Profile for Marc > Reviews

Content by Marc

Marc

Page: 1 | 2
Betron B550s Noise Isolating in Ear Canal Headphones Earphones with Pure Sound and Powerful Bass for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung, Nokia, HTC , Mp3 Players etc (Gold Edition)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars All around great, 6 Oct 2014
Great stuff, great bass sound, great noise isolation, very speedy delivery

SKYRAY KING 8500LM 6x CREE XM-L2 T6 LED Flashlight Torch Power Light Lamp UK + 4x18650 +2xDual Charger
Offered by Joylee2014888

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality absurdly bright torch, 30 Aug 2014
Warning, this is absolutely no toy and should never be given to a child (or an irresponsible person), because it could blind itself or others easily with this.

This is the brightest flashlight I've ever seen, absurdly so. A normal car headlight outputs 1000 lumens, a Xenon flash headlights outputs a blinding 3000 lumen and this thing does 8500 lumen and is much more bundled. If I light it in the garden at high setting, it lights up like a sunny daylight (except that the light is relatively cold, i.e. white like your normal kitchen light, around 1000K). I can hardly see the indoor applications for it that you couldn't handle with a normal flashlight, outdoors OK. I see application for it to be used as a blinding weapon or to be set up straight on the ground or fixed somewhere as a very bright light. On a camping site your neighbors would surely feel either left in the dark, or terrorized if pointed at them. It stands very stable up or down, so it can be used as a light. I can imagine putting some sort of sphere screen over it to give it a wider light angle. I guess that is why most of this strength of light is sold as 'diving torch', where the light would penetrate much less far.

Fortunately it has three settings, high, medium and low. The low setting is more than enough for indoor applications.

With batteries it weighs 450 grams, so that 'light aluminium' helps but it's still pretty heavy compared to your normal flashlight, but lighter than an ipad, (which is 600 grams), and so it the size, which is a real handfull. With my small hands I can barely grip all the way around it. And I certainly wouldn't pack it in my backpack for hiking etc..

There are 4 special BRC 18650 type batteries of 3000 mAh each for a stunning total of 12000 mAh. On a normal flashlight that would keep the light burning constantly for an entire day I guess. They are larger than your normal AA batteries (65mm long), so it is highly advisable to buy the torch in a complete package with loader and batteries. On high the batteries should work at least two hours, low perhaps double (from hearsay, not experience) that. Loading these heavy batteries took me 3 to four hours, didn't time it exactly and didn't know if they were empty, or even if it matters that they are empty. The batteries are supposed to work for at least ten years (so it is written on them).

Everything looks very sturdy and reliable. I'm not so sure that the contacts would last ten years, but could easily imagine they do.

The high setting does produce heat, which is easily noticeable if the high setting is held close to the skin. My thermometer goes from 25 to 30°C in one minute. I've read that the torch would be too hot to hold if lit on high for around two hours. It has a ribbed design to dissipate the heat and provide a better grip.

Summing it up: a very sturdy, dangerously bright torch, if that is what you're looking for. IMO if you're looking for indoors applications, half the lumen rating would easily do, but hey, I got all that I wanted and much much more, hence the five stars.

Compatible DR2200 Black Laser Drum Unit for Brother DCP, HL, MFC Printers - Two Drums
Offered by Prestige Cartridge

3.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, with black spots., 5 July 2014
The great thing here is the price.
I do get small black spots (and light grey streaks) on my prints, however I can't be sure if that is due to my alternative brand toner or the alternative label drum, or even something else, so I can't state much for sure about the quality, I'm not a specialist.
It's still OK if you just need to review large amounts of text (100's of pages), like I sometimes do, and you don't need to send the documents to an external client. I am still ok, and will probably reorder. Again, the price is a fraction of the originals.

Perhaps the second one will be better, if so will update.

