Profile for Chrymas > Reviews

Content by Chrymas

Chrymas (E R Yorks UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Best Drives Scotland (AA Best Drives)
Best Drives Scotland (AA Best Drives)
by AA Publishing

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have driving tour guide for Scotland., 3 Feb. 2012
Excellent suggested drives. The book is well laid out and the routes easy to follow. Descriptions are short and informative of the places you pass or visit on your way. We had other guides with us in the car on our journey, but this was the guide we reached for first. Well worth getting.

Kaavie QS-0 Metal Quick Release Plate for KS-0 Ballhead
Kaavie QS-0 Metal Quick Release Plate for KS-0 Ballhead
Offered by UK Highland Photography

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job. Good construction., 3 Feb. 2012
I bought this plate to go on the relevant ball-head. This particular plate is permanently on a telephoto lens, so that I don't have to unscrew the plate on my camera when changing to this lens. It saves a lot of time.

Kaavie Full Metal Ball Head with Quick Release Plate
Kaavie Full Metal Ball Head with Quick Release Plate
Offered by UK Highland Photography

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as many twice the price., 3 Feb. 2012
I needed a head that was easily adjusted and would hold a heavy DSLR and even heavier lenses at various angles, without slipping due to the weight. The problem I had was not so much telephoto lenses, which generally attach directly to a head, but lenses in the mid range (made of metal, with a lot of elements)which you have to use the camera attachment for. This head so far has done the job on top of a carbon fibre tripod and adjustment of camera angle is easy and the head locks well.

The Virgin Queen's Daughter
The Virgin Queen's Daughter
by Ella March Chase

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, if you like historic intrigue., 16 Jan. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I though this book well written with with a intriguing plot. The story line sets out the heroine's initial situation and thereafter the story line moves on at a good pace. Based on a possible scenario of Elizabeth 'I' having had a child the story unfolds. I like to read books that I find hard to put down because I want to know what happens next, this book does that.

Practise & Learn: Times Tables (Age 7-11)
Practise & Learn: Times Tables (Age 7-11)
by CGP Books

4.0 out of 5 stars Good attention grabber, learning by enjoying., 14 Jan. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As an adult the book looked OK, but how did it go down with a needy user. Great surprise, I passed this book onto my son for his daughter, who has been struggling a little with learning her tables. Two days on he informed me that my granddaughter had her nose in the book of her own accord and was bringing it to him for marking. This is fantastic as we have been having a bit of a fight over the times tables, particularly '7' onward. A week on and granddaughter thanked me for getting the book, she liked 'filling it in'.

The Good Food Guide: Recipes - Great Dishes from the UK's Best Chefs
The Good Food Guide: Recipes - Great Dishes from the UK's Best Chefs
by The Good Food Guide

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just for the coffee table, 16 Dec. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
At first glance the book appears to be a bit elitist 'foodie' and more suitable for the coffee table than the kitchen. If you take the trouble to look at the recipes in more detail you will find many dishes that are achievable by the home cook.
For the most part the chefs are classically trained.These skills combined with a passion for finding the best ingredients enable them to produce food which puts them at the top of their profession.
So don't leave it on the coffee table take it into the kitchen and give it a go.

FX Factory 1 Amp USB Mains Charger for iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, HTC, Kindle, Tom Tom, Navman

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have Charger., 16 Dec. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great little charger, its just the thing for taking with you abroad. It is the alternative to carrying lots of different chargers and jumbles of wires. Just make sure you have the correct connectors. A good feature is that you, according to the blurb, cannot over charge.

Everbuild EVB2SOSBK 25 mm x 10 m SOS Pipe Repair Tape - Black
Everbuild EVB2SOSBK 25 mm x 10 m SOS Pipe Repair Tape - Black
Offered by HGdeals

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the total answer. Only just 3 stars., 21 Oct. 2011
I bought this tap to seal a slight weep on the stop tap on a rising main. It has reduced the weep to a dampness but it has not sealed it. I found that the tap does not adhere to itself easily, to get any hold you have to rap it very tightly, difficult in a tight space, and what do you do with the final end. perhaps I'm using it wrongly, if so it would have been nice to find some introductions on its use, somewhere (in the packet/on the web??)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2012 3:20 PM GMT

The Siege: Agent of Rome 1
The Siege: Agent of Rome 1
by Nick Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 30 Aug. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I liked this book a lot. It's one of those books that I have difficulty in putting down, I want to know what is happening next. The story line is immediately gripping and moves along at a fast pace. The writing is a style I find easy to read. This is very similar to the Simom Scarrow books, both in content a genre. I will definitely be looking out for this author and look forward to the next book hinted at in the historical notes.

The Crusade of Darkness
The Crusade of Darkness
by Giulio Leoni

3.0 out of 5 stars Historical Detective/character, 19 Aug. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book is obviously well written, although I found the flow/syntax not easy to my reading style, perhaps due to the fact that it is a translation. I expected a 'Shardlake' novel type or a 'Name of the Rose, it is neither. Throughout I felt I wanted the book to get on, I was always expecting more. It is a good read, but although I could not abandon it, I was relieved to get to the end.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12