of Joy: Finding Your Path to Inner Peace: Finding Your Path to Inner Peace - Inspirational Meditations, Anecdotes and Messages to Nourish Your Soul
by Sri Chinmoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Wisdom and Guidance, 26 Sept. 2012
This is probably the most well-thumbed book in my bookcase. A beautifully inspiring collection of short stories, aphorisms and spiritual wisdom. Guaranteed to warm your heart and feed your soul.

77,000 Service-Trees 03
77,000 Service-Trees 03

5.0 out of 5 stars Concentrated Spiritual Wisdom, 18 Sept. 2012
Inspiring and enlightening aphorisms. Whenever I'm seeking inspiration or guidance, I open this book at a random page and there it is.

The Jewels of Happiness: Inspiration and Wisdom to Guide Your Life-Journey
The Jewels of Happiness: Inspiration and Wisdom to Guide Your Life-Journey

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 18 Sept. 2012
This is such an inspiring book; I've read it again and again. It restored my faith in human nature and gave me hope. The Jewels of Happiness would make a great gift for someone who needs a lift. Highly recommended.

Flute Music for Meditation
Flute Music for Meditation

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Peace, 10 May 2012
This has long been my favourite meditation CD. Sri Chinmoy's haunting flute music takes you to a very deep and peaceful place.
I also use it as background music when I'm working if I need to create a calm vibe.
I highly recommend it.

Auspicious Good Fortune: One Woman's Inspirational Journey from Western Disillusionment to Eastern Spiritual Fulfilment
by Sumangali Morhall

5.0 out of 5 stars The Search for Spiritual Belonging, 3 May 2012
The honest and eloquently told story of a misfit's search for her place in the world. Sometimes funny, sometimes heart-wrenching but always completely engaging. Sumangali takes us on a journey through her childhood struggles to define her sense of "differentness".
Born into a family of atheists where God is a taboo subject, she asks the question "But what comes after the sky, And after space? What happens to people when they die?" Not satisfied with "Nobody knows" for an answer she determines to find that Someone or Something for herself.
Brief glimpses of the extraordinary in nature- an autumn leaf, a tadpole turning into a frog, an underwater landscape are met with "There You are!"
The tortuous pathway of a sensitive soul through the brutal teenage years sees her bullied and humiliated. Later she attempts to plug the holes in her life with alcohol, drugs, relationships, the pursuit of wealth and fame but still none of it is enough.
A near death experience starts her on a path of meditation that eventually leads her to find her spiritual guide in Sri Chinmoy: "There You are!" Through his teachings she finds fulfillment, happiness and a sense of her true self.
Sumangali has a rare aptitude for evoking the interior world of spirituality, its emotions and sensations. Each sentence is exquisitely crafted and reads like poetry but at the same time it's warm and accessible.
She gives us a unique insight into the sweet relationship between a modern-day master and his disciple.
A very inspiring life story, beautifully told which will resonate in the heart of any spiritually-inclined person.
I've read it twice and I highly recommend it.