Bipra USB 2.0 to SATA/IDE Adapter Kit with Power Adapter for 2.5/3.5/5.25 inch SATA or IDE Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing "out of the box" cables that worked on my SATA drive. Everyone should have these!!!, 5 July 2014
This is something everyone with an IDE or SATA drive (90% of computer users?) should have!!!
It just works out of the box
- on computers with hardware failure on power, motherboard, graphics, or other unknown error etc. remove your hard disk first, pretty easy, just need a screwdriver. After removal just connect it to the HDD. The instructions are very clear on where to put what.
- on working computers that are being upgraded, just remove the HDD the same way and use your HDD as an external disk. With modern hard disks of 1 or 2 TB, these cables easily save a large amount of the cost of an external boxed HDD of the same size.

I had no problems running the hard disks for extended times, day and night; it does not become too hot (when just placed in a well aerated space, just natural "ventilation").

It saved me when my computer failed, too bad I didn't have it immediately, but it came two days after ordering (to Belgium), so still superfast.

Now I have a really easy to use 1 TB external disk sitting next to my new computer, which can be easily connected and removed with the added power switch (first use Windows safe removal tool)

Thanks a lot Bipra

Long Life Lamp Company GU10 5 Watt Super Bright LED with New Chip Technology, Warm White 50w replacements

4.0 out of 5 stars Good lights, 6 Feb 2014
OK, they are pretty blinding looking at them, but they are a good deal less focused, in terms of spotlight effect, and bright than the Aurora 7W GU10 High Power LED Light Bulbs Warm White 3000k 50W. But then, they are also a good deal less expensive...
So, not perfect, but you pay what you get and they do what they say.

R50 LED 5W E14 Replacment for Reflector R50 LED Light Bulb Energy saving
R50 LED 5W E14 Replacment for Reflector R50 LED Light Bulb Energy saving
Offered by Strictly Lamps

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lights, 6 Feb 2014
Great spotlights, produce little heat, pretty perfect. Good bang for the buck, can't go much brighter than this, my wife even complains they're too bright for the bathroom.

Aurora 7W GU10 High Power LED Light Bulbs Warm White 3000k 50W Equivalent (3 Year Guarantee)
Offered by Lights4u

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely bright lights, 6 Feb 2014
Can't say much about the lifespan, just started using them. They are very strong spotlights, would like them a bit warmer, but they are just fine.

Panasonic DMC-TZ25EB-K Compact Camera - Black (12.1MP, 16x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD
Offered by uk-dealz

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but Panasonic policies seriously thumbs down, 30 Aug 2013
Have been testing it now for two days only.

1. My key question: does it give you exactly what you see on the screen? Is it WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get). The answer is often yes, but often also NO (in more difficult circumstances). I find this crucial. You see a nice shot in your lcd and then the end result is completely different for some reason (well really many reasons, but most unfounded). I understand this when the flash is activated, but otherwise, I don't see why this should happen in imode, where the camera determines everything itself and without flash. Annoying. Example: have nice warm coloured green plant leaves on my lcd, on the final picture, the light is completely different, now they look greyish. With some fiddling I can get them green, but you can't know by just looking at the preview. I hate that and thought a "smart" camera had finally come.

2. The resulting pictures are however, mostly great. It has a great Leica lens (although this is misleading because it is a Panasonic lens made to Leica standards, well you know that). It really has a massive amount of functions and scene modes, that do mostly what they say they do, but not always equally easy of course (e.g. for panoramic pictures you need to make a full circle in about 8 seconds, but the camera isn't really assisting you in any way), so it fails easily, with the camera commenting that it was too slow or too fast thus no result.. It takes nice night shots, in house is no problem at all, shooting moving objects in shadowy circumstances creates blur though, and not much can be done about it. It doesn't have the right hardware to do that.

3. The movie I made in Highres and then viewed on my 46' home tv simply blew me away. Great picture, superb sound, much better than the shaky examples of film I've seen of the camera. Waw waw waw.That absolutely surprised me positively. I have a separate HD-camera, but this is much better even.

