Profile for nlel1975 > Reviews

Content by nlel1975

nlel1975 (Jersey, Channel Islands)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Ring Automotive RTG4 Digital KeyRing Tyre Pressure Gauge
Ring Automotive RTG4 Digital KeyRing Tyre Pressure Gauge

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Inexpensive Digital Pressure Gauge, 7 Mar. 2015
I have had one of these for 8 months now, it is fiddly to use but works well. Certainly better than relying on a foot pumps gauge. I find it works better if you use it in conjunction with valve extenders such as these Weldtite Valve Extensions (for Schrader Valves)

Garmin nuvi 52LM 5" Sat Nav With UK and Ireland Maps and Free Lifetime Map Updates

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin nuvi 52 LM 5" Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps and Free Lifetime Map Updates, 12 Sept. 2014
This Sat Nav is brilliant, I have a free app called NAV Free on my iPhone which is functional but not that good especially for here in the Channel Islands whereas with this one I can search by house number and/or road/estate name, or just by road to get me to where I want to be and if you want a custom address you can simply browse there on the map and mark it as your destination. If you don't know the name of the road you want simply look it up in google maps on the PC.

Really pleased with it and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a good basic Sat Nav.

Silverline Tyre Valve Extenders 4pk 32mm
Silverline Tyre Valve Extenders 4pk 32mm

2.0 out of 5 stars Get the Weldtite Metal Valve Extensions for Schrader valves instead, 25 Aug. 2014
Don't get these as they do not work with screw-on type of inflators only push on or thumb lock type. For around the same money you can get these Weldtite Valve Extensions (for Schrader Valves) which work with Schrader valves as well which is what you have on your car and means they are compatible with screw-on inflators as well as push on or thumb lock type.

Metal Tyre Valve Extension
Metal Tyre Valve Extension

3.0 out of 5 stars Get the Weldtite Metal Valve Extensions for Schrader valves instead, 18 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Metal Tyre Valve Extension
Reading the other reviews it occurs to me that these valve extenders aren't compatible with "Schrader" valves which are the screw on type you find on cars. Which means that you can only fit push on or thumb lock types of inflator to these extenders! A much better solution are these Weldtite Valve Extensions (for Schrader Valves) which fit both push on and thumb lock or screw on type of inflators.

5x Valve Extensions Metal Safety, Workshop & Welding
5x Valve Extensions Metal Safety, Workshop & Welding
Offered by AP Motor Store

2.0 out of 5 stars Get the Weldtite Metal Valve Extensions for Schrader valves instead, 14 Aug. 2014
Don't get these as they do not work with screw-on type of inflators only push on or thumb lock type. For less money you can get these Weldtite Valve Extensions (for Schrader Valves) which work with Schrader valves as well which is what you have on your car and means they are compatible with screw-on inflators as well as push on or thumb lock type.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2015 1:41 PM GMT

Weldtite Valve Extensions (for Schrader Valves)
Weldtite Valve Extensions (for Schrader Valves)
Offered by Discount Bicycles Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Item, 13 Aug. 2014
These are great as they fit both push on type of inflators and also screw on ones known as Schrader Valves. I got mine from a Marketplace seller and they were delivered on time and for a good price. Highly recommended over the other type of valve extenders which only fit push on type of inflators. I use them to extend my car tyres valves making it easier to connect an inflator without having to remove the wheel covers.

Elgato EyeTV W, Mobile TV Hotspot for your iPad, iPhone & Android, black
Elgato EyeTV W, Mobile TV Hotspot for your iPad, iPhone & Android, black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 23 Jun. 2014
I bought this expecting it not to work very well but I was surprised. Using the small telescopic antenna outside I was able to pick up all the BBC channels but not ITV etc this is because of a weak signal and it would probably work better elsewhere or with a different antenna. Indoors using a Rod antenna pointing in the right direction I was able to pick up all the available freeview channels. This was a surprise because I was only able to get the BBC channels with the same Rod antenna when using my Hauppauge WinTV 900 USB PC TV Tuner. It seems this Elgato Tuner handles a weak signal better! Highly recommended!

Sony PS4 Console (Black)
Sony PS4 Console (Black)
Offered by Level99Games

5.0 out of 5 stars PS4 Standard Edition, 23 Jan. 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sony PS4 Console (Black) (Console)
Received my PS4 Standard Edition today, it arrived a week late but that was not Amazon's fault and at least it arrived eventually as I thought it was lost. I was a bit apprehensive about receiving a faulty one but I am happy to report there are no problems here. The only issue I had was downloading the 1.52 System Update as it timed out a few times while downloading but that was probably due to my Internet connection and I got the update eventually. Currently playing a Blu-Ray movie to test the Blu-Ray drive and its working perfectly. Really happy and relieved I have no problems!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Dell Ultrasharp U3014 30 inch Widescreen Monitor with Premier Colour
Dell Ultrasharp U3014 30 inch Widescreen Monitor with Premier Colour

5.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what all the fuss is about, 10 July 2013
Received my U3014 from Amazon and its a REV A01, having read the horror stories here I thought there maybe a serious problem with the Monitor. Yes I can see the so called horizontal banding but to me its very minor and you can only see it if you go looking for it. I think people are just being to fussy because of the relatively high price of the monitor where anything less than 100% perfect is deemed a problem. IMHO its not worth sending it back because of the issue and I am not sure it really is an issue which can or will be fixed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2013 9:02 PM BST

Windows 8 Pro Upgrade Edition - Upgrade from Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (PC)
Offered by snowmansales

5.0 out of 5 stars Views on Windows 8 after a week, 4 Nov. 2012
I am really liking it, its like if you have a stroke and you brain relearns
how to do things. The Start menu system doesn't have to be in your face and
you don't have to use the finger hungry tiles if you don't want to. The way
you can close tiles that you accidently opened by moving the pointer to the
top of the screen until it becomes a hand then dragging to the bottom of the
screen to close it is brilliant. I am spending most of my time in the
desktop and am not missing Windows 7 at all dare I say it Windows 8 is
better once you get used to it.

That was the only thing I didn't like no obvious way to close tiles as there
is no X but the dragging method I mention above solves that.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3