Profile for richee_roo > Reviews

Content by richee_roo

"richee_roo"

Lame Deer, Seeker of Visions (Enriched Classics)
Lame Deer, Seeker of Visions (Enriched Classics)
by John (Fire) Lame Deer
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars An insight into the Sioux Native American culture, 13 Dec. 2001
I really enjoyed this book, and it kept me company through the days that I read it. Full of stories of occurances which happened to Lame Deer in his long and rich life...sometimes sobering, sometimes hilarious, but always facinating...thank you to Richard Erodes and Lame Deer for sharing their stories with us...love and light!!

Plant Spirit Medicine: The Healing Power of Plants
Plant Spirit Medicine: The Healing Power of Plants
by Eliot Cowan

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 24 May 2001
This book truely shows the reader how to understand the healing aspects of plants, not only in a herbology sence, but deeper into the spirit presence of the plant being.
Thanks Eliot, for a fantastic book

Black Elk's Prayer and Vision
Black Elk's Prayer and Vision
by Ed McGaa
Edition: Audio Cassette

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 April 2000
To hear the words and prayers of Black Elk as told by Ed McGaa Eagle Man really does bring home the knowledge of the Sioux Holy Man.
I recommend this tape to anyone who wants to know about this truely amasing journey.
Mitakuye Oyasin

Teachings Around the Sacred Wheel: Finding the Soul of the Dreamtime
Teachings Around the Sacred Wheel: Finding the Soul of the Dreamtime
by Lynn V. Andrews

4.0 out of 5 stars Work Book to Guide you into Sharmanism, 27 April 2000
This was the first 'workbook' that I have encountered on Sharmanistic Practise, and reading through it, I found it both prefound and insightful. I haven't actually done any of the exercises out of the book, but Lynn does guide you through in a safe manner.
Just need to do it now.

Mother Earth Spirituality: Native American Paths toHealing Ourselves and Our World (Religion and Spirituality)
by Ed, Eagle Man McGaa

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for those interested in the Red Road, 11 April 2000
Ed McGaa teaches us the true value of many of the Sioux Cerimonies, from the Sweat Lodge, through to the Giving Away Cerimony. This book was recommended to me by a friend who follows the Red Road, and now I have commenced my journey.
Enjoy the book! Also see The Rainbow Tribe by Ed McGaa, which details lessons and experiences from non Native American people following the Red Road.
Mitakuye Oyasin!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2011 11:35 AM BST