Profile for Robert Gray > Reviews

Content by Robert Gray

Robert Gray "robertgray12" (italy)

Page: 1 | 2
The Court Jester [DVD] [1956]
The Court Jester [DVD] [1956]
Dvd ~ Danny Kaye
Price: 3.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Wholesome fun, 15 Dec 2010
This is a very well written comedy in which the sub plots weave around seamlessly and amusingly. My wife and I too decided that Danny Kaye was Jim Carrey of his time though without the needless smut. Brilliant lyrics, with rhymes and alliteration spot on.

Seinfeld: The Complete Series [DVD] [2009]
Seinfeld: The Complete Series [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Jerry Seinfeld
Offered by fusion9online
Price: 499.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you thank you thank you!!!, 1 July 2010
I know my words wont do justice in expressing the sheer delight that is mine whenever I watch, read (the scripts) or discuss episodes of Seinfeld with my mates. Seinfeld is such a mentally stimulating and feel good show. Seinfeld.Seinfeld. I know that as often happens if I met the cast I would maybe end up hating THEM, but this show just has its finger consistantly on the pulse of human nature and our foibles, fears, and complexes.The speed and brilliant timing of the humor and dialogue is unlike anything I have ever seen on TV and albeit for a few exceptions (Seinfeld) this show demonstrates that you dont need bad language and graphic sexual descriptions to make the heart of your audience glad.
Thank you thank you thank you.

You very good man Seinfeld.

Show Boat (1951) [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Show Boat (1951) [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Kathryn Grayson
Offered by supermart_usa
Price: 8.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Songs Awful Storyline!!, 4 Jun 2010
Some of the greatest songs ever heard in Musicals are to be heard in Showboat.
Namely, "Old man river", "Cant help loving dat man", "Only make believe". The story line however is dreadful,and the acting at times woeful.
But who cares when you hear lyrics like "I'm tired o livin but scared o dyin".

Great Caruso [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Great Caruso [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Mario Lanza

5.0 out of 5 stars MODULATION.........MODUlation............modulation.., 12 April 2010
Mario Lanza opens his mouth to commence singing and in a nano second gets completely possessed by his art.
All the while he is completely oblivious of the non singing world.
His modulation is seemless and uncontrived. His portrayal of Il Pagliaccio when he laughs almost hysterically to start with, then ends the song groaning all the while singing...well.... it just tears my heart out!!

Hollywood Musicals Collection, The [DVD] [2004]
Hollywood Musicals Collection, The [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Judy Garland

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!!!, 26 Mar 2010
I used to think any musical review was better than no musical review...now I realize that was wrong. This is heresy!
An absolute dogs breakfast of a box set, woeful quality, rubbish narration and the atmosphere of a cheap funeral parlor.
That's Entertainment 1-3 were all glitzy extravaganzas with layers of class, all this amounts to are the movie trailers with humungous titles over the screen and cheap actionless voice overs, and DARKNESS!!
I mean they even succeed in making the magical Cyd Charise look dull!!
Call a lawyer and sue me , but shouldnt "First do no harm" be the watchword...phrase.....sentence...maxim..........WHATEVER??
This will surely attract noone to the mesmerising world of the musical.
Ah....Premise!!

50 Golden Greats
50 Golden Greats
Price: 6.60

4.0 out of 5 stars 50 Greats but still lacking!, 22 Mar 2010
This review is from: 50 Golden Greats (Audio CD)
I bought a couple of these items one for myself and one for friends here in Italy, and while I adore the Shadows and what they did, I was quite surprised that 'Blue Star' and 'All my sorrows' werent on the 50 Golden Greats CD's. My wife was in possession of a Shadows Audio Tape which she had brought back from Australia in the 1980's and everything was on it. So we are used to hearing Blue Star and All my Sorrows as part of the Shadows package.
I found these songs on youtube and have added them to my downloaded file ....does anyone know how to convert a FLV file to Plain audio?

Robin & The 7 Hoods [DVD] [1964] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Robin & The 7 Hoods [DVD] [1964] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Frank Sinatra
Offered by RAREWAVES USA
Price: 4.47

5.0 out of 5 stars names wrong, 24 Feb 2010
On the box picture, why is Frank Sinatras name above Dean Martin and vice versa?

Geordie [DVD] [1955]
Geordie [DVD] [1955]
Dvd ~ Alastair Sim
Price: 9.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Clootie Dumplin of a film., 22 Feb 2010
This review is from: Geordie [DVD] [1955] (DVD)
Here, they gathered all the Highland ingredients, Porridge, Bagpipes, words like "Bairn" and "Wee lassie", The Golden Eagle,the Highland games, and just like making a big cloottie dumplin they put them all in a big bed sheet, tied it at the end and BOABS YER UNCLE! after boilin for a few hours this came oot!!
The skirl of the pipes could even be heard in the air while going about ones daily life in the Highlands. Did ya Ken that?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2011 1:45 PM GMT

The Story Of Aviation [DVD]
The Story Of Aviation [DVD]
Dvd ~ The Story of Aviation
Price: 9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars This DVD should be titled Aviations use in warfare., 5 Aug 2009
This review is from: The Story Of Aviation [DVD] (DVD)
I expected something different.
My wife wants to know how airplanes work, how turbulence affects aircraft and all that. It was my own fault for not researching enough. This DVD focused largely on the use of airplanes in the two wars. But I dont feel too guilty about bad researching.The narrator said man first walked on the moon in August 1972!!!
It was 21 (or 20 depending on your time zone) July 1969.
Can I get my money back for that?

Egypt : Rediscovering A Lost World (3 Disc Box Set) [DVD] [2005]
Egypt : Rediscovering A Lost World (3 Disc Box Set) [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Andrew Sachs
Price: 7.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Check out girl narration on 'The Making of DVD, No 3., 30 Jan 2008
I couldnt believe it!!
In the Making of DVD no 3, I expected to hear Andrew Sachs mellow velvet narration , as in the other DVD's, instead what did we get?
A Lorraine Chase in a girls limousine night out soundalike!
Know what i maeeen?
Did they run out of cash?
Sounds like they paid her 3 pounds 72.

Page: 1 | 2