Profile for Pete Lewis > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
9Ct Yellow Gold Ruby & Diamond Teardrop Earring & Pendant Set + 18" Curb Chain
9Ct Yellow Gold Ruby & Diamond Teardrop Earring & Pendant Set + 18" Curb Chain

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Present, 27 Nov 2011
I bought these in Amazon's Black Friday sale in 2010 for my mum.

She was very pleased with them, and wears them whenever she goes out.

Guylian Belgian Classics (76 Chocolates) 880 g
Guylian Belgian Classics (76 Chocolates) 880 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Lovely!, 27 Nov 2011
I bought these in Amazon's Black Friday sale both last year and this year.

Last year I bought these as a present for my father, and they were an absolute steal at just 5, not just for the quantity but for the quality as well.

This year at 10 they are still great value, and after tasting how good they are, I might be tempted to keep them to myself!

Dexter - Season 4 [DVD]
Dexter - Season 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael C. Hall
Offered by MusicnMedia
Price: 11.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Series On Tv, 27 Nov 2011
This review is from: Dexter - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
I absolutely loved the first three seasons, but S4 was just a whole new level.

Michael C Hall was very deserving of the Emmy he won from this season, as too John Lithgow. I was surprised it didn't go home with best drama too.

This year's villain is Arthur Mitchell, Aka The Trinity Killer. He is easily the creepiest foe of Dexter so far, and Lithgow is mindblowingly incredible in this role.

The season ends with one of its biggest shocks ever, one that even had me in tears!

Science Museum Science Putty (Colour Varies)
Science Museum Science Putty (Colour Varies)
Price: 4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks fun, but isn't!, 27 Nov 2011
I new when I bought this that it would lose interest at some point, but it was never very interesting to start with.

I feels horrible, and if you play with it long enough that it gets to the stage where it is very malleable, it is very messy.

Another problem I had was when you leave it upside down, the putty gets in between the lid and the tin, meaning it is a hard job to get the lid off it. The longer you wait, the harder it is to get off.

One positive though, if it gets in your carpet/clothes etc, just take a big chunk of the putty and dab it where the putty is stuck on your clothes, it should just take it out after a few dabs.

Bomb Cosmetics Little Blossom Gift Set
Bomb Cosmetics Little Blossom Gift Set
Price: 11.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Little Stocking Filler, 27 Nov 2011
I bought this on Amazon's Black Friday in 2010 for 5, in fact I bought a few.

The people I gave them to really enjoyed them, and they loved the packaging it came in, not to mention the nice smell too.

Character Options Gladiators Inflatable Pugil Sticks
Character Options Gladiators Inflatable Pugil Sticks

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Fun Toy, 27 Nov 2011
I bought this as one of the gifts for my nephew when he was turning 5. He had only recently been getting into Gladiators and duel is one of his favourite events, so this seemed like an ideal present!
As a Gladiators fan myself, this was a good opportunity to exercise my inner child at the same time, and we've both been really enjoying playing with them.
They are easy to blow up (Shouldn't take more than a few minutes), they are very durable and you can get in a hard whack without hurting anyone.
I'd fully recommend these to any fan of the show, or to any child that enjoys a bit of play fighting.

65W Charger for Compaq Presario C700 C500 C300 F500 F700 Laptop - Original Lavolta Notebook AC Adapter Power Supply Plug Cord - 18.5V 3.5A, fits 402018-001 DC359A PPP009L
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 27 Nov 2011
I often have problems with chargers for windows laptops, and I've been through about 5 already.
Quite foolishly I've been going to Pc World/Currys to look for a replacement but kept having to pay around 50 for a charger that comes with 30-odd different other parts, where only one works.
This is a very good and cheap charger, that has out lasted all of my others and shipping is quick too, so if your charger suddenly goes then you don't have too much of a wait for the next one.

9072 Meter USB Printer Cable Unpacked
9072 Meter USB Printer Cable Unpacked

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not great, 27 Nov 2011
The previous phone I had was a better version of this one, but for some reason the price for it had increased by about 75, so when it broke I had to look for a cheaper phone.
If like me, you just want a phone to text and talk then it is a pretty good phone, but it isn't very good for much else.
I often find my memory being full unless I delete texts every couple of weeks, which is the only real downside to me.

Mrs. Fry's Diary
Mrs. Fry's Diary
by Mrs Stephen Fry

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Insight Into The Real Frys, 6 Dec 2010
This review is from: Mrs. Fry's Diary (Hardcover)
Ive followed Mrs Fry on twitter since the very start, she's a wonderful lady, mother and wife. How she puts up with Stephen I will never know, or the 7 or 8 children.
Not only is this book full of laughs, great stories and home truths, it even doubles up as a cook book! Some great recipes in there to try out this Christmas, my personal fave being Spam Rumpy Pumpy.

Watch out Nigella.