Profile for Puddleglum > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
SKYSCRAPER
SKYSCRAPER

1.0 out of 5 stars Weird, 16 July 2014
This review is from: SKYSCRAPER (Kindle Edition)
Too strange for me, I couldn't follow it. If there was a deep hidden meaning in the story it was too obscure for a simple soul like me. I'm sure someone will love it though. It skips from character to character with each short chapter, at first I kept looking back to remind myself what had happened, then I realised that I didn't really care.

Fatal Illusions: A Novel
Fatal Illusions: A Novel
Price: 8.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Christian Suspense, 15 July 2014
Very gripping suspense novel, with a strong Christian theme. I loved it, can't find a fault with it at all.

BLOODSTAIN (Det. Jason Strong(CLEAN SUSPENSE Book 2)
BLOODSTAIN (Det. Jason Strong(CLEAN SUSPENSE Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bloodstain, 25 Jun 2014
This is just as gripping a story as the first in the series. One reviewer mentioned that you can work out the culprit from early in the book, it's an intentional part of the story that adds to the tension rather than detracts from it. The only problem I have with this author is that he muddles up the tenses, switching from past to present and back again wthin a sentence. I think I'm getting used to it now and can ignore it, but it's a bad mistake for such an obviously talented author.
Since these are marketed as clean stories, the odd swear words could do with editing out.
Despite that, I can't give it less than four stars, it's one of those rare books that I can't put down until it's finished.

DEATH STILL (Det. Jason Strong (CLEAN SUSPENSE Book 7)
DEATH STILL (Det. Jason Strong (CLEAN SUSPENSE Book 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class Detective Story, 12 Jun 2014
This is actually number seven in the series, but it's the first one I've read - simply because it was free and so worth trying. I've now bought all the rest of the series, and that's something I very rarely do. It doesn't make a lot of difference if you read them in the wrong order, or just read an odd one, they are separate stories.
The story gripped me from the very beginning, it was an original idea, the characters were interesting - I just loved the whole thing. I'm trying to save at least some of the other books in the series for my holiday reading, but I've started one of them already!

Ukraine: The Cold War that Never Ended
Ukraine: The Cold War that Never Ended
Price: 1.83

1.0 out of 5 stars Not accurate history, 27 May 2014
It's hard to remember, on reading this, that the USSR does not actually exist anymore. The author sees everything through clouded Soviet eyes. His obsession with the belief that 'Nazis' are fighting to take over Ukraine and stop the USSR reforming is frightening - is this how the average Russian sees recent events? I hope not, for all our sakes!

The Life and Times of Isaiah
The Life and Times of Isaiah
Price: 1.02

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Isaiah!, 25 May 2014
The book is actually something about the reformation - which I'm fairly sure didn't happen in the time of Isaiah!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2014 12:31 PM BST

To Be Free (The Fisherman's Daughter Series Book 1)
To Be Free (The Fisherman's Daughter Series Book 1)
Price: 2.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 5 May 2014
This is a very obviously a Christian novel. The story gripped me from the beginning, yes it was easy to guess the ending but that didn't take anything away from the enjoyment.
As a simple easy to read and well written story it's great, the spiritual message made it a book well worth saving to read again - not something I've found in many books recently!
I hope the author writes another book soon.

Loving Her Softly: Volume 6 - 5 books for the price of 1!!! (The Heartsong Series)
Price: 2.06

1.0 out of 5 stars Loving Her Softly, 20 Mar 2013
Very immature writing, I assume the so-called best selling author is still at high school. I'm sorry, it really isn't worth reading. The whole storyline just seems silly - young lad working in cafe saves life of glamorous high flyer, who instantly falls in love with him - I won't say any more in case someone really wants to read it, but if you'll take my advice you'll not waste your time.

101 Bible Quiz Questions: Interactive Quiz Book
101 Bible Quiz Questions: Interactive Quiz Book
Price: 0.88

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs serious editing, 31 Jan 2013
Some questions have completely random answers, eg Jesus raised a lion from the dead and Ararat carried the cross for Christ!
The book has fairly easy multiple choice questions, the sort of quiz I find quite useful for Sunday School - but silly mistakes really do spoil it for that use. For a personal challenge it's ok, doesn't take long to go through.

Still Waters
Still Waters

3.0 out of 5 stars Short and sweet, 25 Jan 2013
This review is from: Still Waters (Kindle Edition)
A very predictable short story about a young Mormon girl studying away from home, who finds herself attracted to a fellow student who is not a Mormon. A nice moral at the end and well written, but far from exciting. Probably this would appeal to teenage Mormon girls; since I am neither teenage nor Mormon I'm just glad it was free.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5