Profile for MR DAVID SIMPSON > Reviews

Content by MR DAVID SIMPSON

MR DAVID SIMPSON

Page: 1 | 2
Programming Microsoft's Clouds: Windows Azure and Office 365 (Wrox Programmer to Programmer)
by Thomas Rizzo

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough programming detail. Difficult to follow. No ..., 7 Jan. 2015
Not enough programming detail. Difficult to follow. No mention of where MS Access fits into the picture. Having read this I decided not to bother with Microsoft's clouds. Too complex and to expensive for a small business.

Team Kids Junior Kit Pyjama Set Shorts Pants Trousers Short Sleeve Top T Shirt Barcelona 7-8 Yrs
Offered by Sports Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 7 Jan. 2015
Well made and fit as expected. My grandson was delighted.

Access 2010: The Missing Manual
Access 2010: The Missing Manual
by Matthew MacDonald

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for the experienced. Barely passable for the novice., 1 Sept. 2014
I bought this manual to learn more about 'Navigation Forms', as other Access manuals I have, don't cover these at all. I also thought that it being a 'missing manual' I would pick up a lot of useful tips in all aspects of Access.
I've been writing commercial Access applications for 16 years now and I consider this book to be aimed at the novice. Even the section on 'Navigation Forms' was superficial and didn't cover the use of events, for example. I didn't pick up a single tip from the rest of the book and I felt I could have written a much better one myself, if I had the time.
I've seen much more detail in other books that would better suit a novice. Not impressed.

Muscle Shoals [DVD]
Muscle Shoals [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mick Jagger

2.0 out of 5 stars I was recommended this by a guy I met in the States ..., 13 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Muscle Shoals [DVD] (DVD)
I was recommended this by a guy I met in the States and I found it mildly interesting but too much history about the studio and not enough about the artists and actual recordings.

Sony Nashville UK Sampler
Sony Nashville UK Sampler

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Album, 26 Mar. 2014
There are four excellent tracks and the rest are pretty good. It's a good sampler for anyone who isn't too familiar with the country rock scene.

Panasonic KX-TG8063EB Triple Colour DECT Phone Set with Answer Machine
Panasonic KX-TG8063EB Triple Colour DECT Phone Set with Answer Machine
Offered by liGo

4.0 out of 5 stars Upgrade from previous Panasonic, 2 Mar. 2014
I got this because of the answering machine and better display and it stores more numbers. Only 4 stars because the voice quality is still a little fuzzy and not as clear as I would like.

Arbitrage [DVD]
Arbitrage [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Gere

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't live up to expectations, 21 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Arbitrage [DVD] (DVD)
Despite excellent media reviews, I thought the plot was predictable and in many ways totally unrealistic. It was well acted though. Richard Gere in particular was very good.

Salter 9018S SV3R Electronic Glass Platform Bathroom Scale
Salter 9018S SV3R Electronic Glass Platform Bathroom Scale

1.0 out of 5 stars Readings are too variable, 27 Dec. 2012
I bought these scales two years ago and initially used them maybe once a week. Since August 2012 I have been dieting and exercising and using the scales every day. To my horror I fond that I could easily manipulate the readings by very slight movements up to a stone either way. Even when attempting to stand still there can be a many pounds fluctuation in readings before the reading stabilises. If you dismount and reweigh yourself you can get variances of ten pounds from the previous reading. As a result, these are going to the tip and I'm looking for a replacement. DON'T BUY!

Nespresso by Krups XN300540 Pixie Coffee Machine - Titanium
Nespresso by Krups XN300540 Pixie Coffee Machine - Titanium

4.0 out of 5 stars Nespresso Pixie, 27 Dec. 2011
Excellent coffee and good design. I like the automatic power-off switch in case you forget. Nice small footprint. It gets four stars because it's noisy but that's a small price to pay for such great coffee.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2012 4:58 PM BST

EPA3 11.5V power adaptor for Yamaha keyboards - equivalent to Yamaha PA-130A
EPA3 11.5V power adaptor for Yamaha keyboards - equivalent to Yamaha PA-130A
Offered by Chamberlain Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice to have a spare, 7 Jan. 2011
Basically, I wouldn't have bought this had I known that the keyboard came with an adaptor which wasn't made clear in the keyboard product description. However, its good to have a spare.

Page: 1 | 2