Profile for Mr. A. Lewis > Reviews

Mr. A. Lewis (UK)

Philips HF3485 Wake-Up Light with Radio Alarm and USB Playback
Philips HF3485 Wake-Up Light with Radio Alarm and USB Playback

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly recommended, 3 Jan. 2013
I bought this for my partner although I must admit that in the back of my mind I hoped that I'd find it helped me getting up in the morning as well. I can confidently say that it does help, even though it is on my partners side of the bed so not as bright for me as it could be to wake me up. Both of us have found we gently wake up about 10-15 mins before our alarms go off and this happens every morning we have the lamp alarm set. So in short I'd thoroughly recommend this.

Logitech C920 HD Webcam
Logitech C920 HD Webcam

5.0 out of 5 stars Great webcam working with Ubuntu 12.04, 3 Jan. 2013
Great webcam, brilliant quality, long cable, thoroughly recommended.

I have this plugged into a machine running Ubuntu 12.04 and it works fine. Sometimes Ubuntu seems to lose the camera but unplugging and plugging it back in again seems to resolve the issue. Hopefully given time the webcam support in Linux/Ubuntu will get even better.

Fred Russian Doll (Matryoshkas) Bedside Carafe & Glass
Fred Russian Doll (Matryoshkas) Bedside Carafe & Glass
Offered by Urban Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little item that's a bit different, 3 Jan. 2013
I bought this for my girlfriend and she loves it. A nicely made Carafe with a design that's a little bit different and unusual. Thoroughly recommended.

Rudolph Christmas Jumper
Rudolph Christmas Jumper
Offered by Principatus

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Jumper, 3 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Rudolph Christmas Jumper
I bought this for an Christmas Eve gathering with friends and the theme was Christmas Jumpers. Everyone loved the jumper as much as I do. The quality is really good, a nice thick proper jumper. Thoroughly recommended.

HD Zone's IBRA® Orange Range Hdmi to Micro Hdmi Cable, High Speed with Ethernet, 2M (6.4 Ft), for HTC EVO 4g,blackberry Play Book Etc..
Offered by Hd Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality Cable, excellent price., 3 Jan. 2013
Really nice cable. With HDMI you don't strictly need all the fancy cable technology that used to make a difference on the old analog cabling as it doesn't make the signal any better, with HDMI you either get full perfect signal quality or nothing. Having said that it's nice to have a cable that feels quality, the plugs feel strong and it feels like it will last; this cable has this and for the the price you can't go wrong.

IBRA® 2m High Speed ORANGE GOLD version v2.0/1.4 HDMI Cable 3D PS4 SKY HD 2160p 4K Ultra HD
Offered by Hd Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality Cable, excellent price, 3 Jan. 2013
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 5, 2013 6:23 PM BST

iStuff AutoScan FM Transmitter for iPods and MP3 Players and Mobile Phones
iStuff AutoScan FM Transmitter for iPods and MP3 Players and Mobile Phones

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, great gadget, 16 April 2009
Item arrived quickly and in perfect condition so thumbs up for World Stores.

The transmitter is very good, the audio quality is good and definitely a handy gadget. Its first use was for a three hour car drive through the UK and it stood up to the job nicely. I bought this for my girlfriend, guess what music always ends up on the stereo now she has this to use ;)

Don't expect amazing audio quality but I was more than happy with what it did and its ease of use. The fact it means you don't have to go tearing up your dashboard to wire up an alternative means I thoroughly recommend it.

I've not had any other FM Transmitters so I can't compare it to any others.

HDanywhere 1m Platinum High Speed HDMI Cable + Ethernet (4K Ultra HD Latest Spec)
Offered by HD Connectivity

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality cable, realistic price (4.5 stars), 9 Feb. 2009
Excellent cable sold at the right price.

So many high quality HDMI cables are being sold at ridiculous prices, quoting better definition over a competitors cable, using the same reasoning as they did with analogue cables (which was true then, but not with HDMI) all in the name of getting Joe Public to part with their cash.

This is not true of this company, a good price for a high quality cable. The cable has a very solid feel to it, not too inflexible and whilst in your hands you become confident you have bought the right cable. The socket ends were larger than expected but again with their metal casing they feel a higher quality. Quite whether the feel is misleading I don't know, how tough do cables have to be when they are down the back of the TV and don't see the light of day for months or even years? Regardless the feel of the cable gave me confidence in my purchase. When plugged into the socket the fit is snug and fitted where other branded cables have felt slightly loose and their own weight has pulled them slightly out of the socket. Simply put I would highly recommend these cables.

So why the 4 stars?.. (Really I would have liked to award 4.5 stars) Due to the cables slight rigidity and the long plug end it can make it a little awkward when plugging the cables into certain items. For instance my TV does not have the socket pointing straight out of the back, it is instead in a recess and points across the back of the TV. Getting the cable into the socket was not difficult but did feel a bit of a squeeze. I think if the plug was shortened by a half a cm then this cable would be perfect.

Please do not let my last comment put you off. If you want a good HDMI cable then I would most definitely recommend this one.

Sony MZ-N710 Silver Net MiniDisc Walkman
Sony MZ-N710 Silver Net MiniDisc Walkman

5.0 out of 5 stars The Future of MP3 players, 29 July 2003
When I was first looking for a portable MP3 player of course I went down the normal route of a normal MP3 player. I wanted one with flash memory as the hard drive ones although good are way more expensive and i'm a little skeptical of the resiliance of the internal drives (as I was looking to use it when I was in the gym or on my bike). I had discarded MD's as I thought I would have to record the music "manually" using optical audio leads...
...but then I was enlightened by a friend.
Due to these wonderful little gadgets letting you download MP3's straight to the MD via USB without any hassle it makes them fantastic and THE option for MP3's. The memory is infinite (well depending on how many MD's you buy) and each MD stores plenty. You get approx 3 albums when the songs are stored in LP2 and 6 albums at LP4 all on one little MD. How cool is that!!? The batery life is incredible (although it does take a few charges for the batt to "bed" in) so you get endless music for little charge time (2 hours I think).
All in all this is a fantastic unit and I am in no way disappointed. Amazon have the best price around and free delivery, what more can you ask for?
Pros:
The list goes on....
Cons:
None really. The earphones are ok although I would say that better ones would be a plus. Sonicstage is a little reliant on id3 tags so if you want an organised Sonicstage you might have to do what I did and make sure all your id3 tags on your mp3's are correct.
Definiately buy this and feel no regret.