Profile for Michel Everaert > Reviews

Content by Michel Everaert

Michel Everaert "mfromsoaks" (Kent)

Page: 1 | 2
XCSOURCE® Professional Waterproof Underwater Housing Case with 4 PCS Filters for GoPro Hero Black Silver White 3 3+ 4 -Black
Offered by XCSOURCE

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, good value but can't see red recording light, 5 Jun. 2015
Solidly built and for the price it comes well packaged and with coloued lens, cleaning cloth, wrist strap and waterproof seal sealent extras. I won't be using it for diving so cannot speak about its waterproof capabilities.

One item to note is that the rear panel is completely opaque, as is most of the front. This means you cannot see the red ON light showing that the gopro is recording. This may be what you want but for my use case this is slightly annoying, but not enough to return it. That's the only reason I deducted one star.

BALLISTIC - SG Series for Apple iPhone 5/New iPhone - Navy Blue/Cobalt
BALLISTIC - SG Series for Apple iPhone 5/New iPhone - Navy Blue/Cobalt
Offered by Crazy Deals Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars I drop my phone (a lot) and while this case ..., 21 Mar. 2015
I drop my phone (a lot) and while this case does make your sleek iphone 5 very bulky, I've found it has protected my phone well. I bought it for the protection and for that it gets a five. I imagine for most the bulk would not be acceptable though.

Continental Race 28 Bicycle Inner Tube s42 Size:20/25-622/630
Continental Race 28 Bicycle Inner Tube s42 Size:20/25-622/630

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but poor quality control, 21 Mar. 2015
Good when they work but having bought about 20 of these tubes, I'd say about 25% of them are damaged out of the box. So much so that I now test them for leaks BEFORE I mount them on the rim. Will order different brand next time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2015 10:27 PM BST

MeFoto RoadTrip Convertible Tripod Kit with 5 Section Aluminium Legs - Black
MeFoto RoadTrip Convertible Tripod Kit with 5 Section Aluminium Legs - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The first tripod I actually use, 21 Mar. 2015
One word. Fantastic. It's solid, light, all the ball head controls work and the arca mount connects my X-T1 quickly and securely. I haven't used the monopod yet but it's good to know its there. I also have the smaller version which i like even more.

K-Edge MOUNT K-E Garmin Edge BK
K-Edge MOUNT K-E Garmin Edge BK

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but cheaper mounts do the job too., 21 Mar. 2015
Good but no better than cheaper plastic mounts. A benefit is that you can now buy a gopro camera mount that fastens underneath the round plate that holds your garmin, removing the need for a separate gopro mount.

6-Pockets Case Pouch Bag wallet for Filter 52 58 62 67 72 77 82mm UV CPL Cokin P Camera Lens, Canon Nikon Pentax Sony Fuji DSLR
Offered by BV-electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and does the job, 21 Mar. 2015
Cheap, holds size filters, folds relatively flat. So much better than carrying 6 filter boxes of different shapes.

Peak Design Capture Pro Camera Clip
Peak Design Capture Pro Camera Clip
Offered by Carmarthen Cameras

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but somewhat awkward, 21 Mar. 2015
Bought this to be able to quickly store my camera when out and about.

The clip is extremely solid, connects well and easily onto my backpack strap and securely holds the camera. To work though, you have to mount a slightly awkward square/rectangular block underneath your camera body which is what then allows the body to click into the clip. I personally don't like this a lot, but live with it for the convenience of fast storage. I remove the bracket immediately though when I don't need this function. Some will find this a put off I imagine as it ruins the look of the camera a bit.

I will say that the clip itself is heavy and the strap or belt that you mount it on has to be able to carry the weight of the body, which (many) backpack straps or belts will struggle with.

Apple 802.11AC Airport Extreme (Launched June 2013)
Apple 802.11AC Airport Extreme (Launched June 2013)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Apple devices, 21 Mar. 2015
Solved all problems I had connecting AND STAYING CONNECTED from iphones, ipads and macbooks that I was having with all other routers (I tried cisco, linksys, buffalo, netgear)

Not sure whether Apple does something to purposefully thwart other routers from working well with its devices, but as an Apple only household this did the trick where others did not.

Others rave about the great reach of this wifi access point, but in my brick/concrete house it does not seem to be better, if anything it is slightly worse.

One significant downside is that it is not nearly as configurable as other routers, particularly if you use airport expresses as repeaters.

LaserJet Pro 200 Color M276n All-in-One Printer
LaserJet Pro 200 Color M276n All-in-One Printer
Offered by ComputerPirates

4.0 out of 5 stars OK for the money, 21 Mar. 2015
Plasticy and cheap feeling, but 2 months in, it seems to be doing the job. Had an issue in that it doesn't wake from sleep mode on a Mac, but I was able to work round it by addressing the printer using IP rather than Bonjour. The whole house is printing to it through both cat5 and wifi. So far so good.

It's not the fastest printer, and particularly scanning is slow, but that's what you get for the price.

Peak Design Clutch Camera Hand Strap
Peak Design Clutch Camera Hand Strap
Offered by RK Photographic

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but doesn't suit all cameras, 21 Mar. 2015
I bought the Clutch for a Fuji X-T1 as I already had the Peak Design Leash. The leash is convenient because of the ease with which you can remove the strap, it's lightweight and versatile.

The clutch worked very well providing a tight, secure and adjustable grip. No complaints there.

Two things were not so good, one annoying and the other made the product useless.

The annoying part is that the Peak Design Clutch requires you to mount a square block into your tri-pod screw underneath your camera body, which is bulky and makes it more unstable when you place your camera on a flat surface.

An outright failing though is that (on my Fuji at least) the shutter release is on the top plate of the body and horizontal, and not at an angle and slightly forward from the top plate like you would have with a DSLR. As a result, when my hand is in the grip, it iss impossible for my index finger to reach and push the shutter release. This is obviously a problem on a camera when you can't take pictures. I imagine all cameras that lack a forward mounted, angled DSLR like shutter release would have this problem.

I had to return it as it was useless for me.

Page: 1 | 2