Profile for AGDA > Reviews

KERASTASE LAIT VITAL 200ml
Offered by LookBeautiful
Price: 17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 14 Jun 2010
I bought as I was almost desperate with my hair. Due to several factors, one of them is constant highlights, my hair was slightly ok on top but really dry everywhere else. It was a disaster and I tried all kinds of products and things then I read about this conditioner and it has worked marvels and it smells lovely as well.

OPI Nails The It Colour Yellow Nail Lacquer/Polish - Brights Colour B66
OPI Nails The It Colour Yellow Nail Lacquer/Polish - Brights Colour B66
Offered by nailfantastic
Price: 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice colour, 25 May 2010
It is a lovely yellow, strong but not neon bright. I think it is a bit more risky than other colours but the main problem is the formula, yellows tend to be tricky and this one is no exception. It is a cream but you will need at 2 or 3 coats to have an even look. Streaks are frequent, even with a real good base coat.

OPI Nails Parlez-Vous OPI Mauve Nail Lacquer/Polish - French Colour F14
OPI Nails Parlez-Vous OPI Mauve Nail Lacquer/Polish - French Colour F14

5.0 out of 5 stars a favourite, 25 May 2010
A mauve/purple/taupe perfect for any moment, and also part of the "taupe" trend of the spring.
Love it, really nice colour, a creamy formula that goes smoothly even with 1 coat only

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Creamy pink paradise, 25 May 2010
I have seen some photos but this was a great choice, the formula is creamy and nice, no problems at all even with 1 coat. The colour provides a great maniquin hand-look for me and it is work-friendly and easy to combine with different clothes and looks

Panasonic HTX7E-C Monitor Headphones - Cream
Panasonic HTX7E-C Monitor Headphones - Cream
Offered by Annova (UK) Ltd
Price: 33.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 25 May 2010
I wasn't sure at first, before buying the headphones, I wanted a good quality, nice price and also some retro design that didn't look very ridiculous on my head. This was the perfect choice. A little heavy or maybe it is just me.

Wedding Bell Blues [DVD]
Wedding Bell Blues [DVD]
Dvd ~ Illeana Douglas
Offered by DVDGAMING DIRECT
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A funny comedy, 15 April 2010
This review is from: Wedding Bell Blues [DVD] (DVD)
It is not the best movie in the world but it is funny and original. A romantic comedy with a twist if you like. We have three young women that are reaching a point in their lives where a lot of people and society urges them to finally tie the knot with someone, one has a boyfriend with serious commitment issues, well, actually make that two and the third girl, well, she is apparently great in bed but not so good with the rest of the relationship.
So the three decide to go to Vegas and get married no matter what and there the story unfolds.
It is funny, some things are actually interesting for single women, to be aware of how having a man in your life can be great but also a burden or a problem and if you loved Aidan in Sex and The City, well here you have him in all his youthful glory.

Something Borrowed
Something Borrowed
by Emily Giffin
Price: 7.19

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was told to expect, 11 Mar 2010
This review is from: Something Borrowed (Paperback)
I have read and heard a lot of people talking about this book, and that it is being adapted into a movie, but honestly, can't see why it is so popular. It is not badly written, I give it that, and it is interesting and bold to have a main character that is not the usual boring too good to be true young woman that does all the right things and is all alone at the beginning and ends up with Mr perfect at the end. So my 2 stars go for that, for daring to change the formula.
I don't give it more stars as I find that the main character is a weak person, not really a bold character but someone who has always been under the shadow of a popular friend because it was easier and it made her more popular in return, she is always comparing their lives and secretly hating the other girl, but in front of her she is all smiles. Then the man (Dex) appears, and the not so pretty girl has a first chance with him, that she doesn't profit from as she is beyond shy and self-deprecating, but then after years of him dating the other girl (Darcy) and due to a mix of self-pity and alcohol, she goes for it and he is more than willing to go along with the plan.

So after the future husband and the maid of honour decide to become lovers in the first chapters of the book, the next ones are based on few ideas: A) they are perfect for each other and everyone except the bride agrees, B) The bride who seemed so nice at the first chapter now is a horrible monster (as we see her only through the eyes of the maid of honour and her friends), C)Everything else that happens only serves the purpose of showing how bad is the bride and how good is the uglier friend.

So not so daring as I though....and besides, the husband-to-be is a real player, he is going out with both women all the time....and never even feels bad about it

L.A. Confidential - Special Edition [DVD] [1997]
L.A. Confidential - Special Edition [DVD] [1997]
Dvd ~ Kevin Spacey
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA
Price: 12.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent movie, instant classic, 11 Mar 2010
I have always loved this movie, since the moment I went to see to the cinema to watch it, but I have never bought a DVD copy, although I have no idea why....finally I bought this special edition and I have to say that I am really happy, as I have remembered why this movie is on my favourite list.
It has everything a good movie should have: a beautiful woman, with elegance and classic beauty, mystery, good cops, bad cops and some of them in the gray areas of life, you have movie stars, gossipmongers, corruption, drugs, sex, and scandal. Basically this movie is all that the Black Dalhia wanted to be but couldn't.
Kim Basinger is excellent here, perfect in every scene she is in, but she is not the only one that shines here, the whole cast is fantastic, Russell Crowe was not as famous here as in Gladiator but his performance was brilliant, and Guy Pearce and the reas were just as good.

Highly recommended and this DVD has lots of surprises, like the pilot of the series.
Now, the language information: Languages (English, German, Spanish) and subtitles (English, Spanish, Danish, Estonian, Finnish, German, Norwegian, Swedish)

The Painter
The Painter
by Will Davenport

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a nice pleasure, 14 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Painter (Paperback)
The novel has two different stories, in two different times, that are more or less intertwined as usual, there is nothing new in that kind of plot, we have seen it before and although it is interesting, the Rembrandt story is somehow predictable, it is the modern story that actually interested me more, the characters are well-written, with great dialogues, actually, the dialogues are excellent and the plot has lots of surprises and shocks.
I really liked this novel, I have to admit that I wanted it to keep on as I read it so fast it barely lasted me a weekend, but all in all, it is a book I do recommend.

The Moonstone [DVD]
The Moonstone [DVD]
Dvd ~ Greg Wise
Price: 5.72

2.0 out of 5 stars Everyone is very good but it was not great, 16 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Moonstone [DVD] (DVD)
The actors are all good, the novel is interesting, but there is something missing here, some spark, maybe a better adapted script, I am not sure, but I found the DVD a bit boring, although it wasn't bad but certainly not something I will be willing to watch again in a while

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8