Profile for Stephen Ekpeh > Reviews

Content by Stephen Ekpeh

Stephen Ekpeh

Samsung T27A950D 27" 3D LED TFT TV Monitor Digital TV Tuner with Samsung 3D Glasses

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 18 Mar. 2013
This is by far the b est monitor I have owned in my life...

This was to replace a 22" Dell monitor I bought at least 4 years ago. When I saw this Samsung monitor last year I was like...wow.
But it was too expensive for me then. But when I saw this again this year at a much reduced price, I just had to get it.

The monitor itself looks crazy. How the screen is supported on a small curved design is just so stylish. It was all well packaged so I had no issues with any defects/cosmetic blemishes. Setting this beat up was even more straight forward. Once I hooked everything up, my PS3 recognised it straight away and it was up and running.

When you first look at films you used to watch previously on this monitor, it will blow you away, literally! I was watching The Matrix Reloaded on blu ray, and I saw every single imperfection on Lawrence Fishburnes face with absolute clarity. I was a changed man after this. Plus, something that I was always intrigued with, was the whole 'soap opera' affect, which is the frame rates being unlocked through the high 120Hz output, and when you see this with the naked eye (not on youtube) it gives the films a lot more realism and smoothness.
I tried the 3D setting on Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and it really does stick out at you. However, I dont think 2D - 3D conversion has not been perfected just yet, as I hardly noticed the depth. So I would say (even though I havent done any more tests per se) That the 3D DOES work with 3D able films and games.

If you arent a big fan on 3D or are waiting for the technology to be more stable, they have released the 750D version of this monitor, which is exactly the same except 3D, but pricing is not that much different so you might as well get this one :)

Overall, an amazing monitor, you will not be disappointed, great value for money as well. This will last me for many years to come :D