ARRAY(0xa845ea08)

Profile for ghost_flo > Reviews

Content by ghost_flo

ghost_flo

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Raspberry Pi Model B (512MB RAM, UK Model)
Raspberry Pi Model B (512MB RAM, UK Model)
Offered by Uk TRADING

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent media box, 6 April 2014
I use this as an XMBC machine (using raspbmc), and it suits its purpose flawlessly. I power it off my TV, control it with my TV's remote control and connect it to my network using a powerline ethernet solution. It plays full HD content without missing a beat, and this is over a network mid you. Raspbmc also allows you to overclock the cpu/gpu on it, in case you are finding it slow.

If you want to hook it up to your tv and turn it into a media box, It only needs a micro usb cable(99p), an HDMI cable (£1) and a decent USB flash drive/SD card (£8-£9) in order to run, but I would strongly recommend buying a case (around £3-£5, depending on design). If you decide not to run it off a TV, you can use a phone charger to power it (£3 or so).

It can get a bit hot sometimes, but this is normal for electronics. For this price, there is currently no alternative.

Seeadler Premium Shoe Tree - St. John Edition - Canadian Red Cedar - Sz. UK 9 / EU 43
Offered by SEEADLER

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and good quality, 6 April 2014
For the type of people this product addresses to, it is very cheap, yet has a satisfying feel to it. The cedar smell is very strong, and the fit is as expected. You will not find cracks or rough edges on these.
What I feel could be improved is the sizing options - it would have been great if these were expandable by another half measure, in case you have shoes which are a bit too tight and would like to loosen up a bit. However, the manufacturer advertises them as being one size only, so no complaints here.
Excellent choice for a pair of nice (read: expensive) shoes.

[New Release] Anker® Ultra Slim Apple iPad Air Premium Folio Leather Smart Case Cover Stand for Apple iPad Air Tablet (2013 Version) with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Function (Blue)
Offered by AnkerDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not much more, 6 April 2014
I bought this to replace a horrible case from Targus, a brand which I have come to loathe. This product (at the time of purchase) cost me £20 less, and is miles better. It is very slim, yet offers a decent amount of protection, and it has a nice feel to it.
What I don't like however is the ridiculous weight, which does not suit the iPad AIr's slim physique. I believe the case might actually be heavier than the tablet !
Furthermore, like other users have pointed out, the bumps which are meant to hold the ipad in the positions shown in the pictures are not tall enough, so the tablet might end up falling. If this happens though, it will fall on a protective cushion of material, so no harm done.
Overall, this is a reasonable product, which if improved in the 2 areas mentioned above, would make for a cracking deal.

Samsung S4 SIV i9500 Case Hybrid Gel Bumper With Hard Frosted Clear Back Cover, Screen Protector, Stylus For New Galaxy Phone (White)
Offered by Tekstuff

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good fit, however case gets dirty very fast, 6 April 2014
I think this is a reasonable case, especially for the money. The fit is very very good, and it gives the phone a smart look. What I don't like however is that the white edge gets dirty way too quickly, and there isn't much you can do to avoid this. I would have been nice if the manufacturer designed a black/blue edge version.

Olay Gentle Cleanser Refreshing Facewash 150 ml
Olay Gentle Cleanser Refreshing Facewash 150 ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Very harsh on sensitive skin, 6 April 2014
I believe this product contains soap, which puts it in the same league as supermarket own brand facewash products. For a brand like Olay, which is supposed to be premium, I feel this is not acceptable. Furthermore, the perfume (listed in the ingredients) doesn't help its cause either.
I don't agree with the other reviewers who say it does not leave the skin feeling dry. It is just as harsh as other cleaners.
For the price, it is worth trying. I've given it a chance, but it doesn't work for me. For other people, especially those without sensitive skin, it might be just fine.

Targus Click In iPad Air Case - Black
Targus Click In iPad Air Case - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Not at all fit for purpose, 23 Jan 2014
This is a very poorly designed case. Even though I did not buy this product from Amazon, I was compelled to write a review, so that other people don't get fooled too.

I have had this product for a few weeks now, and have not had a pleasant experience at all.