4. I found the ability to edit the pics on the camera quite useful, really makes a difference.

5. The macro and zoom functions are absolutely outstanding. I can shoot a flower from 15 metres away as if I was close by. The stabiliser function makes it pretty sharp. I can also shoot up as close as to nearly touch it, or even touch it, with still nice depth.

So all in all, I find it a pretty great camera FOR THE MONEY. That is the strong point of Lumix/Panasonic: it always sits in the "mass sales" sweet spot for camera's where non professionals want good quality for a reasonable price. It doesn't have much pretense to play in the higher segments, I think. That would all be good, but for the following.

It is too obviously trying to fill its pockets at our expense by selling "accessories" to dummies at very high prices, and by ensuring that none of these accessories are compatible with other models. I'm talking batteries and loaders.
- One battery is supplied with this camera but no loader, only a miniUSB mains plug to connect to the camera.
- Obviously if you are seriously going to shoot stuff on holidays or otherwise you will need a reserve battery. Panasonic sells these original batteries for over 40 EUR, substitute generic brands, which Panasonic calls "counterfeit" sell them for 10-12 EUR. Well, they are not counterfeit if they are sold under their own brand name. Like the lousy printing companies, Panasonic have apparently added a chip to their batteries (I've read, can't verify this myself) to attempt to make substitutes unusable, with the same result as the printing companies. Plenty of substitute batteries around that work just as well or, (if you read the reviews and it seems based more on hunch than science) even longer than the originals.
- I have three Lumix camera's at home (family members) now AND THEY ALL HAVE DIFFERENT BATTERIES AND DIFFERENT LOADERS. So my old camera batteries are now all ready to be thrown away. This is extremely environmentally unfriendly, Panasonic. Don't give me any crap about eco this and that. you are just trying to sell batteries and loaders.
- Same story for the loader. Panasonic only supplies a mains plug and USB cable for loading with battery in the camera. Not ideal. My previous Lumix all had a separate battery loader; no more. As mentioned: none of the old loaders will work on this battery (and probably the next one, if any).
- IMO Panasonic would have a better image selling compatible batteries and compatible loaders as serious companies that care about their customers and the environment would do. This is a breaker for me, not planning to buy any more Lumix, well if I can find better at least.
- My old camera used to have a complete manual, now just a cd with some crap on it and a quick start guide. You can just leave the cd away and give us a link to the manual. More environmentally friendly and cheaper, and no pretense of providing anything useful.
- This camera has a one year Pan European warranty. EU regulations prescribe a mandatory two years. Don't you know that, Panasonic??? You are breaking EU law. There is no excuse for that and if you had any confidence in your own products, it wouldn't be a problem, but so you make it seem as if it IS a problem.

So, Camera, good, Panasonic, you used to have a good image in my opinion, but it is now seriously tainted. Hopefully my last Lumix, but I won't let that spoil the fun with the new camera in the meantime, with my cheap substitute loader and cheap substitute reserve battery, despite Panasonic. And I will claim my mandatory two years warranty if I need to.

Mens Cotton Loose Wide Top Socks Size 6-11 Darks 12 Pack
Mens Cotton Loose Wide Top Socks Size 6-11 Darks 12 Pack
Offered by Charkat

5.0 out of 5 stars I wear nothing else, 24 Aug 2013
These are just the perfect socks, not tight, but not too lose as to be sagging all the time. Have thrown away all my other socks and will use nothing else.

Dynasty Warriors 7 (PS3)
Dynasty Warriors 7 (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best release ever, 4 Feb 2013
Those who found the older Dynasty Worriers (3?) the best one, will love this, guaranteed. Sure, it looks a bit old-fashioned (graphics could be better), but they are better (not much, just enough) and you will feel super mowing down all these enemies. There are many more weapons and tt's still challenging enough, you can't win em all, but you don't get punished if you lose, you can save a fight just before you match up with the next big general. Love it, will play it for years to come. As far as I'm concerned they've done everything right and there are so many battles. Beef up all your characters to top grade will keep you busy for a very very long time.

Page: 1 | 2