Profile for Mr. T. D. Wallwork > Reviews

Content by Mr. T. D. Wallwork

Mr. T. D. Wallwork "wallwork7499" (UNITED KINGDOM.)

The Anniversary: Play - Samuel French Acting Edition
The Anniversary: Play - Samuel French Acting Edition
by Bill Macilwraith
Price: 9.75

5.0 out of 5 stars The Anniversary. A play in three acts. 3 female /.3male.., 24 Nov 2013
Today is Mums wedding anniversay and her dysfuncunal family are all expected to attend, even though Dad has been dead for some time. She has ruled all their lives for many years, but on this occasion things start to unraval and the tables begin to turn. This black comedy is a visious delight which is more suitable for adult audiences. .

An Inspector Calls (Heinemann Plays For 14-16+)
An Inspector Calls (Heinemann Plays For 14-16+)
by J.B. Priestley
Price: 8.24

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all drama groups., 20 Oct 2013
J B Priestley's "An Inspector Calls" is a rather wordy play, written back in 1945 and set in 1912. My only criticism, when I directed the play, was The author does at times have a tendency to repete several passages of dialogue, as if the audience needed to be reminded. This can easily be rectified by using your own discretion. A wonderful adaptation of the play was recently revived and directed by Stephen Daldry, but I prefered the original play. We meet the Burling family who are celebrating their daughters engagement to Mr Gerald Croft. The family are in high spirits until The maid interrups the proccedings by announcing that an Inspector has called. His presence is somewhat menacing and has a lasting effect on the family when they are told of a young woman has died in the infirmary after swallowing some disinfectant. After he interrogates each member of the family, including Mr Croft, It soon becomes clear that they have all known the unfortunate woman the have also contributed to her death. The Inspector finally leaves and the family are left to come to terms with what they have done. After some deliberation and a few telephone calls they find that the whole thing was a hoax. No woman has been admitted to the imfirmary and no Inspector Goole is on the police force. Feeling so releived about the whole business, they try to put the situation behind them. Suddenly the telephone rings to inform Mr Birling that a young woman has just been admitted to the infimary after swallowing some disinfectant and an Inspector is on his way to ask a few questions!!!

Murdered to Death (Revised Edition)
Murdered to Death (Revised Edition)
by Peter Gordon
Price: 6.63

5.0 out of 5 stars A smashing whodonit., 20 Oct 2013
The first in the "Inspector Pratt" trilogies. Agatha Cristie style whodunit with hilarious results. It will keep audiences quessing till the very end..

Voyage Round My Father (Modern Plays)
Voyage Round My Father (Modern Plays)
by Sir John Mortimer

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful Play., 20 Oct 2013
The Author takes us on a nastalgic journey from his chilhood upwards. His barrister father is struck blind, but the family never speak about it. We follow "The Boy", as he is always referred to, through his boarding school days, marriage and finally following in his fathers footsteps in the law courts. Its a heart warming journey showing the love of a son for his father!

Wait Until Dark: a Play (Acting Edition)
Wait Until Dark: a Play (Acting Edition)
by Frederick Knott
Price: 9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Thriller., 20 Oct 2013
This play was made into a film with the same title starring Audrey Hepburn. Unfortunatley the licence is not available for performing this play in the UK, (for Professional or amateur productions, and believe me we did try!.

Death by Fatal Murder
Death by Fatal Murder
by Peter Gordon

5.0 out of 5 stars A great farce., 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: Death by Fatal Murder (Paperback)
This is the last in the Inspector Pratt trilogies. I chose this because it reunites us with Miss Maple and Constable Tomkins, both great characters.

Theatrical Smoking Fake Cigarettes (Adults ONLY)
Theatrical Smoking Fake Cigarettes (Adults ONLY)
Offered by Simply Direct ltd
Price: 1.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Realistic cigarettes that are ideal for stage work., 20 Oct 2013
Worked well on stage in a play set in the 70s, It gave the effect we needed for the character to appear to smoke. . ...

Company - A Musical Comedy  [2007] [DVD] [NTSC]
Company - A Musical Comedy [2007] [DVD] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ John Doyle

4.0 out of 5 stars A WONDERFUL PRODUCTION., 28 Feb 2009
Stephen Sondheim's "Company" is all the more engaging by this up to date production, along with its wonderful and truly talented cast. Although I first saw the show in the 70s with the original London cast, which still remains the best for me, I was more than delighted with the professional performances from everyone involved in this show. My only critisium, and the reason I didn't give it a 5 star rating, was because I found the music a little too soft, by that I don't mean in volume, but rather lacking in fullness for my taste. I would have prefered the sound of a full orchestra like in the theatre. I felt the production lacked a little umph! This was just my opinion, but that said I truly enjoyed the superb performances, and proud to add it to my collection.