Profile for Mrs. N. Lamb > Reviews

Content by Mrs. N. Lamb

Mrs. N. Lamb "Gadget Freak!" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Contigo Aria 600 ml Autoseal Stainless Steel Travel Mug, Grey
Contigo Aria 600 ml Autoseal Stainless Steel Travel Mug, Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thermal travel mug I've ever used, 25 July 2014
i've had two the smaller version of this travel mug for about 3 years, but managed to lose one. I decided to order the larger size so I had tea or coffee available for a longer time. This is even better than my last as the lid is slightly curved to the shape of your mouth and lips and has a simple lock, not that my others had ever leaked and this one is definitely up to the Contigo high standard

I love it - highly recommended

GARDMAN HANGING WILD BIRD FEEDER 'S' HOOK GARDEN SMALL
GARDMAN HANGING WILD BIRD FEEDER 'S' HOOK GARDEN SMALL
Offered by Outdoor Value
Price: 1.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, well made and the hook shape/size is perfect., 25 July 2014
See my positive review for the larger size Gardman hooks; They are perfect. NL

ED3720 Cutlery - Grape grape scissors - Silver-plated
ED3720 Cutlery - Grape grape scissors - Silver-plated
Offered by CADO HOME
Price: 12.90

1.0 out of 5 stars Tacky, poorly made and they don't cut!!!, 25 July 2014
Rather cheap looking - Horribly expensive for what they are.
The blades didn't meet properly and they wouldn't even cut a piece of paper!!!
I returned them immediately. Seller was quick to refund, so no probe there.
But definitely not recommended.

Classic Cantabile L3-A Piano Single Lamp Brass
Classic Cantabile L3-A Piano Single Lamp Brass

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Piano lamp - Perfect, 25 July 2014
Bought as a present. Looks lovely on the piano and is just what we wanted.
My only complaint is that it came with a two pin plug; We'd have preferred a three pin.

Silver Plated Shell Design Tea Caddy Spoon
Silver Plated Shell Design Tea Caddy Spoon
Offered by Ash Collectables
Price: 16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant and really nice quality., 25 July 2014
A lovely little caddy spoon - It looks elegant and serves the right amount of (standard black leaf) tea.
At an excellent price too; it's worth it.

Rio 60 Second Neck Toner
Rio 60 Second Neck Toner
Price: 24.70

5.0 out of 5 stars It works - GO FOR IT!, 25 July 2014
I'm 52 and first bought the Rio neck toner 4 years ago; I used it religiously for only 2 weeks before folks were asking me if I'd lost weight, and all because of my improved and slimmer jawline thanks to Rio. It works I promise you...

If you haven't had any success with it, please don't give up... try AGAIN, and make sure that you can feel your muscles contracting a fair amount - they jerk with the stimulation and the movement should show when you look in the mirror.

At the level this happens strongly (for me about level 9) the 'tingling sensation' is a little uncomfortable, so I suggest working up to the more uncomfortable levels over a few days.
I hadn't used it for about 3 years and then realised that "I'll start again next week" is a daft attitude! After all, it's only 1 minute for each position and, don't tell anyone, but I often use it when seated on, ahem, 'the THRONE' - that way I can be extra efficient with my time AND... no-one knows I'm using a bit of help in the saggy neck/double chin area!
Started using it again just a week and a half ago (had to buy a new one because sitting in a cupboard with its batteries in for such a long time had not been good for my first one) and it's already showing. I'm really chuffed again.

Highly recommended - go for it!

Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub
Extra Select Mealworms 5 L Tub
Price: 13.92

5.0 out of 5 stars My birds LOVE'em, 1 April 2014
Robins, tits, blackbirds, nuthatches, dunnocks et al... My title says it all, and price wise these aren't at all bad.

A Traveller in Time
A Traveller in Time
by Alison Uttley
Price: 6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, even for the older reader, 1 April 2014
This review is from: A Traveller in Time (Paperback)
Beautifully written. I won't give a synopsis as this can be found in the item details. But I do love this book.
It was recommended to me by my beloved Grandma when I was a teenager - I'd grown up with her reading my cousin and I the Alison Uttley 'Little Grey Rabbit' books and have a great fondness for this author anyway... My own children are in their 20's now and it has taken me all that time to buy a copy of A Traveller in Time!... I wasn't disappointed.
Thank you Nanna. I hope they have Alison Uttley books available wherever you are now. X

Fabsil Aerosol Spray on Proofer - 600ml
Fabsil Aerosol Spray on Proofer - 600ml
Price: 7.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay, it works; no more caterpillar rug inching its way in 'waves' across the floor, 1 April 2014
Had to use nearly a whole canister on one rug ( approx 5ft x 4ft) BUT our hearth-side rug doesn't walk across the floor any more; The stuff really does work. The rug has remained in place for over a month so far.

You give a minimum 2 coats - best done outside on a calm day - it's a bit like watered down Copydex and very sticky, so don't walk in it AND do follow instruction and wash nozzle between uses. The stickiness goes when completely dry (12 plus hours), leaving a sort of silicon feel.

When dry it forms an invisible coating which really does keep your rug or mat in place. NB I've only tried the rug on a carpet, not a hard floor.
The coating doesn't transfer to the carpet, so no worries there - Ideal and recommended!

Kindle Paperwhite 3G, 6" High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Free 3G + Wi-Fi [Previous Generation]
Price: 149.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Charge doesn't last even a week..., 1 April 2014
Never thought I'd buy an e-reader, BUT the Kindle app on my iPhone got me hooked. So I bought the Kindle Paperwhite - and I do love it despite 3 star review however I have to add a very large BUT...
1. After only a year, a full charge lasts less than 5 days now, I have always had problems turning it off, and realise now - too late for year's warranty - that it may be faulty.
2. I really miss Not being able to listen to Audiobooks, and having to use up my iPhone charge ( which is pretty pathetic anyway and my one beef about my beloved iPhone!)

Amazon please, you've taken over AUDIBLE - why oh why would you design an e-reader without an audio facility? It's daft! For this reason, unless there is a change in design which incorporates audio books, my next e-reader will probably not be a Kindle - Shame.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5