Pros:
- At least it offers some protection to your ipad. It protects the front and the back of the product

Cons:
- The stand function does not work at all ! I almost cracked the screen of my iPad because of this case's design. Your tablet will fall within one or 2 minutes of placing it in a standing position.
- The smell of this product is horrible. It smells like cheap plastic, and it doesn't get any better after a few weeks.
- It doesn't support the sleep/wake function - it is not advertised to do so, but for this price it should have.
- The back is covered with a cardboard-like material, which peels off after relatively little use.
- The iPad's chamfered edges are exposed, so they are prone to scratches and dents even inside the case.
- I don't see the point of that elastic band which is supposed to keep the case closed. It's very hard to undo, and when it is latched onto the case's hook, the cover does not sit flush against the screen.

All in all, one of the most disappointing products I have ever bought. It is not fit for purpose, and the price is exorbitant for the benefits you are getting. If you want to protect your investment, please look elsewhere.

AmazonBasics Holster Camera Case for DSLR Cameras Black
AmazonBasics Holster Camera Case for DSLR Cameras Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good materials, design can be improved on though., 18 Aug 2013
I bought this for my samsung nx1000 camera. The materials are very good, the plastic bottom is excellent at stabilizing the bag, and the sholder strap is pretty comfy.

It has 3 pockets (2 on the sides and one in the front), and I use them to store my battery charger and cord, an extra battery and a memory card. The space inside is plentiful for a large dslr and lens.

What I think can be improved is how the inside space is separated. It comes with two dividers (with velcro at each of their ends), and you are supposed to put them however you like. Unfortunately, I could not find a solution that keeps a relatively small camera like mine secured. I ended up removing them altogether and placing the camera directly in the bag.

It is marketed as a dslr camera bag (not as a compact system camera like mine), so I guess this makes sense.

Excellent customer service and delivery from Amazon, as usual. Best e-tailer there is.

Nokia CC-3068 Protective Shell Case for Lumia 520 - White
Nokia CC-3068 Protective Shell Case for Lumia 520 - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine product - very nice feel, 18 Aug 2013
There is not much to say about this, other than it is what you expect it to be. It is a direct replacement to the cover that came with your Lumia 520 smartphone. I wanted a white phone, but the white Lumia 520 was about £10 more expensive than the black one at the time of purchase. I bought this cover and now I have 1 extra one and I am £4 better off.

The feel and the functionality of it is exactly the same as the one on the phone.

If you don't want silicone/tpu cases on your phone, and don't mind shelling £6 once in a while to refresh the look of your phone, or if you want to change the aspect of your phone, this is a very good choice.

Good packaging on the item.

Samsung 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 Grade 1 80MB/s SDHC Pro Memory Card Bulk Pack
Samsung 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 Grade 1 80MB/s SDHC Pro Memory Card Bulk Pack
Offered by Locoisle777

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good purchase, 6 July 2013
I tested this card with my Samsung NX1000, and it handles burst mode with no problems, and full HD movies are recorded without any issues. I can get around 5300 pictures in Smart mode, and 3400 in P-mode (superfine quality).

I also put it in my laptop's card reader, which I know is limited around 20 MB/s, and it achieved this on both read and write. If I had put it in an USB 3.0 card reader, it would have reached its advertised speeds. While it's not the fastest card around, for this price you can't get much better.

Most compact and micro 3/4s cannot write on the card with more than 20 MB/s, so the card is adequate.

The only downside I could find is that the card came in an OEM-like packaging, in a jiffy bag and a card plastic case. However this was mentioned by the seller, so it did not constitute a problem for me.

Overall, an excellent buy !

SanDisk 32GB Extreme USB 3.0 Flash Drive
SanDisk 32GB Extreme USB 3.0 Flash Drive
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good performer (see pictures with speed), 21 Feb 2013
I bought this flash drive a few days ago, and looking back it has been a very useful and wise purchase.

It is very very fast , with 190 MB/s read speeds and 117 MB/s write speeds, for the 32 GB version- Amazon mixes reviews for different versions together. However, you will need a PC based on the newest Intel of AMD chipsets, which have native support for USB 3.0, in order to enjoy these fast speeds. Also, this flash drive has better sequential reads/writes than many hard drives out there, so that might be a bottleneck in the speeds.

The flash drive is a bit on the long side, but not too much so, and for this performance, it's more than acceptable.

If you want performance, don't be fooled into buying other "performance" USB 3.0 drives, because speeds vary greatly with brands and models. Look for benchmarks if you are looking for a fast drive.

I would recommend this drive for for anyone who wants extremely fast speeds.

Also, impeccable Amazon service as usual.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4